• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

2013 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 2013 Adventure Game of the Year
Total Votes: 45
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
The Cave
Cognition
Gone Home
Goodbye Deponia
Larry Reloaded
Kentucky Route Zero 1 + 2
Memoria
Night of the Rabbit
Phoenix: Dual Destinies
The Raven: Legacy of a Master Thief
Your unlisted favorite

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Haven’t checked everything and I’m not going to reply to any complaints, suggestions, criticism.

More games:
Anna – Extended Edition
ASA: A Space Adventure
Conspirocracy
Carol Reed: Cold Case Summer
Detective Case and Clown Bot
Device 6
Dominique Pamplemousse
Dracula 4 + 5
Dream Chamber
Dream Machine 4
Eleusis
Face Noir
Finding Teddy
Inner World
Jack Keane 2
Journey of a Roach
Last Door 1
Lilly Looking Through
Lost Echo
Montague’s Mount 1
Murder in Tehran’s Alleys 1933
Nancy Drew 28 + 29
Nicolas Eymerich: The Inquisitor
Oknytt
Old City Leviathan
Papers Please
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
Richard & Alice
Secret Files: Sam Peters
Stanley Parable
Violett
Walking Dead: 400 Days

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

I’ve not played too many of these, and there are a few that look good. But out of what I have played, I’m gonna have to go with Lilly Looking Through.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Memoria is my top choice

other favorites…

Oknytt
Lilly Looking Through
Inner World
ASA
Nancy Drew #28: Ghost of Thornton Hall
Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

ASA: A Space Adventure was very good. Layton & the Azran Legacy (so far) is great. Stanley Parable was hilariously great.

Game of the year for me, though, is Gone Home. Great storytelling through simple exploration - a captivating and touching experience, and a very welcome “blast from the past” with the mid-90s nostalgia.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Blech. After so many strong years, this one is disappointing. I guess I’ll vote for the final and best Layton game, for lack of better options.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Brothers A Tale of Two Sons, short but amazing.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

A fourth year in a row that has been poor for good adventures and probably the worse. Another I am off the list and they are all Indies…

The Stanley Parable

A Close Second:
ASA: A Space Adventure
Carol Reed: Cold Case Summer

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wow… only after these threads I realize how 2013 and 2014 are worse than previous years. Frown (truth to be told, haven’t played many games on the list). 2007 now seems like 1997!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Lilly Looking Through is the only game out of the lot that I’ve played.  It was a sweet game, so I’ll have to go with it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Cognition, Gone Home and Memoria all are about 4½ star games for me. But there’s still so many I haven’t played at all, that I’ll abstain.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I originally picked Beyond: Two Souls as my 2013 GOTY but I had forgotten Papers Please came out.

So, Papers Please. An amazing achievement that packs a lot of depth into a simple idea.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Not sure I can call it the best, but I probably enjoyed The Cave most of them. It should have offered more multiple solutions to the puzzles with all the different characters, and the parts between the character specific parts were a bit meh, but it was till fun to play, and some characters hade great parts. The knight and the time traveller were really good.

Gone Home is really good also.

Stanley Parable is good, but I don’t feel “it” as much as those celebrating as a triumph does.

Kentucky Route Zero 1&2 are episodes I feel I should like, but I really didn’t have fun playing it.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I didn’t complete that many games from this year & of the ones I did I think ND 29 The Silent Spy was the most interesting (to me).

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Corpse Party: Book of Shadows.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I was too busy getting married in 2013, not so much time for games so I have quite a few to catch up on at some point! Of the ones I played it’s between The Raven (of which I’ve only played the first part and I gather it rather changes flavour after that), The Cave (again, only played through once so haven’t seen a lot of the game), ASA (which I reviewed for Mystery Manor and enjoyed a lot) and Cognition (which I’d backed on Kickstarter), which had its flaws but the bits that were good were excellent and the ending didn’t disappoint.

I was leaning towards Cognition, but rereading that review I’ve convinced myself - ASA it is.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

The Raven, lots of fun and a very strong first episode even if the others didn’t quite reach the same level. One of those games that may have had a problem or two but that I just purely enjoyed.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top