• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure game scene… uh, game (continued)

Total Posts: 5608

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

diego - 01 December 2014 01:53 PM

Woodstock doesn’t waste time preparing for Christmas!

I wish I could say the same about his owner.  I’m so far behind I think I’m first. Meh 

Let’s put a little light on the situation:

Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations.

Total Posts: 6595

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That’s the second biggest tapestry I’ve ever seen!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 01 December 2014 05:22 PM

I’ll bite.  Smile  The biggest one is Bayeux?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Karlok - 01 December 2014 05:46 PM

I’ll bite.  Smile  The biggest one is Bayeux?

You learn something everyday!

But:

“The Bayeux Tapestry is embroidered rather than woven, meaning that it is not in fact a tapestry.”

So, no.  Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

It’s called the Bayeux Tapestry. It’s on Wikipedia’s list of famous tapestries. Diego had never heard of the most famous tapestry in the whole wide world.

But I got what I deserved for biting… Frown
Bye bye.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I have an interesting book about the Bayeux tapestry, Karlok, by John Collingwood Bruce.  It has photo panels of all the scenes and explains not only the history depicted but also how the tapestry was made.

diego - 01 December 2014 05:22 PM

I’ll bite.  So what’s the biggest one you’ve ever seen?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, I’ve never heard of Bayeux tapestry until Karlok mentioned it (one more reason to visit Normandy), and I’ve NEVER seen the tapestry larger than that on LK’s secret screenshot! I feel so relieved now. But I’m open to learn. “I always loved history. The Battle of Hastings, Henry VIII and his six knives, all that.”

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lady K, is it Amnesia?

As for tapestries, I went on a big 20-day trip in Spain two months ago and the biggest and most beautiful tapestries I’ve seen were within in the Sevillian Alcazar. Not sure if they were bigger than the 70x0.5 Bayeux one though (surely around the same level).

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Those Spanish tapestries are gorgeous, Sefir!  The screenshot isn’t from Amnesia, however.  Here’s a beautiful door to go with the tapestry:

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

That’s the second biggest do… no, wait, I’m not doing it.

Mozzart?!

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

No, it’s not Mozart.

Hint:  This is a place you could visit now.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 01 December 2014 07:56 PM

OK, I’ve never heard of Bayeux tapestry until Karlok mentioned it (one more reason to visit Normandy), and I’ve NEVER seen the tapestry larger than that on LK’s secret screenshot! I feel so relieved now. But I’m open to learn. “I always loved history. The Battle of Hastings, Henry VIII and his six knives, all that.”

So there was no biggest tapestry? LOL!

Lady Kestrel - 01 December 2014 06:59 PM

I have an interesting book about the Bayeux tapestry, Karlok, by John Collingwood Bruce.  It has photo panels of all the scenes and explains not only the history depicted but also how the tapestry was made.

When I was a student I had three posters of the Bayeux Tapestry on the walls of my small rented room. I have not seen the Tapestry in real life, but my parents did when they were in France. They bought the posters, which I confiscated because I liked them.

Is the place we “could visit now” Neuschwanstein?

Total Posts: 275

Joined 2010-06-03

PM

Dracula?

Total Posts: 2996

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Hmmm. What is this under that tapestry image Lady K? The pointer or some kind of secret purple button?

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Karlok,
The location is in the same country as your favorite tapestry.

So There,
It’s not a Dracula game.

Sefir,
Oops!  I removed that from the second picture but missed it in the first.  It’s not a secret button. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top