• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkSefirSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Telltale’s Game of Thrones

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

If there’s another thread about this I couldn’t find it!

Has anyone played any of the episodes & if so what do you think?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It’s here:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2772

As a fan of the books, I didn’t like the game, one of the weakest from Telltale.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for your thought on it wilco & the link.

Oh, how did I miss that thread - I probably didn’t but the comments didn’t register as it meant nothing at the time!  It does seem though that there was an interest & episodes of the game were played by members here generating a lot of conflicting opinions.

I only discovered the TV series (on DVD) a few months ago at the end of March, I’m now a complete obsessive fan & waiting patiently for Season 6 to finish to play the episodes back-to -back rather than accessing the facility to download each of them on a week-to-week basis with no plans to try the game until the series has finished but just wondered whether it added anything as I’m aware that it follows a different story.

I should read the books but from what I can understand they’re a little behind the TV series?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I haven’t read the books myself, but what I know of them, they are some what very different from the series: different people die in them than in the series and, as the final books haven’t yet been written, the last seasons will be fully entities of their own with no direct literal ties.

As such, the series has taken a lot of liberties (but in places, I’ve understood, is fairly faithful to the books). So if you read them, you can take them as a different narrative of the same setting.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

tomimt - 13 June 2016 09:07 AM

I haven’t read the books myself, but what I know of them, they are some what very different from the series: different people die in them than in the series and, as the final books haven’t yet been written, the last seasons will be fully entities of their own with no direct literal ties.

That’s not really accurate. The show follows the first three books pretty closely; it also follows most of (the awful) books 4 and 5, but with quite a few elements moved around in time and/or space, some of Martin’s most self-indulgent tripe getting the compression it deserved, and a few plotlines possibly eliminated altogether. As for the post-book-5 stuff, they have a general outline of where Martin intends to go, so the show should generally tell the same story, albeit with quite a few differences in the specifics.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 13 June 2016 09:29 AM
tomimt - 13 June 2016 09:07 AM

That’s not really accurate. The show follows the first three books pretty closely; it also follows most of (the awful) books 4 and 5, but with quite a few elements moved around in time and/or space, some of Martin’s most self-indulgent tripe getting the compression it deserved, and a few plotlines possibly eliminated altogether. As for the post-book-5 stuff, they have a general outline of where Martin intends to go, so the show should generally tell the same story, albeit with quite a few differences in the specifics.

You say that now because Lady Stoneheart is about to show up. Or maybe it already did, I didn’t see last night episode. The plot points are the same but they still changed a lot of stuff. Although I agree that Book 4 and 5 were a whole load of nothing I don’t think resolving the whole Greyjoy stuff in a hilariously bad 10min sequence was the way to go. I almost prefered they just said Daenarys magically summons boats.

@Chrissie

Read the book, everything is much more fleshed out than the series.
The game is just feels like you are playing the story of a random family that feels a lot like the Starks. Probably nothing wrong with trying since it’s so cheap now

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks tomimt & Kurufinwe for the interesting info & thoughts - it’s much appreciated! Thumbs Up

wilco - 13 June 2016 11:15 AM

@Chrissie
Read the book, everything is much more fleshed out than the series.
The game is just feels like you are playing the story of a random family that feels a lot like the Starks. Probably nothing wrong with trying since it’s so cheap now

Thanks again wilco - I just need to finish with the TV series before reading the books which I’m intending to do (I’m so hooked I know I need to!) - yes, I’m tempted to try the games but not until I’m finished with the TV series & will proceed with no great expectations! Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

wilco - 13 June 2016 11:15 AM

You say that now because Lady Stoneheart is about to show up.

Oh well, maybe not Meh

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I have not read the books or seen the television show, but did play the game.

I liked the game, not Telltale’s best by far, but a solid effort.

I will get GOT season 2, I liked it that much.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for your impression MikeKelly - I will eventually be tempted! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top