• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

1997 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 1997 Adventure Game of the Year is?
Total Votes: 74
Blade Runner
Broken Sword 2: Smoking Mirror
Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon
Feeble Files
Last Express
MI 3: The Curse of Monkey Island
Obsidian
Riven
Shivers 2
U.F.O.s
Zork Grand Inquisitor
Your unlisted favorite

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

The troll voted BS2 up?

I also remember Blade Runner having more votes yesteryda. Did that one get ‘corrected’ as well or am I just misremembering?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Origami - 11 January 2016 07:49 AM

The troll voted BS2 up?

Yes, he did. I’ve corrected it a second time now.

I also remember Blade Runner having more votes? Did that one get ‘corrected’ as well or am I just misremembering?

That one is untouched. You must be misremembering.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

TimovieMan -
Mikekelly - 10 January 2016 07:30 PM

I voted for Bladerunner, liked it more than the movie and I’ve played it several times.

Gasp

Way to get my expectations up! Gasp

I agree with Mikekelly, if there hadn’t been the Last Express (which is one of my favorite games of all time), I’d have voted for Blade Runner. It’s better than the movie (and I’ve also watched the movie a lot).

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Goodness, 1997 was a good year. Several games there that would have been top choices for most other years, and quite a few that experimented with stretching the formula - Blade Runner with its action sequences and randomized plot, Riven taking Myst to another level with its ‘master’ puzzle, Last Express with its realtime simulation and COMI with multiple difficulty levels.
I think COMI wins for the combination of clever puzzles, sharp presentation and genuinely funny writing (being tarred and feathered by monkeys would take some topping) but it’s a tough call!

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Great year for Adventure.

Riven

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Is the troll back? BS2 got upvoted significantly.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Origami - 11 January 2016 07:04 PM

Poll troll!

What you saaaaaaaaaay?

Poll troll!

A hey hey hey!

Poll troll!

/Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Origami - 11 January 2016 07:04 PM

4 votes since last night, and 5 for CMI? Nothing out of the ordinary, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

Really disappointed to see The Last Express so low in the poll. I think it is one of the best games ever made, way ahead of its time and still hasn’t aged at all. Broken Sword 2 is a nice game, but to me it’s probably the weakest of the BS games (except maybe BS4), so I’m quite surprised to see it so high.

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jerry - 13 January 2016 03:26 PM

Really disappointed to see The Last Express so low in the poll. I think it is one of the best games ever made, way ahead of its time and still hasn’t aged at all. Broken Sword 2 is a nice game, but to me it’s probably the weakest of the BS games (except maybe BS4), so I’m quite surprised to see it so high.

Broken Sword is a series of games, unlike The Last Express, and it’s bound to have more fans as a brand. Perhaps some people voted for BS2 only because they haven’t played The Last Express, or some other game that would challenge BS2. Plus, BS2 is a solid game.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top