• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Wednesday 1 June

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Summer time is also vacation time, so what better way to celebrate the first official day of summer today, than by going on a globetrotting adventure with Dangeresque to some of the most famous tourist attractions in the world like the Eiffel Tower in Paris, the Pyramids in Egypt, Venice, Ireland, Tokyo ...

The game is of course Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 4 - Dangeresque 3: The Criminal Projective and unfortunately, it all take place in Strong Bad’s cellar with cardbox cutouts of these famous settings - but it is the thought that counts, right?

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A Telltale game, iznogood? What is happening? Tongue

I never did finish the Strongbad episodes, it was fun, but maybe not having a knowledge of the show didn’t help.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

wilco - 01 June 2016 06:16 PM

A Telltale game, iznogood? What is happening? Tongue

As far as I’m concerned there is two entirely different TTG companies a pre-TWD-TTG and a post-TWD-TTG. Pre-TWD-TTG has made some excellent adventure games and I love them, too bad that they were eaten, digested and shit out by the post-TWD-TTG, those bastards!

As for Strong Bad, then I also bought it knowing absolutely nothing about the show, in fact I still don’t know anything about the show, not really knowing what I should expect from this game. I’m still not sure how I should describe it, except perhaps as being odd or weird, and funny, very funny, but also odd!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 02 June 2016 06:36 AM

As far as I’m concerned there is two entirely different TTG companies a pre-Back to the Future/Jurassic Park-TTG...

Fixed that for you.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Come on, Back to the Future is more similar to games like Tales of Monkey Island and Strong Bad than to Jurassic Park and TTG.

There’s a few good puzzles in Back to the future (even if they’re simpler than previous TTG games)

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I love your new theme Iznogood & are you intent on carrying on across the seasons?

I have to confess that I’ve got no idea about the show that these games are based on & the graphics (although the screenshot is pleasing) more precisely the renditioning of the characters are not overly appealing to me - but are the games any good?  Smile

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

chrissie - 08 June 2016 01:31 PM

I love your new theme Iznogood & are you intent on carrying on across the seasons?

Perhaps, it was kind of a spur of the moment idea when I realized my post was on the 1st of June. I also haven’t given up on the Midweek puzzle, but will perhaps only do those once or twice per month - Lets see how it turns out, I honestly don’t know myself Wink

chrissie - 08 June 2016 01:31 PM

I have to confess that I’ve got no idea about the show that these games are based on & the graphics (although the screenshot is pleasing) more precisely the renditioning of the characters are not overly appealing to me - but are the games any good?  Smile

The character graphics is a bit special and also initially discouraged me, but yeah, I think that the game (episodes) are excellent. It can at times get a bit juvenile, but nothing too bad, and there is a lot of great humour.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks! - I think there’s 3 or 4 episodes & just wondered!  Smile

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I agree! I was aware of Homestar Runner/Strong Bad beforehand, but only very peripherally - the games really doesn’t require you to know anything in advance and I thought they were excellent. Funny scripts, lots of clever ideas, plenty of character and some lovely layered puzzle design. The first episode is more of an intro - probably worth starting there so you know the characters - but the rest are all great.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top