• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

shanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day - Monday 13 July

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Emily Enough: Imprisoned

When the presents that her rich parents and their servants got brilliant young Emily for her Birthday didn’t match up to her exacting demands, she knew she didn’t need to get angry. No, instead, these vile offenders needed to go.

We join Emily as she is committed to a run down New York State mental asylum for the cold blooded murder of her parents and servants, in this comedy adventure. Yep, you read that right!

The main strength of this game is the portrayal of Emily, who has the mind of a capable, calculating, murderous genius trapped in the body of a little girl, and manages to be funny and horrifying in equal measure. The game is very well written and even just after watching the short introduction, I knew that this was a stand out game with a slightly unusual feel.

The puzzles are a little bit mixed, there are definitely some good ones but some are not so great. The game feels light and airy in places, but never becomes “cute” or vapid, remaining funny but oh so dark throughout. I liked the protagonist a lot but who she is and what she does makes you keep her at arms length a bit, which is a really interesting and well done thing.

The graphics? Well… they’re not the game’s strongest point! Wink

If nothing else, this is a game that sticks in the mind as a funny but unsettling, enjoyable experience.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

So basically the makers of Lucius should have gone with this story instead? Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

For sure! Wink

I’ve never played Lucius and I can’t say I’ll try the sequal, but whenever I read anything about them I think of Emily! Wink

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sound also like Emily is a precursor to Edna! Wink

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Yeah, quite like Edna, but darker. Also Emily is a much more confident assured type and is more psychopathic than delusional (i.e. no bunny!) Laughing

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

The lack of bunny displeases me.

But this seems like an interesting game. I’ve actually installed Lucius too, so I’d get on with it some of these days.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top