• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sherlock Holmes - The Devils Daughter

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

The girl is not his biological daughter but rather adopted after having been involved in a case. Calling it now.

Edit: Owh…nevermind. Just watched the trailer which basically confirms it.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Does anyone know if this is third person or first person? Also, it seems like that are action elements - which I am not good at. Is there a skip action for those?  Is this mouse driven or arrow keys? Those are the things that are important to me right now.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

mbday630 - 03 June 2016 08:26 PM

Does anyone know if this is third person or first person? Also, it seems like that are action elements - which I am not good at. Is there a skip action for those?  Is this mouse driven or arrow keys? Those are the things that are important to me right now.

Game is third-person. Check the previous gameplay video

Controls will probably be mouse/keyboard for camera/movement.
Action bits, maybe some QTEs, not sure if skippable

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

http://store.steampowered.com/app/350640/

I had almost forgotten about this, so I guess I might as well remind others that the game is releasing in a couple of days and is 30%-off on Steam until then. (I have no doubt that it’ll be even cheaper in a couple of months, but if you intend to play it close to release, you might as well grab it at the pre-order price.)

Also, FWIW*, Gamespot calls it a “fantastic detective game” that suffers from technical problems and bad action sequences.

* Can we please not turn this into the monthly lamestream-media-are-lame circlejerk?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve read a couple a reviews, seems to be in line with if you liked Crimes and Punishments you’ll probably like this one

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

wilco - 04 June 2016 09:09 AM

From what I can understand (but may be completely wrong on!) is that the same set-up for switching between 3rd person & 1st person is available as in the previous games?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 08 June 2016 01:54 PM
wilco - 04 June 2016 09:09 AM

From what I can understand (but may be completely wrong on!) is that the same set-up for switching between 3rd person & 1st person is available as in the previous games?

Played the first case, you can indeed change between 1st and 3rd person views. The QTEs are not hard but a bit annoying that they are obviously designed to be played with 2 analog sticks from a controller. Not sure if they are skippable, the game does have 2 difficulty options.
I’ve enjoyed it so far but it does have some issued like the awful stealth sequence (at least it’s easy) and the action scene. Liking the deduction part with some moral choices and the overall mostly detailed environment.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Damn. I missed -30% offer on steam for this one..

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This is harder than I thought it would be… Just spent an hour deciphering a Mayan calendar. Kind of addicting

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I finished it. Entertaining game. It does have some problems.
The game kind of throws all kinds of things at the player, some of it is good, some is bad but since the gameplay keeps changing it never gets boring. And some scenes are just weird and come out of nowhere.

Favorite parts were the deductions: character and cases. Some puzzle puzzles were also fun and can get pretty hard. The cases were good, always finishes with the deduction of the killer (I think I got wrong at least one time) and a morality choice of what to do. Nice touch that you can replay that part if you are not happy with the choice.

The QTEs were mostly annoying but it had some fun parts like a bar fight.  Stealth sequences were horrible. Also some environmental puzzles sometimes that are a bit boring. It is important that most is not all of these sequences are skippable.

Story was ok, nothing very surprising, the dialogues however were pretty bad, I dreaded every time Kate talked… The game has very good perfomance, city looks very good and lively, not much side stuff to do but it’s a good touch to just be able to walk around the streets.

I think the individual aspects of the are nothing special but the sum of it and since there is so many different stuff to do actually made for a fun game that got me hooked until the end.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Hm.. that sounds like they went back to the Testament formula, which is disappointing. I was hoping they would continue along the lines of Crimes & Punishments.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Oscar - 12 June 2016 10:07 AM

Hm.. that sounds like they went back to the Testament formula, which is disappointing. I was hoping they would continue along the lines of Crimes & Punishments.

I’m not very familiar with the other games but I think the investigation parts are similar to C&P. Analysis of the person, investigating the crime scene, deduction board look the same.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Yes, but I want that to be 100% of the game. Not a combination of QTE, dog sniffing, darts, minigames…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I don’t know, dog sniffing seems like an important part of the Sherlock Holmes experience…  also forging and CPR mini-games Meh 
there’s no darts in this one, only bowls (I actually liked it Confused )
All of this is skippable for anyone wondering

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 June 2016 09:57 AM

I finished it. Entertaining game. It does have some problems.
The game kind of throws all kinds of things at the player, some of it is good, some is bad but since the gameplay keeps changing it never gets boring. And some scenes are just weird and come out of nowhere.

Favorite parts were the deductions: character and cases. Some puzzle puzzles were also fun and can get pretty hard. The cases were good, always finishes with the deduction of the killer (I think I got wrong at least one time) and a morality choice of what to do. Nice touch that you can replay that part if you are not happy with the choice.

The QTEs were mostly annoying but it had some fun parts like a bar fight.  Stealth sequences were horrible. Also some environmental puzzles sometimes that are a bit boring. It is important that most is not all of these sequences are skippable.

Story was ok, nothing very surprising, the dialogues however were pretty bad, I dreaded every time Kate talked… The game has very good perfomance, city looks very good and lively, not much side stuff to do but it’s a good touch to just be able to walk around the streets.

I think the individual aspects of the are nothing special but the sum of it and since there is so many different stuff to do actually made for a fun game that got me hooked until the end.

Finishing SH,
Watching E3,
Watching Eurocup.

All at once.
Look behind you three headed man.

Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top