• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonksevenFaceVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Samorost 3

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ve played a couple of hours (finished the second “world”), and I’m really happy with it. It has a lot of charm (even though I wish there were a way to skip some animations after the 5th time), and the puzzle design is clever—in an intuition-over-reasoning kind of way.

Note that it’s very much a Samorost game. If you’re looking for a consistent world and an actual plot, you’re probably better off replaying Machinarium. But if you want a weird, crazy, acid trip, then it’s the game for you.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Karlok - 25 March 2016 09:09 AM
lrateke - 24 March 2016 06:10 PM

Opinions so far?

It’s exactly what everyone has come to expect from Amanita, although the first two Samarosties were much easier than this one. IMO, IMO.  Tongue

I’m taking my time and I was already seriously stuck, so my guess is that I will have fun for 8-10 hours.

Did the place you were stuck happen to be the place with the monkey mud baths and singing lizards? I’ve set the dials next to the pool correctly and according to the “hint book” that should make a fish come up (and I assume give me the glue to put the pot together) but it doesn’t happen.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Oscar - 29 March 2016 08:08 AM
Karlok - 25 March 2016 09:09 AM
lrateke - 24 March 2016 06:10 PM

Opinions so far?

It’s exactly what everyone has come to expect from Amanita, although the first two Samarosties were much easier than this one. IMO, IMO.  :P

I’m taking my time and I was already seriously stuck, so my guess is that I will have fun for 8-10 hours.

Did the place you were stuck happen to be the place with the monkey mud baths and singing lizards? I’ve set the dials next to the pool correctly and according to the “hint book” that should make a fish come up (and I assume give me the glue to put the pot together) but it doesn’t happen.

I got stuck there as well. The plant with the dials is movable.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Finished Samorost 3 last night and to my own surprise I didn’t like it as much as I thought I would. Beautiful game, great music and atmosphere. It’s still a very nice experience, especially the first two worlds. But somehow the whole thing gets repetitive, it felt like many puzzles were variations of stuff from Amanita’s previous games. Like the music puzzles and the protagonist dancing two or three times to the music. So cute twice in Machinarium, here it was okay, nothing special. Has Amanita run out of original ideas? Or it could simply be me… maybe I have played enough cute eyecandy games.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

I don’t think I’ll have the time to touch this soon, but both the recent trailer and a video they had a while ago showcasing a forest coming to life blew me away. These guys are incredible at graphics and animation - such a unique combination of hand painted scenery and manipulated photography. Hope they do really, really well.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Finished. I put it about on par with Armikrog. Gorgeous production and an enjoyable couple of hours, but not something I’ll be thinking about for weeks after I’m done with it. I think Amanita’s style is so intoxicating that people will be drawn in no matter what it’s about, but sooner or later the ‘thing-gets-stolen-and-hero-must-get-it-back’ plot will start to wear thin. I also have to give it credit for being a dialogue-less but not mind-less game suitable for children while being enjoyable for adults. That’s rare.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Just finished,
Hypnotic visuals ,trippy music, clever unorthodox puzzles
I thought i have had enough of Samorost formula, but the presentation and music just sucks you in.

8.5/10

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top