• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Do you use save slots?

Poll: Do you tend to use more than 1 save slot?
Total Votes: 33
No, just one
Yes, usually more than 1

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Depends on the game. If my instinct tells me I should be saving often I will. It’s usually if the game is a complex one, with too many locations or lurking dangers, and when I suspect that for whatever reason I might want to load the previous saves. Not rarely, I use a lot of save slots only because the game has a beautiful scenes to look at, or because I want to have different parts of the game at hand if I want to take a screenshot later.

The default save system and laziness are also a big factor. If the save system always makes a new save by default, which I need to name, I’ll do it. If it saves over the last save game, and wants me only to confirm, I’ll do it, without renaming it. But if the game is a simple one, with no too many locations at disposal, quite linear and with a lot of hand-holding, I don’t care to have more than one save slot.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I save often and like lots of slots.  Besides the reasons already mentioned, it sometimes happens that I have to stop playing a game for a while, so going back to an earlier save reminds me of where I am and what I’ve already done.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 20 May 2016 06:38 PM

You! ahh

ok, actually wilco had beaten me thru playing SQIV (at the SkateORama part) otherwise of what diego stated, so this friend-friend condolence isn’t really your business, mam .

This is a public forum, mumsy.  Tongue

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 21 May 2016 03:48 AM

You! ahh

ok, actually wilco had beaten me thru playing SQIV (at the SkateORama part) otherwise of what diego stated, so this friend-friend condolence isn’t really your business, mam .

hmm, that wasn’t bad…. for a change!
you are being cured Karlok, and it’s promising Laughing

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 21 May 2016 07:54 AM
Karlok - 21 May 2016 03:48 AM

You! ahh

hmm, that wasn’t bad…. for a change!
you are being cured Karlok, and it’s promising Laughing

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I think Advie’s just upset you haven’t used Passionate Patty as your female avatar of the week yet.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Thank you very much, Oscar. I collected over 80 playable female characters but Patti wasn’t one of them.

EDIT: 95

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 22 May 2016 08:15 AM

I collected over 80 playable female characters but Patti wasn’t one of them.

not even Kate?

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 22 May 2016 11:19 AM
Karlok - 22 May 2016 08:15 AM

I collected over 80 playable female characters but Patti wasn’t one of them.

not even Kate?

Kate who…?

Nobody called Gracie, Zoe, April, Adrienne, Rosella, Vella, Nico, Laura, Zanthia, Samantha, Mina, Ellen, Valanice, Mona or Victoria either.

Happy now? Good, good.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 22 May 2016 12:15 PM

Happy now? Good, good.

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

Well, for my game Demetrios there is an automatic save slot, and you can also do up to 5 manual saves. (and overwrite them, of course)

I thought this would be enough, but I realize some adventure gamers like to do many more save states Smile (and someone recently requested it)

So I intend to add more save slots for Demetrios after the release. (can’t take the risk of breaking something right now!)

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I have a 500GB drive full of nothing but sav/save folders from almost all of the many games I played over the years.  Bugs and glitches used to be more common than they are today and I was glad to be able to supply saves to many folks on game sites.  Also, for some games that had only a few slots there are multiple folders that can be switched in and out.  I hated to overwrite old saves.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top