• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cage Match#12 (When Inventions and Discoveries Collide)

Poll: Machinarium vs. The Neverhood
Total Votes: 20
Machinarium
The Neverhood

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 09 September 2015 04:28 AM

He he, I had almost forgotten about that scene, and it isn’t even more than about a year since I replayed TLJ.

TimovieMan - 09 September 2015 06:54 AM

So the only options left are cutting back on sleep or work. Tongue

There you go, you already know the solution to your problem, now you just have to execute it Tongue

And back on topic: I have never played The Neverhood, and I got bored with Machinarium about 1/3 - 1/2 through and never finished it, so I also can’t vote this time, at least not in good conscience.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 09 September 2015 10:36 AM

There you go, you already know the solution to your problem, now you just have to execute it Tongue

Not sustainable, I need my income and my sanity. Grin

And now I notice that The Neverhood won 10-7. When did the poll end, Advie?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2992

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

TimovieMan - 10 September 2015 01:39 PM

I need my income and my sanity. Grin

Nonsence. Sanity is overrated. Your family will love you either way. Tongue

Machinarium’s major weakness is that it’s a really small game. It can be finished in a 5-6 hour session (thus not a good choice for an AGCP, but perfect for someone with a schedule like yours).

The Android version is the superior one IMHO.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 10 September 2015 01:39 PM

And now I notice that The Neverhood won 10-7. When did the poll end, Advie?

strange this question coming from you! as you were the one who confirmed/wrote those Cage Matches rules, at the Recommendations Thread>Cage Matches overview.

anyways, it ended a week after the original post, post time.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I haven’t played Neverhood (shame shame shame), but I loved Machinarium so much.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Neverhood is one of my favorite games.

Neverhood forever!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 10 September 2015 02:37 PM

The Android version is the superior one IMHO.

it is just like you say, Sefir! .  i am* experiencing it on my Android phone.. and IT IS such greater than my earlier PC experience, but my* only tiresome is (my mobile ) that the screen size is only 480 x 800 and due to this,  changing Joseph size (to shorter/taller) is sometimes just terrible to make happen (on the spot).
But apart from this,  i am enjoying it to the max… very advisable to tryout the Android version, indeed!

uh sorry for the loss of your Avatar.  congratulations Speedbo Wink  Tongue Pan  Pan

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

You are welcome Advie! Smile

I always experience Android games through my 1280x800 tablet display resolution though, thus I hope the game doesn’t become tiresome for you or something. The smooth graphics will certainly help…

(and now that I think of it, an Android version of The Neverhood would have been great too…)

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Sefir - 14 September 2015 01:00 PM

(and now that I think of it, an Android version of The Neverhood would have been great too…)

I haven’t tried it myself, but ScummVM supports the Neverhood, and ScummVM also works with android.

Advie - 14 September 2015 12:19 PM

congratulations Speedbo Wink  Tongue Pan  Pan

In honor of this cage match, I’ve changed my avatar.
No more panning required Wink

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

SpeedBo - 14 September 2015 05:27 PM
Sefir - 14 September 2015 01:00 PM

I haven’t tried it myself, but ScummVM supports the Neverhood, and ScummVM also works with android.

You are right! It works. Not perfectly well (have to use the cursor/touchscreen combination), but it works anyway. Thanks!!

EDIT: Nice background change btw.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SpeedBo - 14 September 2015 05:27 PM
Advie - 14 September 2015 12:19 PM

congratulations Speedbo Wink  Tongue Pan  Pan

In honor of this cage match, I’ve changed my avatar.
No more panning required Wink

Thumbs Up
Wow Gasp, How endow!. Total respect (and bow) to your new avatar, SpeedBow.. Caaaio!  Wink  Cool

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

CPTs are a great way to play games - honestly, compared to play web RPGs - I enjoy these a lot more. Also more fun than an adventure game solo also.

I will vote for Machinarium for a CPT, it is one of the greatest adventure games ever and a CPT would be a riot!

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Mikekelly - 15 September 2015 12:20 PM

CPTs are a great way to play games - honestly, compared to play web RPGs - I enjoy these a lot more. Also more fun than an adventure game solo also.

I will vote for Machinarium for a CPT, it is one of the greatest adventure games ever and a CPT would be a riot!

Sefir - 10 September 2015 02:37 PM

Machinarium’s major weakness is that it’s a really small game. It can be finished in a 5-6 hour session thus not a good choice for an AGCP.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The easy way to fix is - is to combine Machinarium with Botanicula for a combined playthrough. The casual gamers have combined some short ones together like this to great success.

Machinarium is a classic and so is its spiritual successor Botanicula - so we can play both together and have a great time.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Mikekelly - 15 September 2015 04:00 PM

The easy way to fix is - is to combine Machinarium with Botanicula for a combined playthrough. The casual gamers have combined some short ones together like this to great success.

Machinarium is a classic and so is its spiritual successor Botanicula - so we can play both together and have a great time.

Heart

I like the idea actually.
Let’s propose this after the current Syberia 2 AGCP ends.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top