• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonk

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lost interest in adventure gaming

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Havent played anything for more than two months, tried many new release but gave up before i even actually get into any of them. and whats more that game like DF:Chapter3, which i wad waiting badly for its release, i have it installed, and never gave it a run, and its not just that;  KINGS QUEST too.

I dont know but the last time i felt this way was at the summer of 1999, it stayed that way until i played Syberia 2, 2004, then statred catching up what i missed, and worthy.

But these days i have got the feeling that this might take a while longer than that time.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It is natural to take a break no matter how long the span of time is. Isn’t that part of life…...different interests in different stages of our lives?

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

It is not necessarily a bad thing if you have other interests in your life to fill the void. Real life >> gaming. So there is no need to worry. The games aren’t going anywhere. You can still play them whenever you come back into the mood. Smile

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Yeah I get this from time to time as well, I think it’s easy to get burnt out on Adventure Games (or any genre) especially after blasting through a few of them, and then somehow I just can’t summon the motivation to play any more for a while.

Also sometimes after a steam sale where I have picked up a shedload of games on the cheap but none of them really catch my attention enough to want to play them straight away.

So instead I just load up an RPG or Strategy Game or maybe dust off the old PS3, or even just concentrate on music or some other hobby for a while. Eventually I start to hear the AG’s calling again and I get stuck back in with renewed vigour.

The cool thing is you can still be involved in forum life and keep up to date with AG news etc. but without having to actually play the games! I think it can actually be quite liberating to remember that from time to time.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

It’s all about episodics Advie,episodics made us like that,the episodics i’m tellin you,
blame them.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

It’s definitely normal to feel like this especially as you get older. Like Intense says, just take a break and do some other hobby for a while, and after a while,  adventure games will whisper back to you and you will be more excited to play them.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s natural to burn out every now and then.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

I think this is a good problem to have. It indicates you’ve been privileged enough to play lots of great titles and you’re looking for that one game that rekindles a passion or what not. It’ll be a wonderful moment once you find that title.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i always need breaks between genres. If i dont feel like an adventure, its usually time for an rpg.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Advie - 06 August 2015 03:21 PM

I dont know but the last time i felt this way was the summer 1999 and it stayed that way until i played Syberia 2, 2004 and statred catching up what i missed and worthy.

But these days i have a feeling that this might take while longer than that time.

Just wanted to mention that it might not actually take that long.
Some time in the early 2000’s I got burned out on adventure games. I didn’t feel like playing any computer games at all. So I quit.

About 8 months later an online friend pretty much forced me to play an adventure game. She wanted me to play the game at the same time she was playing so we could talk about it by email. I sure didn’t feel like playing the game, but gave it a shot for my friend’s sake. To my surprise, once I started playing, I found I was enjoying it. If my friend hadn’t insisted I play the game, it might have been years before I tried one on my own.

Anyway, I’d suggest taking a break for a few months. Then, even if you don’t feel like it, try a game again and see if it starts to draw you in. If not, wait a few more months and try again.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gabe - 07 August 2015 03:08 PM

It’s all about episodics Advie,episodics made us like that,the episodics i’m tellin you,
blame them.

You hit the point Gabe,  i didnt even notice that the two examples i gave KQ, DF are episodics

Intense Degree - 07 August 2015 04:54 AM

Yeah I get this from time to time as well, I think it’s easy to get burnt out on Adventure Games (or any genre) especially after blasting through a few of them, and then somehow I just can’t summon the motivation to play any more for a while.

It always good to remember how we adventurers are the same and share the same feelings and destiny Smile whoever different are we,  wether by the number of ags one played or the years spent with the genre or the age, gender, nationality.

crabapple - 08 August 2015 09:41 AM
Advie - 06 August 2015 03:21 PM

I dont know but the last time i felt this way was the summer 1999 and it stayed that way until i played Syberia 2, 2004 and statred catching up what i missed and worthy.
later an online friend pretty much forced me to play an adventure game. She wanted me to play the game at the same time she was playing so we could talk about it by email. I sure didn’t feel like playing the game, but gave it a shot for my friend’s sake. To my surprise, once I started playing, I found I was enjoying it. If my friend hadn’t insisted I play the game, it might have been years before I tried one on my own..

I never had a friend who forced (nicely) to get back into the genre,  instead it was always a shining title that grabed me as i have grabed it Smile, one was Syberia2 like i already said and when i played the first part i was i owe of what had have i neglected for a while, its like an old friend you hadnt thought of him/her for a while and you
meet ‘em again by coincidence you discover what great things you ve been missing but didnt know until you stumble on it again, somehow,  somewhen.

Bonsai - 06 August 2015 07:54 PM

It is natural to take a break no matter how long the span of time is. Isn’t that part of life…...different interests in different stages of our lives.?

Truly said cousin, with the shit going with the world sometimes i feel so down to even think about Gaming’ even if its adventuring afterall; (

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Advie - 08 August 2015 07:20 PM
Bonsai - 06 August 2015 07:54 PM

It is natural to take a break no matter how long the span of time is. Isn’t that part of life…...different interests in different stages of our lives.?

Truly said cousin, with the shit going with the world sometimes i feel so down to even think about Gaming’ even if its adventuring afterall; (

I hear you bro…..time to take those feelings and put them to music. Some of the best songs ever were written in times of pain, sadness and love. Can’t wait to hear them.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 07 August 2015 04:31 PM

It’s natural to burn out every now and then.

This is the reason i got Wiiu,to have a break from openworld fatigue, after Witcher3.
Now so many open world games out there waiting to be released, still not prepared.

Best pill is to either swallow or wait when hunger strikes.
If you will feel the urge again to play some AG again later, then you still havent lost it yet.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Don’t worry everyone, Advie is cured! And what better cure than the music! Grin Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

[Quote ] And what better cure than the music!

well thats only the mental cure,  rightly as said Niko DD
but the this process missing the physio therapy to be complete.  Grin

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Advie - 10 August 2015 06:13 PM

but the this process missing the physio therapy to be complete.  Grin

Oh, why don’t you say so:

Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top