• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

THE FINAL - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Grim Fandango, no doubt about it.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

It breaks my heart to have to choose between the two…

But, even though visually as a whole DoTT is closer to my sensibilities, Grim is just so mature, well thought out, incredibly written and oozing with atmosphere that it just has to be the winner. And a well-deserved win if there ever was one.

GRIM FANDANGOOO!

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

My original vote seems to have vanished Confused

If you’ve already counted it Bogi then obviously ignore this:

Grim Fandango

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’ll just quote what I said in that second cage match:

Graphics/Animation: Extremely close. Both games are amongst the best, but are so different from each other that it’s hard to pick a winner. The fun cartoony style vs. the great backgrounds and paper mache early 3D figures? DotT wins by a very narrow margin.

Design/Gameplaying: Grim Fandango has the better game design (Year Two is the most well-designed adventure chapter EVER), but the clunky controls (while manageable) are inferior to the tried-and-true (but dated) SCUMM word selector. And DotT has multiple protagonists and the entire time-travel angle. Let’s give this one to DotT.

Story: While DotT is really good and really funny, GF takes the cake!

Music/Audio: DotT had great music and audio, but GF had even better music and audio, so GF wins.

Puzzles: The time-travel aspect of DotT makes for some brilliant puzzles, but GF had Year Two which is the best section of puzzle design I’ve ever seen. GF wins.

Overall: DotT and GF are both 5-star games in my book, but if I have to pick a favourite between the two, it’d be Grim Fandango. If only by a small margin.

Grim Fandango wins. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

LucasArts vs. LucasArts? How did this happen? Frown Oh well, Grim Fandango then.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Doom - 09 February 2015 06:58 AM

LucasArts vs. LucasArts? How did this happen? Frown Oh well, Grim Fandango then.

Heh, even worse/better: Tim Schafer vs. Tim Schafer

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

TimovieMan - 09 February 2015 07:00 AM

Heh, even worse/better: Tim Schafer vs. Tim Schafer

More like Tim Schafer & Dave Grossman vs. Tim Schafer Smile But yeah, this is all too easy.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 February 2015 09:04 PM

It was predictable as anything, said Tim’s game is a lock.

Well, people did give him 3 million to make a new one Smile

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I knew this final would be a letdown, since the semifinal between GF and GK was a real final before the final, but this is a flaw of knockout competitions.

Regardless of that, I still think that DotT is superior game to both of these and thus deserves my vote.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

This will be an easy choice for me.
One is IMO the most overrated game in the history of overrated games, and it should never have made it to the finals if you ask me. The other is one of the best games ever made, and one of my personal favourite games.

So my vote goes to: Grim Fandango

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Despite the controls, it’s Grim Fandango

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Day of the Tentacle

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1666

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Day of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Grim Fandango, although not perfect it`s still the best adventure game ever made.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Worthy ending for the tournament. Both games deserve to be here, although Tex and GK would have been worthy candidates in the final too. But yes, Schafer is unstoppable Smile

My last vote goes to the tentacles:

- Day of the Tentacle

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top