• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Thursday 27 August

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Choice-based gameplay and “cinematic” storytelling is everywhere now with Telltale Games and the recent acclaimed Life is Strange and Until Dawn. But none of this would happen without David Cage. Beyond: Two Souls is flawed and very divisive like all his games but it sure is an ambitious one.

And of course the tough choices are always there, Pizza, Chicken or Beef? Pizza for me

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Chicken curry. Yum.  Yum

I like “cinematic storytelling” but I’m not crazy about David Cage’s games.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

This game turned me into a believer and I think it’s because the experience is a lot more seamless even when it turns into Splinter Cell.

Asian beef all the way though. We’ve got to class it up for Ryan and no one wants to be making out after a pizza or curry. Come on people, just because there’s no puzzles doesn’t mean you stop thinking.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

I hope the PS4 version with the chapters in chronological order comes to North America. I’d like to replay the game in that order, and see how that changes the feel.

I think I chose Asian Beef. Don’t remember. Mini Smile

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2015-08-27

PM

Caliburn - 27 August 2015 10:36 PM

I hope the PS4 version with the chapters in chronological order comes to North America. I’d like to replay the game in that order, and see how that changes the feel.

I didn’t know other countries got a chronological order version. I really enjoyed the story in non-chronological order, but I agree, it would be pretty interesting to experience the story a different way.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Asian Beef all the way.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 27 August 2015 11:36 AM

I like “cinematic storytelling” but I’m not crazy about David Cage’s games.

I think Heavy Rain is his strongest game, maybe because he didn’t go overboard on the supernatural stuff and kept it on a smaller scale.

oosaji - 27 August 2015 11:50 PM
Caliburn - 27 August 2015 10:36 PM

I didn’t know other countries got a chronological order version. I really enjoyed the story in non-chronological order, but I agree, it would be pretty interesting to experience the story a different way.

A PS4 remastered version was announced some time ago. One of the differences is that it will feature a optional chronological version. It will be released some time this year.

@Caliburn
Quantic Dream confirmed on twitter it will come to North America, but probably only digitally unlike Europe that will have a retail version.

And people, Asian beef? Ryan didn’t deserve the hassle, heated up pizza was enough for him Smile

Joined 2015-08-27

PM

wilco - 28 August 2015 04:48 AM

I think Heavy Rain is his strongest game, maybe because he didn’t go overboard on the supernatural stuff and kept it on a smaller scale.

I would say Heavy Rain is his strongest game, but not because it didn’t go overboard with supernatural stuff. Indigo Prophecy definitely could have dialed it back quite a bit, but I felt that Beyond’s supernatural stuff was just fine. The supernatural added to the story without making it totally weird. I think what makes Heavy Rain so strong was the repercussions of your actions with each character. It was awesome to play a game where you could make a decision, and it would have an actual effect on the story or on other characters. That’s what makes it so good.

oosaji - 27 August 2015 11:50 PM

A PS4 remastered version was announced some time ago. One of the differences is that it will feature a optional chronological version. It will be released some time this year.

Ohh, I think I heard of the remastered version, but I didn’t really pay attention.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

oosaji - 28 August 2015 09:48 PM

I would say Heavy Rain is his strongest game, but not because it didn’t go overboard with supernatural stuff. Indigo Prophecy definitely could have dialed it back quite a bit, but I felt that Beyond’s supernatural stuff was just fine. The supernatural added to the story without making it totally weird. I think what makes Heavy Rain so strong was the repercussions of your actions with each character. It was awesome to play a game where you could make a decision, and it would have an actual effect on the story or on other characters. That’s what makes it so good.

If you like that, you should really play Until Dawn. Goes way beyond what Heavy Rain does with choice and effect.

Joined 2015-08-27

PM

wilco - 28 August 2015 10:00 PM
oosaji - 28 August 2015 09:48 PM

If you like that, you should really play Until Dawn. Goes way beyond what Heavy Rain does with choice and effect.

Ooh, thanks! I’ll definitely take a look at it.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I also feel Heavy Rain was stronger but that’s probably because it’s narrative is tighter and it’s pretty noir. I really enjoyed Beyond too though and the supernatural parts didn’t bother me one bit. I will replay both games at some time. I’m also interested in Until Dawn but I’m not going to get a PS4 for a while and I don’t like spoilers, so I’m mostly staying away from it on purpose.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top