• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Raven - New KingArt Adventure

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2006-10-23

PM

Today’s press release for Raven, the new game by The Book of Unwritten Tales developer KingArt:

Nordic Games continues its successful cooperation with KING Art

The Raven – Every thief has a past. Not everyone has a future.

London, ENGLAND - 10th August 2012: Nordic Games announced today, that after successfully launching the Book of Unwritten Tales with major e-tailors they have now signed a deal with KING Art to publish The Raven.

Set across 1960’s Europe, The Raven is a stunning fast-paced point and click adventure journeying through thrilling and dense atmospheres with the aim of catching the art burglar, The Raven. Players follow The Raven’s trademark black feather clues to capture the thief and to protect a legendary sapphire, the “Eye of the Sphinx” on its journey from Switzerland to Egypt.

This criminal tale for PC, Mac, and consoles – full of twists and turns – immerses the player in both sides of the story, the investigators’, as well as the thief’s, thereby combining elements of ‘Whodunit’ with a Heist-story.

“We have built up a great working relationship with KING Art whilst working on the Book of Unwritten Tales and it’s great that we can continue to work with them on such an exciting project,” said Klemens Kreuzer, General Manager Nordic Games. “The Raven is one of the most thrilling titles we’ve had the pleasure of working on and we know that it will appeal to a wide audience.”

“The Raven is a key title for us and Nordic Games has shown a great passion to deliver the best of the best whilst working on our previous titles. They know exactly what we need to make our games a great success,” says Jan Theysen, Creative Director at KING Art. “We have a strong creative team behind us and this new agreement that we have reached with Nordic Games means that we can continue to deliver innovative games.”

At this year’s Gamescom, a first-look demo will be showcased, along with other game assets in the business area at the Nordic Games booth.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

and a poster:

Bonus question: How many times did we have a chance to play an adventure set in the 60s?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

Neptin - 10 August 2012 01:20 PM

The Raven is a stunning fast-paced point and click adventure

I have never encountered a fast-moving point and click adventure.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2012-08-10

PM

I have a feeling about this game, really interesting setting.

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2009-04-26

PM

I’m friends with the world’s most successful art smuggler, he will love this lol.

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2009-03-28

PM

Gamescom Teaser Trailer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

heart breaking , the trailer just made my day!
I can NOT wait for its release .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=A6khdBIqDPI

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Looks like it could be fun.

Shame it’s episodic as the description amde it sound more like one complete story so not sure how they are going to split it up (esp into 3 parts as it discusses a change half way through so 2 parts seemes more likely)

Still looking forward to it though.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Game companies should do more perioid fitted games other than WW2. I’ve always found it interesting, that there’s so few games released that are not based in sci-fi/fantasy environments.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Loved the preview AG did of it recently.

Sounds and looks like right up my alley.

BoUT was loads of fun, and I didn’t actually mind the follow-up either.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Don’t forget to check out the “interactive novel prequel”: http://raven-game.com/ign-en/
Definitively worth 10 minutes of your time.

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good review on Rock, Paper, Shotgun

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

More encouraging reading from Mr. Grumpy Adventure Gamer, er, I mean, John Walker.

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

Looking forward to The Raven..I have pre-ordered mine on Gamers Gate Smile

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2008-01-06

PM

So I rarely get so excited about a game, but I can´t help but thinking this is turning out to be a must-buy. Here are a few reasons why:

* Classic crime detective story, very a la Agatha Christie
* Unity engine = gorgeous graphics
* Puzzles well integrated in the story
* Great voice overs and characters
* Original story dynamic, where you play as the detective first and as the thief afterwards

And last but not least, an array of great first reviews. reviewers are quick to point out flaws, so when they are all excited about this game, it means it must be really solid!

Review links:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/24810
http://www.entertainment-focus.com/game-review/the-raven-legacy-of-a-master-thief-chapter-1-review/
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/19/wot-i-think-the-raven-legacy-of-a-master-thief/

The game is out tomorrow and can be pre-ordered here with a 20% discount: http://raven-game.com/en/preorder/

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It sounds like they’ve done many things right with this game. I am very tempted to get it, but I guess I do it only after the rest of the episodes are released. And good thing they’ve managed for once to get the voice acting right. Most of these german adventure games got horrible english voice work.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top