• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Is it Ceville?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

The Baron was right (and suspect the Lady is too, “Ceville” was my first thought as well)!

Total Posts: 844

Joined 2021-03-01

PM

Lady K, you are correct.

Player, purveyor, and propagator of smart toys and games for all ages.
Facebook.com/weplayfaves
IG @weplayfaves

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Next:

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

“The Longing”?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, that’s the one, VP.  I finished it last night and have started a replay to aim for a different ending.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

I had four different associations with the art style, but I did not remember seeing the image itself. I thought it could’ve been one of the Submachine games, I haven’t played every single one. But then I came across this title and I thought.. yeah, maybe?

The game surprised me, I thought it would be more like “Gomo”, but it’s something else.

Anyone recognize this charmer?

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

This game had a very confusing cover image. Bit of a medieval WWE/Manowar vibe going on.  In combination with the title, you’d be forgiven to think this is a brawler.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s Chronicles of the Sword, VP.  The colors look so muddy in the screenshots I’ve seen.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

True!

That’s two for two and the board is yours.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 21 August 2021 09:47 PM

Yes, that’s the one, VP.  I finished it last night and have started a replay to aim for a different ending.

Which ending did you get?
I’ve played the game only once and went for what I consider to be the best ending. Watched the other endings on youtube.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I decided to awaken the king.  Despite the simple graphics, it was a powerful ending.  I was saddened by the result, but it wasn’t unexpected, thanks to the face in the cave.  When I got to the end, I waited a bit to see what would happen and was happy to see that I could reset the game.  This time I plan to focus on the well area, if I can get a green mushroom to grow again.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

It’s time for another one.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 24 August 2021 03:08 PM

I decided to awaken the king.  Despite the simple graphics, it was a powerful ending.  I was saddened by the result, but it wasn’t unexpected, thanks to the face in the cave.  When I got to the end, I waited a bit to see what would happen and was happy to see that I could reset the game.  This time I plan to focus on the well area, if I can get a green mushroom to grow again.

Yes, powerful and sad. The entire game had a strong effect on me, one of my alltime favorites. Every day for months I spent some time with my little shade and had him hover in the background as well. When I started playing it was not possible to replay the game. The dev said in the Steam forums that he wanted players to make one irrevocable choice, like in real life. But so many people pleaded with him to let them reset the game that he gave in.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Artistically, I can understand why the developer did it, but I’ve grown emotionally attached to the likable, plucky, and sometimes funny* shade and only want to make things right for him. 

*i.e. “Eternity is overrated.” Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top