• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Waiting anxiously for the round results.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well chrissie, what’s it going to be? Either I post these caption results I’ve got in my shirt pocket, or me and Twaddles are leaving for good.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s about time!  I gave him change for that vending machine an hour ago.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Dancing with the Stars, Lesson 1:
Good, George!  Now try it with your right foot.  Put it in, out, in again, and then shake it all about!

Man:  Hmmm.  I need that key, but nothing from my inventory bag works.  What else can I lower into the well?
Dog:  Uh-oh.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

“I sense a lot of angst but also that prizes have been ordered & will be awarded later tomorrow”

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Okay, I will never ever do this again (or maybe?) as it was a joy to post the screenshots but so hard to judge as I was amused by all of the captions but here goes…..

Caption Contest 11/11/16
WINNERS!

LADY KESTREL

It’s about time!  I gave him change for that vending machine an hour ago.

ABNAXUS

It`s a small apartment but sure it`s colorful!

DIEGO

Frankly, my dear, I don’t have a gun.

OSCAR

Well chrissie, what’s it going to be? Either I post these caption results I’ve got in my shirt pocket, or me and Twaddles are leaving for good.

You all win:

Instructions on:
How to Operate a Vending Machine

A Colouring Book:

A Scarlett O’Hara cocktail:

& an exclusive audience with Billy Connelly:
D.I.V.O.R.C.E

Caption Contest 11/11/16
RUNNERS-UP

OSCAR

Somehow, she had the impression that the attendees of her “Imaginary Piano Lessons with Martha” nights were not taking it as seriously as she’d hoped.

WILCO

Him: Pull my finger
Her: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

LADY KESTREL

Man:  Hmmm.  I need that key, but nothing from my inventory bag works.  What else can I lower into the well?
Dog:  Uh-oh.

You all win:

X-Factor opportunity to join this Air Band:
Play what you want
(including the piano if you want!)

Your very own finger puppets:

A sought-after antique well-bucket:

Caption Contest 11/11/16
SPECIAL SEQUENCE PRIZE

TIMOVIEMAN

...he’s going to jump off that there platform to his death 50 stories below…

Him: “Stay back! This is where Kamui landed…”

You win:

To fall gently:

To land gently:

And EVERYONE wins a choice of one of these sumptuous cakes :

Thanks for playing & hope you enjoy the prizes!  Laughing

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

This was a funny round, Chrissie, and I love the prizes.  Thanks for keeping one of my favorite silly traditions going.  Thumbs Up

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yeahh! Thanks chrissie, I will sure enjoy that cocktail, it look delicious Wink. Great job, everyone, my absolute favorite “was LK’s “Communication with spirits, and I also loved Oscar’s “Round results” and LK’s “What to lower into the well?”.

The prizes were also educational for me because I knew Billy Connelly from movies only, never knew he plays a guitar. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Hey I won heh heh thanks for the prizes chrissie, I think I`ll take the ouija board cake to summon some more spiritual jokes.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 12 November 2016 12:10 PM

....my absolute favorite “was LK’s “Communication with spirits….

I loved that one too! but the forum seems to be quieter these days & it was difficult to choose from amongst the far fewer participants without weighing too heavily on just the one! Smile

diego - 12 November 2016 12:10 PM

The prizes were also educational for me because I knew Billy Connelly from movies only, never knew he plays a guitar. Smile

Never mind about Billy Connelly movies & his guitar playing as he’s in my mind one of the best stand-up comedians I’ve ever seen & I’m not a great fan of stand-up comedy usually but…he’s quite the master of ‘situation comedy’ by just talking about normal/everyday/real life events in a humorous way - that’s if you can understand his Scottish accent!  Laughing

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Missed the results because of the “no laptop” period. Some very nice prizes there (gotta love Billy Connolly) and some good captions.

chrissie - 12 November 2016 03:42 PM

Never mind about Billy Connelly movies

*gasp*

Don’t knock the man’s acting skills. He’s FAR underrated as a serious actor and should be getting his share of big roles imo. Just watch the 1999 movie “The Debt Collector” - an obscure and often overlooked film that features some of the best acting I’ve ever seen. Billy Connolly, Ken Stott and Francesca Annis should ALL have gotten BAFTAs for that film, imo. Massive range by Connolly in an underrated gem of a film.

he’s in my mind one of the best stand-up comedians I’ve ever seen & I’m not a great fan of stand-up comedy usually but…

that’s if you can understand his Scottish accent!  Laughing

Fully agree! He’s one of the best stand-up comedians of all time, imo. And I *love* stand-up comedians.
The man is hilarious, but I need friggin’ subtitles for him. The accent’s so thick it’s hard to understand for non-Scots, let alone non-native English speakers…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 10 January 2017 05:40 PM
chrissie - 12 November 2016 03:42 PM

Never mind about Billy Connelly movies

*gasp*

Don’t knock the man’s acting skills. He’s FAR underrated as a serious actor and should be getting his share of big roles imo. Just watch the 1999 movie “The Debt Collector” - an obscure and often overlooked film that features some of the best acting I’ve ever seen. Billy Connolly, Ken Stott and Francesca Annis should ALL have gotten BAFTAs for that film, imo. Massive range by Connolly in an underrated gem of a film.

It wasn’t my intention to decry Billy’s acting skills & thanks for the recommendation! Thumbs Up
An Australian comedy (film) he’s starred in which might be amusing to anyone who’s ever had an insurance claim turned down due to damage caused by an ‘Act of God’ is ‘The Man Who Sued God’! Interesting & hilarious!

In my mind there’s very few brilliant stand-up comedians but many great actors so hence my original comment!  Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 11 January 2017 06:20 AM

It wasn’t my intention to decry Billy’s acting skills

I know. I just like pointing out that one movie, since most other roles you see Billy Connolly in are either minor roles, or comedy ones. It’s rare to see him starring in a serious acting movie, and The Debt Collector blew me away with acting at the level of The Godfather. It’s imo one of the best-acted films ever, and nobody’s even heard of it…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Anyone for a new one?! Well, ready or not, here’s Caption Contest #52: Heroes of Fright & Magic! Fabulous prizes waiting once again! Featuring: Yesterday Origins, Warcraft Adventures, The Bunker, Unavowed and a set of 3 pictures to choose from Hero-U! Fire away!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top