• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A pointless crusade - continuation of my comments on the Perils of Man review. 

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

I realize I’m not making any friends, but anyways:

rtrooney wrote

My comment regarding Tiller and AVS2 was simply that. I was unaware that T&M were provided funding specifically to design this game.

As opposed to what? Provided funding to design any game they wanted to?
I wonder how you were left with that impression if the review was so clear?
Also “were provided funding” is a rather strange choice of words in that context.

Jackal wrote

The review says absolutely nothing inaccurate. This game is a product of its designers’ imaginations. Full stop. That’s what it says, and it’s simply a statement of fact. No amount of meaningless mental contortions can change that.

Only that large parts of the game (namely the story -not just some initial idea, the characters, probably the character development, the staging and enactment) were not done by those two. Maybe they had bigger or smaller influence on that as well, but the review makes it sound like all of that sprung from the mind of Tiller and Mocsy, similarly to their other games that where mentioned, which is not the case, here.

That’s what I pointed out and corrected myself where I was wrong. (I was of the impression that IF games had already done parts of the game design and then brought in Tiller later, which seems to be false. I remember it differently, but I can’t find the article/interview and the credits say otherwise.)
I also never claimed the review was badly written or intentionally misleading.
But misleading it is, from my perspective. I think I should be able to point that out without facing plenty of condescending remarks.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

This is the forum, not the comment section of the Perils of Man review. Everything about this has already been said there, and Jackal rightfully shut further discussion down. I’ll do the same here.

This ‘pointless crusade’ of yours is so pointless that it won’t even leave the house.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Actually, TM, I’d allowed for the possibility of continuing the “debate” here, but on further reflection, I see you’re absolutely right. Pointlessness doesn’t become less pointless just by changing location.

Never imagined we’d ever get such a dogged complaint about our crediting a game’s designers for actually, you know, designing a game.  Crazy

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top