• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Zifnab - 08 February 2013 10:03 PM
SweetDalilah - 31 January 2013 07:14 AM

This shouldn’t be too hard to guess:

Well, it was. So hard none of us could even attempt one!

How about another scene then? Smile

Wow, I really thought it would be guessed in a jiffy, since it’s a well known game. I guess I was wrong. Gasp

chrissie - 09 February 2013 09:11 AM

Is the pic from Goin’ Downtown SweetDalilah?

No, sorry chrissie Smile

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Rhiannon?

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Actually, that’s Ripper

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

diego - 09 February 2013 03:10 PM

Actually, that’s Ripper

Yes, the game that has one of my favourite actors (Christopher Walken) and one of my favourite songs in it. Crazy

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If you guess the bird, you’ll guess the game:

SweetDalilah - 09 February 2013 05:55 PM

the game that has one of my favourite actors (Christopher Walken) and one of my favourite songs in it. Crazy

And you still haven’t played it?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

diego - 09 February 2013 06:03 PM
SweetDalilah - 09 February 2013 05:55 PM

the game that has one of my favourite actors (Christopher Walken) and one of my favourite songs in it. Crazy

And you still haven’t played it?

And how could you know if I have played it or not? Gasp Crazy

I’d say Syberia II (which is probably not it), because there was a similar bird I posted from Syberia.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

In some aspect, that’s a good guess, but it’s not Syberia 2 (nor 1).

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I was going to guess Crow from The Longest Journey, but I don’t recognize the shot, and the wingspan is far too great to be Crow… Frown

And Gwaihir from The Lord of the Rings isn’t in any adventure game I know of… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Could be anything. Seagull, Hawk, Eagle, Cormorant, Condor. Albatross, Vulture, Falcon.

‘Guess the bird and you’ll guess the game’... yeah right Confused

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Well, the extremely obvious guess is Amerzone, but that seems too obvious.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Ok, let me put it this way:

Guess the “bird”, and you’ll guess the game. Wink

BTW, both The Longest Journey and Amerzone are good guesses, and when you find out the name of the game you’ll know why. Smile Next screen coming up later.

Total Posts: 4263

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

It could be Dracula 1 (Resurrection) - the scene with Jonathan and Mina flying in Da Vinci’s aeroplane.

EDIT - It is Dracula One:

*corpus delicti picture coming here soon* (blame Photobucket for delay)

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I wonder, for the umpteenth time, how you always manage to come up with the correct answer. How do you do it, Mr. Genius? Okay, so I missed the relevance of Diego’s quotation marks, but that “bird” doesn’t look like a plane at all! And even if I were looking for an adventure with a plane and mountains, it would take me forever to find Dracula.

Flabbergasted.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 10 February 2013 05:55 AM

Dracula 1 (Resurrection)

That’s right, buster! But you’re not gonna find that screenshot easy - I’ve even tried to use the screen capture software, but for some peculiar reason it was impossible to capture the scene, as it would always capture the scene right before the cutscene. I was stubborn to use it, so I called my old friend Youtube.

Anyway, it’s one of the more memorable endings - simple, yet effective. However, I cannot shake the feel that I was missing one “big” puzzle at the end. I had my save game near the end being sure I’m yet to do some more hard work, and hadn’t actually played for a week. Then, I loaded the game and was surprised all I had to do is - click on Mina. Grin

And now you know why both TLJ and Amerzone were close as, amazingly, they were both released at the same year like Dracula. Tongue

Fien - 10 February 2013 06:52 AM

Okay, so I missed the relevance of Diego’s quotation marks, but that “bird” doesn’t look like a plane at all!

I admit it was a little cruel from my side to make you think of the bird species Naughty But I realized that whoever played the game can tie the things up if he/she could only remember that the bird might not be the - bird. Grin

How do you do it, Mr. Genius?

Ah, I’m sure he just looked at my signature.  Wink

Total Posts: 4263

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

I wonder, for the umpteenth time, how you always manage to come up with the correct answer. How do you do it, Mr. Genius?

Flabbergasted.

Dear Flabbergasted , it was simple. Sort of.
First, when put in quotation marks, the bird becomes a plain/flying machine of some sort.
Second, I played Dracula 1.
Third, I am a hell of a Googler.
Just kidding! Just kidding! Believe me! Trust me! Oh…
Fourth, it dawned on me that Diego had recently played the game (but that was in hindsight, it didn’t occur to me before I had guessed what it was; see, I can be stupid too).

diego - 10 February 2013 06:58 AM

you’re not gonna find that screenshot easy

I already did, but can’t show it to you due to Photobucket’s (temporary?) incompetence.
I used YouTube and UltraSnap.

EDIT - Here it is:

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top