• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 30 May

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

nomadsoul - 01 June 2016 12:44 PM

Thats true Roadie depiction and very clever even though its gross.
Roadies are like this in real life, by and large…....
.......Oh not that they just not only that in bottle, but their personal hygiene is way off , thats what i gathered from plenty of roadies documentaries.
To the point they are too smelly in person.
True Roadie that is.

nomadsoul, that seems such a generalisation & perhaps not so typical (maybe for a small band ?)
I have an acquaintance that worked as a roadie when he was younger (& doesn’t smell!  Laughing ) who went on to set up a radio station (which exists currently). But to be sure about the nature of roadies I asked a good friend in the know who told me that yes, some of the ‘muscle’ employed were wannabee musicians who did the job of humping in the gear to get a free gig (+ whatever else came their way) but weren’t necessarily always around afterwards to take it out again!

From what I understand roadies do the hard job of setting up & taking down a stage, test all the equipment to include instruments lighting etc & so need technical + musical expertise but some guys in the roadie team are just there to carry out the manual labour & perhaps more basic in their approach to erm… life?  ....... I’m guessing that Em was one of those?  Who knows but the developers seem to have a sequel in mind!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

chrissie - 04 June 2016 02:01 PM

Roadies are like this in real life, by and large…....
.......Oh not that they just not only that in bottle, but their personal hygiene is way off , thats what i gathered from plenty of roadies documentaries.
To the point they are too smelly in person.
True Roadie that is.

nomadsoul, that seems such a generalisation & perhaps not so typical (maybe for a small band ?)
I have an acquaintance that worked as a roadie when he was younger (& doesn’t smell!  Laughing ) who went on to set up a radio station (which exists currently). But to be sure about the nature of roadies I asked a good friend in the know who told me that yes, some of the ‘muscle’ employed were wannabee musicians who did the job of humping in the gear to get a free gig (+ whatever else came their way) but weren’t necessarily always around afterwards to take it out again!

From what I understand roadies do the hard job of setting up & taking down a stage, test all the equipment to include instruments lighting etc & so need technical + musical expertise but some guys in the roadie team are just there to carry out the manual labour & perhaps more basic in their approach to erm… life?  ....... I’m guessing that Em was one of those?  Who knows but the developers seem to have a sequel in mind!

Well its like saying Musicians dont do drugs,coke, weed and are morally clean .
The world of Music, Tours, Trucks, Events , gigs etc is rife with loose LSD people or crackheads. They even recommend female roadies so to increase chance of having fun along the way.
Long tours, back to back events,little time, more ruggrd life, more drugs ,sex and rocknroll etc. You do the math.
Moreover camera can go to places where we cant, thats why i prefer Documentaries.
But they mostly covered US i.e Cali and Biblebelt etc.
On surface many stuff seems cool and rosy.

Infact i googled , Roadie in hollywood and came up with what i said.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1450330/

Its so stigmatized for a reason.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hey! I didn’t mention morals or what musicians & their roadies choose to do! & I’m not ignorant of the drug-scene that goes along with that world.

My point really was to say that the main roadies (whatever their life style which along with the members of a band where too many have died so young) have a lot of needed technical expertise & should be valued more. (I don’t care what they do in their spare time as it’s not exclusive to musicians & roadies!)

BTW I don’t need to watch any You Tube videos.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

nomadsoul - 04 June 2016 03:17 PM

The world of Music, Tours, Trucks, Events , gigs etc is rife with loose LSD people or crackheads.

Grin

You might want to read up on the different categories of recreational drugs before throwing crackheads in with users of psychedelics.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Oscar - 04 June 2016 04:28 PM

The world of Music, Tours, Trucks, Events , gigs etc is rife with loose LSD people or crackheads.

Grin

You might want to read up on the different categories of recreational drugs before throwing crackheads in with users of psychedelics.

My pal ended his life with LSD.

@chrissie

Where i used youtube word?

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

nomadsoul - 04 June 2016 04:49 PM

My pal ended his life with LSD.

@chrissie
Where i used youtube word?

I’m sorry about your pal nomadsoul.

No, you didn’t mention You Tube but clicking on your link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1450330/ took me to a promotion for a film called ‘Roadie (2011)’ which seemed interesting as Blue Oyster Cult although I can’t remember their music I know of the band.

I sought it out on Amazon to find that the DVD was US regional but is available on Blu-Ray & might have been tempted if not for this: 

“Top Customer Reviews
Disappointing. The title is misleading as the fact that Ron Eldard’s lead character is/was a roadie is entirely incidental to the story and the film has little/nothing to do with life/antics etc of ‘roadies’. The character study itself that is at the core of the film isn’t particularly interesting and it’s a bit of a mystery as to what attracted the great cast.

There’s a great story to be told about the roadie milieu (musicians make it rock, roadies make it roll) that’s still waiting to be written, ...”

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I think its better to have this discourse on PM.
I dont want to ruin your thread.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

What discourse nomadsoul? Say what you want to say on this thread openly.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

chrissie - 05 June 2016 01:43 PM

What discourse nomadsoul? Say what you want to say on this thread openly.

Well going a bit offtopic about roadies and stuff and keep posting here is against my better judgment.
Feel free if you want to reply to PM or i rest my case.
Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Okay, this is a link to a film you’ve never watched.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

chrissie - 05 June 2016 04:35 PM

Okay, this is a link to a film you’ve never watched.

Infact i googled , Roadie in hollywood and came up with what i said.

Its so stigmatized for a reason.

Never claimed i did, wish i had just posted the poster to avoid confusion.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top