• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

RESULTS PART 1

THE WINNERS

walas74 - 29 November 2017 01:31 PM

Lancelot: “Two more and I can pretend the barman is Guinevere…”

Jabod - 06 December 2017 06:49 AM

Oi! Monocle face!
This isn’t what I meant when I asked for a demonstration of “Do Do Do The Funky Chicken!”

Advie - 30 November 2017 11:23 AM

‘heh, ladies night,pah! even that Buck Rogers on the bar didnt make a move all night…hopeless!’

Phlebas - 01 December 2017 05:59 AM

“Look at those hands. Are they small hands?”

Lady Kestrel - 30 November 2017 08:08 PM

Beware of this human bed thing!  I tried it last night and almost spilled my brains.

Henke - 01 December 2017 07:59 PM

“It’s a real bargain”, they said. “A loft with a great view. We will even throw in a copy of Simon The Sorcerer 3 at no extra cost.”

DarkEye - 09 December 2017 04:05 AM

I have some corn leftovers from “chicken puzzle” mate. Here, take it and make a popcorn! I guarantee you’ll make more money with it than with that hodgepodge over there.

diego - 09 December 2017 07:27 AM

All right! I’m going to sit at home and ogle the ladies in the Victoria’s Secret catalog…
Sears catalog.

Please each choose any of these amazing prizes…......

..+ one of these truly scrumptious cakes.

Don’t despair
If your caption’s not there
I’m still looking for prizes that will suitably cater
For Runners –up who will be posted later (i.e. sometime this week!)

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

RESULTS PART 2

THE RUNNERS-UP

diego - 08 December 2017 05:08 PM

Do NOT drink and joust!

TimovieMan - 30 November 2017 04:26 PM

The obligatory “Blue Oyster Bar” scene in the “Knight Academy” movie series…

NickyLarson - 01 December 2017 05:45 PM

“Okay, just two more steps and I’m finally going to get this nice, juicy apple! Yum! I feel like I’ve never been so close!”

eddyc - 30 November 2017 10:11 AM

man on table: when i asked for a “happy ending”, this wasn’t what i had in mind.

Lady Kestrel - 01 December 2017 01:11 PM

Oh, no!  I think I forgot to turn off the stove again!

diego - 08 December 2017 05:17 PM

Oh, crap, the eye just fell out into my hand. I don’t think he will approach me if he finds out I’m the Terminator.

“Wait! Don’t leave! I haven’t told you yet about the 3-month discount that comes with every 1-year-or-more subscription! And we have complimentary t-shirts for new members!”

Sir Beardalot - 06 December 2017 10:58 PM

Read my lips: NO NEW TAXES!

TimovieMan - 05 December 2017 02:46 PM

Where is my mind?

Advie - 03 December 2017 12:19 PM

sad story: i only got those four fuses for my brains left to go

diego - 09 December 2017 06:24 AM

Tying nipple to a wardrobe, and then waiting for it to travel to another dimension is all the rage with young people now.

Advie - 03 December 2017 12:19 PM

bullseye you bullshit!

Sir Beardalot - 06 December 2017 10:58 PM

Excuse me sir, but are you by any chance selling that fine leather jacket?

“Excuse-me Sir, I seem to be a bit lost, you wouldn’t happen to know where I could find a decent room for the night in the vicinity?”
“No, but if you have any decoration necessities for it, I’ve got just what you need.”

walas74 - 29 November 2017 01:43 PM

“Where do robots come from?”
“Well, the android introduces some bytes into the ginoide and nine months later you get a new robot”.

Sir Beardalot - 01 December 2017 10:37 PM

Interrogator: “I want the truth!”
Interrogatee: “You can’t handle the truth!”

You all win a prize of your choice from the following selection & may request a slice of one of the cakes presented to the Winners.

Thank you all for your contributions!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

THANKSSS chrissie for alll that effort you made for us .. a very well-done excuse of FUNNN

Total Posts: 1263

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Thank you very much chrissie, I laughed a lot. And I choose the hot dog cushion (which I hope is suitable for cats…)

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i ‘think’ it might be a good idea to merge it to the base thread so all the captions history, present and future are at/in one place Smile

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Thanks Chrissie, I had a lot of fun and got a lot of good laughs Smile I will very much enjoy my bubble wrap raincoat! POP POP POP

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Thank you chrissie for fun diversion, some captions were really great folks Thumbs Up
I’m sorry that I couldn’t do a few more but for my current state that’s close to my max. (had dislocated elbow and broken leg)
Those are all great prizes chrissie, but I’ll choose anatomy chart T-shirt and of course popcorn shaped cake! Laughing

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Thanx for reviving the old thread, chrissie!! Some great captions here, like Lady Kestrel’s “Human bed”, “Guinevere” by walas74, NickyLarson’s “3-month discount”, Tim’s “Quack”, Advie’s “Artist”, chrissie’s “Big birds in bondage”, Jabod’s “Monocle face”, Beardalot’s “No new taxes” etc. I also love the idea of “interactive puzzles”, which you connected to our captions! Thumbs Up

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The bed cake is very tasty, but I did get some pink icing on my Beam Me Up, Scotty t-shirt.  Thanks for all the fun, Chrissie!  There were some really good laughs this time around.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

diego - 12 December 2017 04:42 AM

I also love the idea of “interactive puzzles”, which you connected to our captions! Thumbs Up

Oops, I meant “prizes”.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

That was fun! Great creative entries from everyone! Thank you chrissie for organizing this contest, and for the lovely prizes; I have my heart set on the kitty cake, but it’s almost too cute to eat - perhaps I’ll just knit up an equally cute little armour for him based on that amazing-looking pattern.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Thanks Chrissie - that was fun! I’d like the highly technical looking polygraph cake at the bottom right - I can have hours of fun figuring out how it works and then eat it.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

That was fun to read, Chrissie.  I especially liked the socks with shoes prize but would like them better with Mary Janes.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’ve won something! After thousands of attempts (well, 2 actually Smile ). What can I say but thank you Chrissie, a lady of taste and obvious good humour.

As a prize I had to choose the eyepatch because it reminded me immediately of Steve Valentine in Tesla Effect:

(a game I really must go back to finish)

Life is what it is.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 11 December 2017 02:53 PM

i ‘think’ it might be a good idea to merge it to the base thread so all the captions history, present and future are at/in one place Smile

Yes, I posted the screenshots on the spur of the moment without even thinking of tagging on to the original thread so please Mods, that does seem sensible to merge this thread to the base one if possible!  Smile

diego - 12 December 2017 04:42 AM

Thanx for reviving the old thread, chrissie!.....
I also love the idea of “interactive puzzles”, which you connected to our captions! Thumbs Up

It’s a wonderful thread diego & absolutely your baby that’s nice to hold every now & again! As for the interactive puzzles…...it took me about 20 mins to set-up the pics & about 10 hours to think up the prizes - I don’t have that much imagination so I needed the pics & responses via the captions to inspire me!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top