• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Marion or Sophia?

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Thought this would make for a good discussion.

I don’t recall seeing a threat for this before, but I’d like to know what Indy-lovers think: Was Marion Ravenwood or Sophia Hapgood the stronger female protagonist in Indy’s adventures? I use these two because, unlike Willie or Elsa, they are the most alike of Indy’s female co-adventurers and have the same archaeology roots Indy has.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tough call.

I’m inclined to say Marion Ravenwood, because she gets in the way less at times it matters (Willie was the worst at this), and because there’s less Nur-Ab-Sal mumbo-jumbo.
And she can drink Sophia Hapgood under the table with ease. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Sophia Hapgood because she wasn’t in Kingdom of the Krystal Skull.
And also the game was awesome and I almost always chose the Team Path

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Well surely Sophia is the only one that has any chances against Marion. It’s been too long since I played the game though, so I don’t remember her very well. Half-blindly going with Marion then.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 10 July 2015 12:52 PM

Sophia Hapgood because she wasn’t in Kingdom of the Krystal Skull.
And also the game was awesome and I almost always chose the Team Path

Good points. But I refuse to acknowledge the existence of Crystal Skull, so I’m basing my opinion of Marion solely on Raiders.

Here’s me hoping Disney uses the Frank Darabont script for one of the new Indy movies. Cool
You know, the one Spielberg and Ford were raving about until Lucas harpooned it in favour of his own drivel. Shifty Eyed
And he’s not sorry.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TimovieMan - 10 July 2015 04:05 PM

Here’s me hoping Disney uses the Frank Darabont script for one of the new Indy movies. Cool
You know, the one Spielberg and Ford were raving about until Lucas harpooned it in favour of his own drivel. Shifty Eyed
And he’s not sorry.

I hope Sophia Hapgood shows up in the future Disney Indiana Jones cinematic universe. I would like to see the character on screen.
Lucas the pile of money gets in that video because that’s how I imagine him now sitting at home looking at all cool news of Star Wars movies. “I regret nothing” Smile

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

TimovieMan - 10 July 2015 11:15 AM

Tough call.

I’m inclined to say Marion Ravenwood, because she gets in the way less at times it matters (Willie was the worst at this), and because there’s less Nur-Ab-Sal mumbo-jumbo.
And she can drink Sophia Hapgood under the table with ease. Tongue

I agree about Marion, especially on the basis of her drinking abilities:) Plus, she fired a machine gun from inside a German fighter plane. So she knows how to handle a gun.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top