• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tokyo Dark - Side-Scrolling adventure - KS

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I think this kickstarter looks promising.

Tokyo Dark is a 2D point & click adventure game. A twisting detective story featuring a multitude of choices, non-linear puzzle-solving, and a deep branching narrative exploring the darker underbelly of Tokyo.

http://www.tokyodark.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/114971883/tokyo-dark?ref=nav_search

It’s part of the Square-Enix Collective. Wants to be a fusion Western point-and-click and Japanese visual novels. Branching paths with 10 different endings and a horror atmosphere.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Wait i thought SEnix will fund games, who come on top of Indie fund.
Tsk TSk.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve been following this SE initiative. The Collective is not really about funding games, it’s more for them to give exposure to some indies. They do get some benefits with no risk but my hope is that at least the projects they support are not kickstarter scams. They say they visit the development teams before helping on the kickstarter to assess the potential.

This is the 5th project from the Collective that goes to kickstarter. Other successful projects:

Moon Hunters

Black The Fall

Goetia

Halcyon 6 Starbase Commander

They seem to be on the right track but it’s early to see how it goes.

One other aspect is that they will allow teams to use their IPs. Fear Effect, Gex, Anachronox for now but that is still in the beginning.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

This game appeals to me at least. I really like how they’ve started to make more and more adventure visual novel crossovers, the play styles really fit together nicely. The theme seems interesting too and even though the art is pretty regular style for manga, it’s still beautiful. I’ll at least back it if I get a summer job Grin. I don’t want to go overboard with Kickstarter again.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Already founded?!? Cool,  I wasn’t really expecting it to be so fast.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Looks pretty cool.

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top