• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game quiz at PC Gamer

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This is fun: http://www.pcgamer.com/the-pc-gamer-adventure-game-quiz/

I got 18/20. Grin

(Missed the 7th Guest question even though I knew the answer wasn’t the obvious one, and the Last Express question.)

Total Posts: 4261

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Those folks at PC Gamer don’t like AGs (at least that was the case when I used to read the magazine). Based on my impressions/experience with PCG I’d say that having an adventure game quiz there is pretty much like having the celebration of Hanukkah at 1938 Reichstag.

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

That was fun, and more challenging than I thought it’d be!

I got 19/20 (I got the Last Express question wrong; also, the Star Trek one was pure luck.)

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

9/20 I`m going to commit seppuku and die in shame because I failed miserably…

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Richard Cobbett and Myst… The series died 10 freaking years ago, and yet he still can’t let it go, mocking it and complaining at every turn. What a grown-up kid. P.S. And yes, I scored 14 out of 20 and found some of the questions out of place. Like the one about Star Trek, or the “gay erotic fiction” one - how on Earth would I know?!

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

13/20. Some interesting facts in there.
Cheap shot at Myst, lol

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Doom - 07 June 2015 04:48 AM

Richard Cobbett and Myst… The series died 10 freaking years ago, and yet he still can’t let it go, mocking it and complaining at every turn. What a grown-up kid. P.S. And yes, I scored 14 out of 20 and found some of the questions out of place. Like the one about Star Trek, or the “gay erotic fiction” one - how on Earth would I know?!

What Doom said. Except that I scored only 11. Monkey Island is one of my least favorite series, star trek huh, cinematic jordan mechner blabla, gay what?, stupid stauf trick, stupid KQ trick, and to top it off I misunderstood one question.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

17/20 correct, though some of them was pure luck, and others I fell right into the traps. A nice little quiz that shouldn’t be take too seriously.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5604

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I got 13 right.  Considering some of the questions, I take the whole thing rather lightly.

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Missed 3.
Couldn’t answer the last question because the quiz broke and the correct answer didn’t display.

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Shame on me as I only got 9/20 but it should have been 10 as I misread one of the questions!

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I got 11, but I think I should have got 12, as the Sherlock Holmes question asked to pick the odd one out, and I went with the one that was EXCLUSIVELY 1st-person, when what they wanted was the one not made by Frogwares. But they didn’t make that clear. Boo!

Was a bit surprised by that gay fiction question and the answer. Then I thought about it for a little while- remembered their last original game- and realized it wasn’t that surprising at all.

Not a Cobbett fan, but I certainly can’t accuse the man of not knowing his adventures.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

15/20.

I did better than I thought I would, because it was mostly about old games and designers that I’m familiar with. Last Express having a prequel is new to me?

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

14/20. Got all the weird ones wrong (game designer trivia things and one of the “odd ones out”), but at least I found out the last express had a prequel.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Toefur - 07 June 2015 10:29 PM

Last Express having a prequel is new to me?

Nah, that’s just Richard Cobbett being even more annoying than usual. The Red Serpent was an unfinished, rough first draft script which Mechner abandoned for all the right reasons. I read it when he made it available to his fans, but hardly remember what it was about.

Quote of the Day: It is pitch dark.
You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
If this predicament seems particularly cruel
consider whose fault it might be…
not a torch or a match in your inventory…
(MC Frontalot, Get Lamp documentary)

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2009-12-11

PM

I got 17 out of 20.  I also missed the 7th Guest question, plus the one about erotic literature, and the question about the works of HP Lovecraft.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top