• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Visual Novels

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I reviewed Draculaland a while ago for the Following Freeware series and I found its interface refreshing and easy to work with.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Having played VA-11 Hall-a now, in my view, it can best be described as a very good slice-of-life sci-fi VN, which is fairly unique by default.  Without spoilers, I will say if you’re expecting anything super-gripping from it, it’ll disappoint you, but it does have a high degree of charm, a nice cast of characters, and fairly compelling smaller stories.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

:large

Vote 428 if you guys want this Japanese hit VN

Parallel gameplay mechanic

Players read through and switch between multiple stories that take place in the same timeframe, each seen from a different character’s point of view. Decisions made in one character’s story can inadvertently affect the story of another character in unforeseen ways. The format is similar to earlier non-linear visual novels with multiple perspectives, such as Machi (1998)and Eve Burst Error (1995), and can also be compared to non-linear hyperlink films such as Pulp Fiction (1994), Magnolia (1999) or Vantage Point (2008).

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I have heard about 428. Similair premise to The World Ends With you for the DS/Ios.

Hoping for that one to come over.

Didn’t Kamaitachi no Yoru already get a release on Iphone under the guise of The Banshee’s Last Cry? Was a very entertaining murder mystery game.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 04 August 2016 05:53 AM

I have heard about 428. Similair premise to The World Ends With you for the DS/Ios.

Hoping for that one to come over.

Didn’t Kamaitachi no Yoru already get a release on Iphone under the guise of The Banshee’s Last Cry? Was a very entertaining murder mystery game.

Yes, it was rel on ios not steam.
But 428 was so acclaimed it must come to west.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

428 was awesome. I have a review here. 428 is also interesting, because the anime series is Canaan is a spin-off of 428, and that series has already been released outside of Japan (FOR LOVE OF GOD, do not watch Canaan before 428. It spoils the ending).

Personally, I think the zapping system worked better in Machi, but 428 is more fun as a more focused story (the storylines in 428 eventually come together in a grande finale, while Machi stays a bit (weird) slice of life with seperate storylines all the way to the end).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Tantei KID - 04 August 2016 12:51 PM

428 was awesome. I have a review here. 428 is also interesting, because the anime series is Canaan is a spin-off of 428, and that series has already been released outside of Japan (FOR LOVE OF GOD, do not watch Canaan before 428. It spoils the ending).

Personally, I think the zapping system worked better in Machi, but 428 is more fun as a more focused story (the storylines in 428 eventually come together in a grande finale, while Machi stays a bit (weird) slice of life with seperate storylines all the way to the end).

I think I actually knew about 428 through your review lol.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Guys you only had one job.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Come on.. What the hell is Kenka Otome? Vita crap?

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

I bet this is just another elaborate scheme of Advie’s. Gee thanks…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 11 August 2016 01:29 PM

I bet this is just another elaborate scheme of Advie’s. Gee thanks…

Smile

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

@Nomadsoul

lol….I like this one better than the previous one.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 11 August 2016 01:25 PM

Come on.. What the hell is Kenka Otome? Vita crap?

Vita doesnt leave you even from its grave.
Its minions haunt interwebz….

And i was today listening to this ost of 428,

http://mdzanime.me/2016/01/31/428-in-a-blockaded-shibuya-one-of-a-kind/

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

428’s best song is either the main theme or Minorikawa’s theme.

Kenka Otome is an otome game based on the Kenka Bancho series, and one of those games (I think the third or fourth title, on the PSP?) was already released in the West in the past, so I guess it had a slight ‘home advantage’.

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Speaking of visual novels. I want to try out the first season of White Island for Ios. How is it?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top