• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 1667

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Hi D! Welcome back!

D - 04 July 2014 03:35 PM

Anyway, I’m actually going to try and make my recognition/trivia quizzes a bit easier than I have in the past. There’s nothing wrong with a couple people getting all the answers correct and it seems somehow unfair to have most of the people in a quiz get so few correct for the sake of challenging a few obsessive compulsive extremists (like me). Finding the right balance can be difficult though and I’ll probably fail at it, but I’m going to give it a try.

Is this offer still on? I would really love to see you posting some quizzes, D. That would give something extra to this forum! Smile

Total Posts: 313

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 June 2015 01:12 AM

Hey, D!  Long time no see!  Wrath of the Gods indeed it be.

DarkEye - 02 June 2015 02:30 AM

Hi D! Welcome back!

Yeah, I’ve been gone a while. I simply got completely burnt out on adventure games and needed a break. In fact, it’s been almost a year since I’ve played any. I’m starting to feel a small itch to start up again though so I’ve dropped by to see what was up.

DarkEye - 02 June 2015 02:30 AM

I would really love to see you posting some quizzes, D. That would give something extra to this forum! Smile

I do have an insanely huge and difficult adventure game themed crossword puzzle that’s been rotting on my hard drive for a while I could post if anyone is interested, but nothing with screenshots at the moment. Maybe later.

Anyway, the next shot is actually from a rather obscure game and it might stump a lot of you, but it’s a really awesome game that I feel like posting some shots from. Here are some severed heads in jars…

I’ll give hints pretty quickly if no one knows this one. I don’t want to stall the thread.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

D - 02 June 2015 05:09 PM

I do have an insanely huge and difficult adventure game themed crossword puzzle that’s been rotting on my hard drive for a while I could post if anyone is interested, but nothing with screenshots at the moment. Maybe later.

Reminds of another insane quiz (Riddle me this!) for another insane poster (Bastich), but that is a different story, tho i am glad you are walking in his footsteps.

Seriously now; (Riddle me this!) was one of the most brain buster quizzes I have seen (not just participated at), so i am glad to see ya pulling your 2nd approach toward these kind of unique quizzes. And yea i am in, even if this would stick that ‘shakers law’ to me for good.

————-

Uh, could this image belong to the lastest Dream Machine?, since i haven’t played yet..

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Advie - 02 June 2015 06:32 PM

Uh, could this image belong to the lastest Dream Machine?, since i haven’t played yet..

Nope, it isn’t Dream Machine, but I’m impressed you made the connection to the type of art used. I thought it was still a bit subtle in the first shot. Not so with the second:

Everyone welcome our puppet overlords!

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Is it Blackout, D?

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 1667

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

D - 02 June 2015 05:09 PM

I do have an insanely huge and difficult adventure game themed crossword puzzle that’s been rotting on my hard drive for a while I could post if anyone is interested, but nothing with screenshots at the moment. Maybe later

It’s very hard for me to say “no” to quiz, but due my poor english skills, that would be the best option imo.

I do have an insanely huge and difficult

Especially that part is very scary. Smile
I think this crossword puzzle would be an excellent addition for this year MMFT and I’m sure that zobraks will be more than happy about this.  Naughty

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 June 2015 11:48 PM

Is it Blackout, D?

YES!!  Thumbs Up 

Joined 2014-07-01

PM

DarkEye - 03 June 2015 09:05 AM

It’s very hard for me to say “no” to quiz, but due my poor english skills, that would be the best option imo.

I do have an insanely huge and difficult

Especially that part is very scary. Smile
I think this crossword puzzle would be an excellent addition for this year MMFT and I’m sure that zobraks will be more happy about this.  Naughty

Yeah, a strong command of English is definitely necessary to solve a crossword puzzle of mine. In fact, I bet most native speakers would have to break out a dictionary for some of the words.

Don’t worry though, I have a screenshot quiz theme already in mind for those who prefer more visual tests that I’m working on.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that is Cognition

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You are correct, Advie!  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 June 2015 11:48 PM

Is it Blackout, D?

Hehe, wow, and we come full circle.  I was just commenting on the one game I posted pics of before that stumped everyone, even the mighty Zobraks.  Blackout was the game.  As soon as I saw the pic I knew it, but I logged in too late.  Lady Kestrel is indeed royalty when it comes to guessing these pics. 

Who else has played Blackout?  I found the game very surreal.  Never quite understood it given it was Swedish language only.  But that was never a problem until the end when I could not progress any further and just could not understand what the game wanted from me anymore.  I really liked the graphic style though.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hmmm, bad quality

Image Attachments

1234AG.gif

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

That looks like it could be from Chains Of Satinav Advie

Life is what it is.