• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game sound… uh, game

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Advie - 28 May 2016 07:19 PM
SpeedBo - 28 May 2016 05:36 PM
Advie - 28 May 2016 04:12 PM

Emerald City Confidential?

Hooray!! We have a winner!!!

city carved out of rock
was my clue for that guess Laughing

next: http://picosong.com/BMZb/

I think I must have played this. Another sound clue?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

no clue could do better than what you have said already at your post #5168

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

anyways i cant add soundclue right now, as i am using G3 on a mobile,  and above this dont have the tools here to do it Frown

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

It’s Dave’s Theme from the NES version of Maniac Mansion. A very fun, classic soundtrack! Though I have somewhat mixed feelings about it in the context of the game itself. The PC version used mostly silence and occasional sound effects such as the ticking clock in a way that emphasized more the game’s haunted house feeling, and in the NES version I think the music emphasizes more the game’s upbeat, comedic side (which is also valid, it’s just different).

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

are you suspect my resources Cali, ah you brought it onto yourself..  i still remember that the last one (the only) who did similar act like ..  well nothing significant, happened Tongue
correct Cali Laughing

see wilco?  the hint was yours coincidently MM:DotT

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

We need less chitchat here and more music.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i love when you are this firm, no pun Smile

the music is coming, probably…  its caliburn turn.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

No adversity intended here, but I seem to remember you taking GrahamDaventry’s turn when he didn’t post for a few days, and now you do the same.

From now on if a poster doesn’t post at least one song a day, she forfeits.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Drogglejug!

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Oscar - 04 June 2016 03:03 AM

No adversity intended here, but I seem to remember you taking GrahamDaventry’s turn when he didn’t post for a few days, and now you do the same.

No big deal, because I’m a guy, I can still wait a couple of days before putting up a new sound.
But I’m really not for discrimination.  Wink

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

I would propose that we come to an agreement that the desired posting frequency of hints is one day, but that in practice we be more lenient and give the poster a grace period of 48 or perhaps even 72 hours rather than 24 hours before anyone else considers it a “forfeit” and posts a different clip. Because life happens and people may have a totally reasonable cause for missing a day. Also, posting clips is work, and it would be easy to make people feel turned off or underappreciated if there isn’t enough grace period, which would discourage participation in a thread that already has only a handful of participants.

Here’s a new clip!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

That’s TLJ. The storm during the ship journey, I think.

(And I agree with Caliburn on the hint frequency thingie.)

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Correct on both the game and the location!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

SpeedB - 04 June 2016 08:13 AM

No adversity intended here, but I seem to remember you taking GrahamDaventry’s turn when he didn’t,  post for a few days, and now you do the same.

No big deal, because I’m a guy, I can still wait a couple of days before putting up a new sound.
But I’m really not for discrimination.  Wink

actually you should know better Speedbo! Smile
that poster had ignored a *guess* for 10 full days before it was considered ‘forfeit’
http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/53/P1320

and my actions concerning taking responblitiy of my posted sound bit explained at the top of this page ‘#104’ another bit i had posted and removed before i efited my previous post, thinking this claims wouldnt have no tails..  but i guess now,  this is more than enough.
i m still not able to post, not later not ever, sorry,  no hard feeling for anyone, but i hope posters who knew each other quite enough wouldnt jump to hasty conclusions, or at least before revising bit of facts
Content  Smile

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Advie - 04 June 2016 10:01 AM

and my actions concerning taking responblitiy of my posted sound bit explained at the top of this page ‘#104’ another bit i had posted and removed before i efited my previous post, thinking this claims wouldnt have no tails..  but i guess now,  this is more than enough.
i m still not able to post, not later not ever, sorry,  no hard feeling for anyone, but i hope posters who knew each other quite enough wouldnt jump to hasty conclusions, or at least before revising bit of facts
Content  Smile

Well, I guess here’s an example of what I mean about how posting clips is work and people can feel unappreciated when they are given a hard time about it, which may discourage participation…

Advie, you’ve done a great job historically of posting clips in this thread! Your explanation about the 3G, and the difference between this and the other situation makes sense. No worries! I hope you will continue to participate. Heart

I think Oscar’s just looking for a solution to keep the thread moving more consistently, which I think most regular participants here would agree has been an issue on occasion.

Based on Advie’s experience, I still think one hint per day (24 hours or so) makes sense as the desired hint frequency, but I now think at least 72 hours would be a better minimum to wait before assuming the poster “forfeited.” Anyway, it’s just a forum game thread, and I think it’s natural it will have periods of more or less activity.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top