• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tim Schafer (Sep 28, 2015) Interview LinK

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Is that the IGN one?

Bummed at no Full throttle Remaster.
Frown

And he pretty much accepts his intentionally chaos driven development style.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Yes it is (the Unfiltered IGN Project)

but Tim seems to be conservative* at best, i mean; i can read the Full throttle Remaster (announcement) in-between.

Sure he does, chaos is the only aspect that drives creative people around, at least nowadays. (IMO)

i loved what he said “Bossing people around is ‘unnatural!’”, i think its the strongest quote of his, through this interview.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

It makes me so happy people like Tim are still around and kicking butt in the industry. I can’t say there are many game developers that are role models for me, but mr Schafer definitely is, and a personal hero to boot. Go Tim & Double Fine!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

mmm… He does dance around a Full Throttle Remaster (Sony Paris Games Week announcement?)

Day of the Tentacle Special Edition is sounding good

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Yeah it did sound like he wanted to announce a Full Throttle Remaster, but he couldn’t. I really hope it will happen, although to be quite honest, Full Throttle (and Day of the Tentacle) have aged extremely well.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Really nice interview, thanks for sharing Advie! Remastered Full Throttle would be more than awesome but I hope they`ll get a chance to make another original point&click; too like Broken Age. I think Broken Age was brilliant (couple of insane puzzles in act 2 but that`s ok) and I had a great time playing it with my girlfriend Smile So definitely hope to see more adventures from Schafer and Double Fine.

Also, interesting to see how that Fig crowdfunding works out!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Broken Age is free this month on PS4 for Playstation Plus members.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Mr Underhill - 30 September 2015 05:26 AM

It makes me so happy people like Tim are still around and kicking butt in the industry. I can’t say there are many game developers that are role models for me, but mr Schafer definitely is, and a personal hero to boot. Go Tim & Double Fine!

Yeah, I agree. He has his faults, but it’s nice to see someone at the top who actually hasn’t changed.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top