• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarb

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

1995 Adventure Game of the Year

Poll: 1995 Adventure Game of the Year is?
Total Votes: 55
Dark Seed II
The Dig
Discworld
Flight of the Amazon Queen
Full Throttle
Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Phantasmagoria
Ripley’s Believe It or Not!: The Riddle of Master Lu
Simon The Sorcerer II: The Lion, The Wizard, and the Wardrobe
Space Quest 6: Roger Wilco in the Spinal Frontier
Touché: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2015-12-13

PM

After somewhat weaker and “transitional” 1994, here’s another very rich and strong year.
It was the most difficult task of choosing 12 games that went directly to the poll so far, so if ever was a time to vote for games that aren’t in the poll, it’s now.

Only some of the suggestions:

Beavis and Butt-Head in Virtual Stupidity

Bermuda Syndrome

Big Red Adventure

Bureau 13

Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice

Chronomaster

D

The Daedalus Encounter

The Dark Eye

Innocent Until Caught 2: Guilty

Igor: Objective Uikokahonia

Jack the Ripper

Journeyman Project 2: Buried In Time

Little Big Adventure / Relentless: Twinsen’s Adventure

Shannara

Shivers

12 poll options are the limit, but don’t let that discourage you to name some other foavourite if you have it.
Comments and opinions are highly encouraged.
Thanks!

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Gabriel Knight 2 with both Phantasmagoria and Shivers a close second.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Indeed once again a very strong year. I vote for Discworld with The Dig at a very close second place, and Phantasmagoria following closely after.

I also really really like IHNMAMS, but since I only played that a few years later, it is a bit tricky for me to evaluate how it stacks up against the other games I played that year. And I was never a big fan of GK2.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Voting for one game when some 100 adventures were released, and lots of excellent ones at that, is madness. That goes for 96, 97, and 98 as well.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4275

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

That goes for 1990, 1991, 1992, (and especially) 1993… too, as far as I am concerned.
I really don’t get this 2050 B.C. - 2016 A.D. threads.

However, I appreciate the (somewhat frantic?) thread starter (at least) didn’t use CAPS LOCK for the TITLES.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zobraks - 03 January 2016 04:10 AM

That goes for 1990, 1991, 1992, (and especially) 1993… too, as far as I am concerned.

1990 - 22 games
1998 - 111 games

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Buldozer. you could put the “Other” option in the polls.

Surprised at the lack of IHNMAIMS votes, mine is still the only one.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2015-12-13

PM

That’s a good idea Wilco, I’ll do that in the future (if there’s gonna be one)

@zobraks
I also don’t know why your almost every post is cynical/bitter dig at something, but I don’t mind. I just don’t remember you like that back from the SK forums and your beginnings in the adventure gaming, when several of us back there were trying to introduce you to the genre and help you with your first steps in it.
I see that in the meantime you became quite an expert and I’m very happy that classical adventure games are still getting new audience that prolong their digital “lives”.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

What a year! Gasp

Full Throttle gets my vote since it’s the only 5-star game this year, but there are several 4.5-star games and 4-star ones. Full Throttle is in my all-time top-6, The Dig in my all-time top-10, and Discworld, Flight of the Amazon Queen and Simon 2 in my all-time top-25!
And then there’s still Phantasmagoria that I enjoyed very much.

And even some of the games that I haven’t yet played could very well be contenders for me (Beavis & Butt-Head, Gabriel Knight 2, Touché, Riddle of Master Lu, etc.).

Definitely smack in the middle of the Golden Age of AG. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4275

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Buldozer - 03 January 2016 06:15 AM

SK forums and your beginnings in the adventure gaming, when several of us back there were trying to introduce you to the genre and help you with your first steps in it.

I know that all I had learned about adventure games (which probably isn’t much) I had learned by myself, but if it pleases you* (for whatever reason you may have) to think you were my teacher - feel free to lie (to yourself). Life is too short to not try to please oneself.
* or anyone else for that matter

P.S. Don’t bother to reply, you’re on my ignore list.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 5054

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m going for Phantasmagoria and Shivers. The former because it was Sierra’s first release on multiple CDs and represented the kind of over-the-top excess that only someone with the last name Williams could pull off. The latter, also a Sierra release, because it was one of the few Myst “clones” that could actually pull it of.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I go with Call of Cthulhu: Prisoner of Ice. Probably the only vote it will receive. Really enjoyed it at the time.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Full Throttle!!!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ahenobarbus - 03 January 2016 02:30 PM

Full Throttle!!!

Needs more “oomph”!

Like this:

Full Throttle!!!

Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Wow! I’ve actually played 3 in the list: Discworld, GK2: The Beast Within & INMaIMS - all great games I loved playing but I have to give my vote to GK2 - the wonderful soundtrack accompanying a great story just does it for me! I’ve got Dark Seed 2 & Touche waiting in the wings which I’m looking forward to but however good they are I don’t think GK2 will be knocked off the top spot for me!  Laughing

Total Posts: 5611

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve only played Discworld and The Dig, both of which I loved for different reasons.  I voted last night when I was half asleep and forget which one I chose.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top