• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 5 November

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

You mean you’re one of those 5 people who don’t spoof their IP on Netflix to get to whatever they want? Tongue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ahah, seems so, never felt the need to, don’t watch that much stuff

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the screenshot wilco, I know I started a Dr Who game (can’t remember which one) but didn’t have the mind-set to persist with it at the time!
Having grown up with the TV series which I loved my thought is that it should have been knocked on the head way back rather than what I perceive as a case of complete overkill now for quite a number of years. Laughing (I think remakes/updating of the original stories would have been better than flogging the idea to death!)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Started watching the season 7, seemed cool but was so lost that I went back to season 1 Neutral

The first episode was really rough but second one (The End of The World) was very entertaining. From the first one I wouldn’t say this was 2005 show from the costumes and effects… Christopher Eccleston seems really terrible has the Doctor (or it supposed to be bad like this?) but Billie Piper was so charming it saved both episodes.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 08 November 2015 11:05 AM

Started watching the season 7, seemed cool but was so lost that I went back to season 1 Neutral

The first episode was really rough but second one (The End of The World) was very entertaining. From the first one I wouldn’t say this was 2005 show from the costumes and effects… Christopher Eccleston seems really terrible has the Doctor (or it supposed to be bad like this?) but Billie Piper was so charming it saved both episodes.

“Moisturise me!” is still one of my favourite lines in the show.

Honestly, I think you were right to go back to the start of the new series. Eccleston will grow on you. He’s a terrific actor. Just wait until you reach Dalek or The Doctor Dances.

Also, season 1, while worth watching, is very uneven. Those episodes with the farting aliens are just embarrassing.

(In other news, anyone having doubts about Capaldi as the Doctor needs to watch last night’s episode. He was phenomenal.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 08 November 2015 11:23 AM
wilco - 08 November 2015 11:05 AM

“Moisturise me!” is still one of my favourite lines in the show.

Honestly, I think you were right to go back to the start of the new series. Eccleston will grow on you. He’s a terrific actor. Just wait until you reach Dalek or The Doctor Dances.

The last human had some good laughs. “As a gift I bring you the air from my lungs”  was a also a good one. Eccleston seemed to have done better in the more serious parts towards the end of the episode.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Yeah, The End of the World is also one of my favourites from the Eccleston season, the other one being the double episode of The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances.

wilco - 09 November 2015 03:40 AM

Eccleston seemed to have done better in the more serious parts towards the end of the episode.

That is also how I fell about Capaldi, better in the serious parts but not so good in the more humorous parts. The problem is that there haven’t really been that many serious parts in his term, at least not in what I have watched so far.

And on a completely unrelated note, I have actually played most of the Dr. Who games, including the one in the screenshot - And they aren’t very good, smells a bit of shovelware to cash in on the series. Shifty Eyed

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5611

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Dr. Who has been a viewing staple for me since the first series, which I started watching in reruns on PBS here in the US and have since collected in video.  Since the new series was only available on BBC America, I began collecting those DVDs as well.  I’ve only watched the 1st four seasons, up through David Tennant, so I have a lot of catching up to do.  There have been many memorable episodes and some quite silly ones through the years, but I’m definitely a fan.  I may even give the games a try, just because. Smile

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I started watching the new series a few years ago and fell in love with it. I haven’t watched the new seasons with Capaldi now because I’m terribly behind in most TV series, but I definitely think every single season of the new series is worth watching.

The very first episode is indeed clumsy and silly but the first season introduces plenty of important characters and has a great arc towards the end of the season. Tennant has some superb moments and viewers will definitely miss some things that tie back to earlier seasons. I just love how they have made the show tie some loose ends and making them epic, while it’s still a comedy.

My favourite companion is probably Donna, just because she’s so different from the usual pretty sidekick. Her story is also very touching, even though Tate definitely brings on the comedic side of things.

I’ve been meaning to play some of these games and read some books and comics but never found the time. Maybe some day. I think I do have a few of the games on Steam at least.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top