• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AdventureX 2015

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

It was my first time at AdventureX this year and I had a great weekend in London. It was really nice to see some of the developers behind the games I love! I was not only hailed in as one of the Following Freeware writers but also as a fellow developer, which was nice because Luna and I have just started and don’t have anything to show of our adventure yet. All the people were very friendly and most of them stayed for a long time in the pub after the official part of the day was over. We talked about lots of things; not only about adventure games!
During the official part we had talks by Dave Gilbert, Francesco Gonzales, Steve Ince and others. Stepurhan will tell you all about that in an article about the weekend later. I had a very inspiring time and I hope to be there again next year!

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Nice! Maybe someday ill attend it aswell.
I saw the archived twitch broadcast for day 2 (steve ince, shardlight, julia, etc), but couldn’t find day one…

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

It sounds great! I’m looking forward to reading the article.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Ah man, I didn’t know you were there tsa! I was only there for part of the Saturday due to other commitments, but I would have loved to say hello!

We need name badges next year I think!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

I look forward to hearing about it! I really should get to AdventureX one of these years, it’s just always such a busy time of year!

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Intense Degree - 17 December 2015 04:58 AM

Ah man, I didn’t know you were there tsa! I was only there for part of the Saturday due to other commitments, but I would have loved to say hello!

We need name badges next year I think!

Yes indeed! The stupid thing is: I thought about them but did’t have time to make one bacause I was ill just before AdventureX. I even was in the hospital for three days. But all was well just in time so I still could come.
Maybe we did see each other but we don’t know it yet. I was the blonde guy with the green shirt with red stripes. I was with Luna who has long brown hair and a light blue jacket.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Hey maybe we did. I looked like the guy in the photo on the first page of the J.U.L.I.A. playthrough who managed to get Jan K to pose with him for a selfie! (I’m much better looking in real life obviously! Wink )

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve read the 1st part of the article: The Games & thought most of them seemed quite interesting although I felt a little disappointed that there was a such focus on retro graphics/pixel art. But hey! don’t get me wrong as I’ve enjoyed many games utilising that kind of presentation where the story & characters have won me over!
The only game that didn’t really appeal was ‘Reigns’ but will read more about it when released - also the concept of ‘Meeting’ I found interesting but my thought was that playability is restricted to households where there are more than 1 person resident & are there enough of them where the couples/family members/friends etc actually share an interest in AGs to make the game a viable release? but I look forward to reading more about that game!

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

I wish I could have been there to show my game Demetrios! But for various reasons I couldn’t make it. Maybe next year?

felt a little disappointed that there was a such focus on retro graphics/pixel art

Well, mine isn’t :p It’s 2D hand drawn in full HD. This choice has a consequence though, because you can clearly see the style of the artist when you don’t do pixel art.  (some people like that, some people don’t)

I’ve seen quite a few other games in development that aren’t pixel art either : Memoranda, Lancelot’s Hangover…

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just read the 2nd part of AG’s article, it was all very interesting & well worth a look, but the highlight for me was the video presented by SkyGoblin (developers of The Journey Down) on the ups & downs of being an Indie developer!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I agree—the SkyGoblin video is worth watching.

Total Posts: 334

Joined 2003-10-16

PM

jaap - 16 December 2015 12:02 PM

I saw the archived twitch broadcast for day 2 (steve ince, shardlight, julia, etc), but couldn’t find day one…

Alas, a technical glitch prevented day 1 being archived.

Adventure Treff took some videos, so it’s worth checking them out. They posted the video of Dave Gilbert’s talk (first on day 1) on their Facebook page today.

No Nonsense Nonsonnets 44

Quest for Knowledge

I’m hoping to find name for game that I played long ago
The people here so well-informed, someone is sure to know
A time machine, grandfather clock, I give it to myself
Oh never mind, the box is sitting there upon my shelf

For real retro gaming nerds, name that game.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

stepurhan - 05 January 2016 08:45 AM

Alas, a technical glitch prevented day 1 being archived.

Adventure Treff took some videos, so it’s worth checking them out. They posted the video of Dave Gilbert’s talk (first on day 1) on their Facebook page today.

I saw that, thanks!

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top