• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigar

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix (cancelled Fate of Atlantis sequel) revealed

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Cool stuff, wouldn’t mind if Double Fine used their good connections with Disney and Sony to resurrect this now that a new Indy movie is coming

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 July 2016 05:38 PM

Cool stuff, wouldn’t mind if Double Fine used their good connections with Disney and Sony to resurrect this now that a new Indy movie is coming

How much it could sell?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks for share.

who is always behind those repetitive kindsa leaaaaks?!! Shifty Eyed  Wink

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 20 July 2016 05:41 PM

How much it could sell?

1 million copies! I have no idea

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 20 July 2016 05:59 PM
nomadsoul - 20 July 2016 05:41 PM

How much it could sell?

1 million copies! I have no idea

shit, sumthing strange had just happened!!
i read **already(* this post (with its tag and everything)) (number 3# it was), and as i posted mine,it was #3, and wilco’s post, number turned to 4#!? aye! (i swear!), which is (too strange) and inporatnt too trifle dont bother yourself, just layback there.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 20 July 2016 06:10 PM

shit, sumthing strange had just happened!!
i read **already(* this post (with its tag and everything)) (number 3# it was), and as i posted mine,it becomes #3, and wilco’s post, number turned to 4#!? aye! (i swear!), which is (too strange) and inporatnt too trifle dont bother yourself, just layback there.

Forum is going crazy with all the activity… Tongue

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 20 July 2016 06:36 PM

Forum is going crazy with all the activity… Tongue

hehe, a phenomenal technical switch (between #3 & #4) had happened in a jiffy and we would never know how. (by the current order i do wonder) how funny its that i read post #4 before i posted #3 Grin

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

My ... God. Thank you, nomadsoul!!! I have been looking for docs like these for many years, ever since I first heard about the cancelled sequel. I loved the comic and would’ve loved a game, no matter how true or not it was to the original story. And while I always pictured it in FOA graphics-style, the Full Throttle effect, which I would’ve doubted, only makes me want this more.

The story and puzzles are there. So are the rough graphics and sprites. Except for paying for the license, this would be so inexpensive to make—and quicker than developing a completely new story, like Thimbleweed. Would love to hear the AG community sound off one by one on the chances of this coming true—in the style it was designed (I’m a sucker for the hopeful thoughts of others).

I mean, if fans did this as a fan project—not for profit—would Disney be able to cause backlash? Or maybe starting it would even get Disney to halt their progress and get to work on it/hand over the rights to a company like DoubleFine? Would it still not sell in Germany, a potential remaining downfall, as Germany is a huge AG market?

Is a petition in order???

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

there has been a petition for the other one; Fate of Atlantis Special Edition going for almost three years with rumors that 70% of the game is made, but its been long since   i ever heard of anything new or how does Disney stand towards it by now

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Advie - 21 July 2016 12:58 AM

there has been a petition for the other one; Fate of Atlantis Special Edition going for almost three years with rumors that 70% of the game is made, but its been long since   i ever heard of anything new or how does Disney stand towards it by now

Sierra’s parent put the kibosh on the Silver Lining fan sequels at the last minute, though. Granted, it did so to start work on its KQ reboot, which ended up being a godsend, IMHO, as the new KQ games have been lovely. I just wonder if between the remake of FOA and a petition to bring about Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix, Disney/LucasArts might do the same and bring Iron Phoenix into production.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

rottford - 21 July 2016 12:47 AM

My ... God. Thank you, nomadsoul!!!

These wishes are seldom here.
You are welcome.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top