• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Night of the Rabbit

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Stuart - 28 May 2013 11:19 PM

(just couldn’t get into the part where you have three concurrent plot lines, too confusing and overwhelming for me)

I loved that part, it reminded me of the three trials from Monkey Island.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 24

Joined 2012-02-03

PM

” Night of the Rabbit ” has to be one of the most beautiful adventure games ever and LOTS of fun Smile

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I was hoping that it would be available in box rather than download only. But I still plan on picking it up in the near future. In the US all sources are priced at $19.99. I understand it’s less expensive from some sources in Europe.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

the game has been reviewed somewhere, no need to link it , but what i got from the review with the 70% rating .. that is holds nice Puzzles but a couple a so illogical ones, it has a very slow pace, appealing to children more than adults ,Dodgy character animation,  Minor interface Bugs that happen in a form og halting the game for a couple of secs .
but with that it had praised the animation and the music and mentioned also great dialogue .. so what i get that the game as several of previous Daedalic’s needed more polishing .. i also wondered about praising the animations which suggests it is a very good step forward for Daedalic ..

hope we/i to enjoy it and even if Daedalic games as much as they do not have the greatest outlook sometimes.. they always guaranteed at least to minimum point of satisfaction, i mean there are hardly any game from Daedalic that can be described as a bad experience, with some or many cons ; the pros were always capable to make me forget about all of them which most of the times those cons seem to be due some budget/technical issues.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I’ve just been playing it for a couple of minutes now, and so far I’m quite optimistic. It looks absolutely gorgeous, the music and sounds are great and fits perfectly with the setting. I don’t know how I feel about the voice-overs yet, but they seem decent enough for a translated game. I’m quite confident this is gonna be a very pleasurable experience Smile

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Finally a non-indie ag,I’d like to try this Daedelic title but looks extremely childish again.Hope they’ll remember agamers older than 18 one day.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I’m almost 60 and I love these games.  Give me more of them! I can’t wait to play it.

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The Night of The Rabbit was the most anticipating game for this year in my list and so far it doesn’t disappoint. I’m still at the beginning, but the graphics looks gorgeous (challenges the ones in The Whispered World), the music very fitting, the animation is leaps ahead from Daedelic’s previous games and the voice acting is by far the best job they ever done up today. I don’t know how the story will go, but I surely love that kind of adventures too.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I pretty much just starting playing it, so i can’t really say that much yet, but so far it has disappointed me a just a little bit. It hasn’t really “captured” me the same way most other Daedelic titles did, that might of course changes as i get further into the game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 86

Joined 2013-03-10

PM

I am really quite disappointed in this game.
I usually get gripped straight away when playing adventure games but somehow this one makes me feel “meh”

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 01 June 2013 05:49 PM

The Night of The Rabbit was the most anticipating game for this year in my list and so far it doesn’t dissapoint.

This game was on my must buy list as well. (See earlier post.) But I’m having second thoughts based on thread comments of people who are actually playing the game. While nobody disputes the gorgeous graphics, everything else, seemes to be a bit hit or miss.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

rtrooney - 01 June 2013 07:13 PM
Sefir - 01 June 2013 05:49 PM

The Night of The Rabbit was the most anticipating game for this year in my list and so far it doesn’t dissapoint.

This game was on my must buy list as well. (See earlier post.) But I’m having second thoughts based on thread comments of people who are actually playing the game. While nobody disputes the gorgeous graphics, everything else, seemes to be a bit hit or miss.

the only thing really bothers me ‘til now the slowness of everything the cutscene ,dialogues i have to skip by clicking each one as there is and undefinable pause between one and the next, the loading from one screen to the other..etc
it kinds reminds me of the whispered world bugging.. but Daedelic had already updated these issue with their following games after the TWW such Deponia(s) ,Chains and Harvey(s) ... i hope there will be a kind a patch or new version with all those bugs (minor of course) fixed.

but anyway i love Daedelic .. they have this obvious upgrade/update from year to year and game to game the only thing that stays the same since their start is the Character odd movements (walking) .

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Gabe - 30 May 2013 01:42 PM

Finally a non-indie ag,I’d like to try this Daedelic title but looks extremely childish again.Hope they’ll remember agamers older than 18 one day.

Don’t be ridiculous. Just because it is uplifting and has a positive and happy outlook people think it’s for kids. These days anything that’s for adults needs to have murder and blood and rape.

Anyway, loving it so far. I’ve had enough of sinister and disturbing themes.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

If the only adult themes came up your mind are sinister and disturbing that’s your priorty.
Anyway i had enough playing child tales as ag too.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Well, I’m in my thirties, yet I’m loving the game, and it’s getting better and better as I progress. Matthias Kempke truly has created a magical fantasy world for us to explore. If you like the idea of travelling to an entirely different world, this game should not be missed.

It plays like the good old adventures where you have lots of screens to visit and many inventory items that aren’t necessarily “cleaned up” after use. There are also optional things to do in the game, like collecting dewdrops and stickers around mousewood (these features are similar to the “where’s Dildo” game in Leisure Suit Larry 7), or collecting cards than can be used to play a game the locals call “quartets”. Some of these cards are acquired through solving optional puzzles. The music, sounds and atmosphere is great. The puzzles are all logical, but with this number of screens and inventory items they do present a challenge, and the difficulty level suggests that this isn’t a game that is primarily aimed at kids. In my opinion, this is the best adventure game released so far in 2013.

I have one complaint about the English speech files though, which have been poorly implemented. The volume is uneven and the files have also sometimes been cut badly, a spoken sentence may be cut off a little too soon, and what’s missing will show up in the beginning of another sentence. The language barrier prevents me from explaining this better, but I assume others who’s played the game may have noticed what I’m talking about. That being said, this is a minor issue which will probably be patched, it does not ruin the gameplay and it may be that I’m only picking up on it because I regularly work with audiofiles in a studio, and that it may not be something that will bother others.

Anyway, for those on the fence, I warmly recommend giving this game a chance, it’s certainly worth it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top