• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AR-K: The Great Escape feedback ^_^

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-07-20

PM

Hey, everyone

I’m Sergio Prieto, one of the developers of AR-K, we tried to listen all the critics from our players and improve all the aspects of our game. We are really proud of our latest chapter, AR-K 3: The Great Escape, and hope you will check it out!

It’ll be awesome if you could get us your feedback about the new chapter in this thread, this webpage and forum are a reference for the adventure players, so I’m totally sure that your feedback will be very, very valuable.

For the people that don’t want to expend a lot to play the game, there’s a Humble Bundle of Kickstarter games available right now, and if you get the bundle, you can get our new game at the big discount that we have for the current players of AR-K. Here’s the link: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly, and the link of The Great Escape: http://store.steampowered.com/app/368890/

We are very excited with this new title and we hope you’ll enjoy it ^_^

Sorry for my English!

Best,

Sergio

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

Finished the episode over the weekend. I really appreciated the discount for owners of the previous chapters. You guys have really come a long way! The graphics were greatly improved, great new areas to explore, voice acting was mostly excellent. The story kept my interest. The interface this time around was a HUGE improvement.
    The puzzles were greatly improved this time around, with some good telegraphing. The only problem I had was with the “big” puzzle, the murder mystery. I figured out where everyone was, what everbody smelled like, but could not see anything that pointed to the culprit. The clues screen was confusing as well, having obviously been written by someone whose first language was not English. Would liked to have seen Ambar used in a puzzle again, as in the first 2 episodes. He kinda just sits around this time out.
    For those who like achievements and trading cards, I’m sure the inclusion of both is appreciated.
    Greatly looking forward to the fourth episode!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-07-20

PM

Hi! Thanks a lot for answering and for your feedback ^_^

The clues of the murder mystery were my fault, It’ll be fixed in an incoming update, sorry! Grin

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Finally found time to finish the episode.

The newest episode (though it’s a standalone game) indeed looks better and is a lot more polished with a better interface. Save options too, nice. Many people were just raving about these things Smile. To me difference wasn’t that huge, though all that new jazz is of course appreciated.

Anyway, the story worked pretty well. It had a nice coherent start and ending for an episode, and it was interesting enough even though the protagonist only really has a single objective. Alicia was pretty much the same (meaning good), using Franky was nice but Ambar was unfortunately underused Frown.

Some nice revelations in the story and a great ending. I’m hoping the final episode will tie everything together nicely and combine all the best sides of each episode.

I had a little trouble with a couple of puzzles. Firstly, I didn’t really have any clue what to do with the purple bottle. I accidentally saw someone mention it when I was scratching my head with the murder mystery thing. While I did take a notion what they said about the light piercing it funnily and I did wonder what was up with the telescope, I didn’t connect the two, and even if I had, I surely would not have thought to cut the bottle with the laser cutter that I gave away. Once I accidentally acquired the lens, the use was obvious.
With the murder mystery there was still some weirdness. I noticed after solving it, that some misdirection was intentional, but the clues that we did get didn’t always seem to make sense. I’m usually pretty good figuring out those puzzles but I seriously did not get this one. Molly says he was dating Nathan but the other people talk about his wife sleeping with the overseer. But it was Molly sleeping with them both.  First I thought Molly was sleeping with a married man. Would people really mistake dating and marriage? Or forget the smell of a person who you sleep with? Another thing was Grigor saying that one of the guys was bullied and the guy next to him smelled like mint. And a guy next to the one being bullied had a crowbar. How about making the distinction of are we talking about the same guy, or the one on the other side? Also the hints could be written more clearly and with better English.

Otherwise I thought the game flowed pretty nicely. I was only stuck a bit here and there because I was stupid, and when I figured it out, it totally made sense. Can’t even recall all those things now.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top