• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

adventure games to play with the missus

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-08-08

PM

Hi! I just finished playing Lost Chronicles of Zerzura with my girlfriend and we both really enjoyed it. We had also played Syberia 1 and 2, and loved those as well. It seems I have finally found the formula to get my gf to play adventure games with me, so if anyone can recommend something similar, I’d really appreciate it. I guess what the game should offer is:

- relaxed gameplay (no action, timed events, game overs or dead ends)
- classic point and click control
- third person view
- “illustrated realism” type graphics
- interesting story and plot
- beautiful background art (lots of landscapes)
- allmost exclusively inventory based puzzles
- possibility to travel to different locations

Thanks in advance and excuse me if my english is a little bit rusty. It’s not my native tongue Tongue

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

It sounds like The Longest Journey would be just the right thing for you, it also have a female protagonist which probably wont hurt, and it is number 2 on this site’s top 100 list of the best AG’s ever made.

You might also want to give the Broken Sword series a try, and perhaps the remake of the first Gabriel Knight game, also the Dark Eye series from Daedalic: Chains of Satinav and Memoria might be to your liking.

In fact there are quite a few games that seems to fit what you are looking for, so perhaps you should try browsing through the Top 100 list or the Top Reviewed games, not all are of course the type of game you are looking for, but it should give you some ideas.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

try art of murder!

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I would vote for Book of Unwritten Tales. Great game for two people to play.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Lost Horizon definitely.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I think you will like:
Secret Files
Gray Matter
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Nibiru: Age of Secrets
The Riddle of Master Lu
Lost Horizon

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Iznogood - 01 February 2015 09:39 PM

It sounds like The Longest Journey would be just the right thing for you, it also have a female protagonist which probably wont hurt, and it is number 2 on this site’s top 100 list of the best AG’s ever made.

You might also want to give the Broken Sword series a try, and perhaps the remake of the first Gabriel Knight game, also the Dark Eye series from Daedalic: Chains of Satinav and Memoria might be to your liking.

In fact there are quite a few games that seems to fit what you are looking for, so perhaps you should try browsing through the Top 100 list or the Top Reviewed games, not all are of course the type of game you are looking for, but it should give you some ideas.

I can second this whole post. All these games are very traditional point & click with their gameplay and have an epic adventure feeling.

The Dark Eye series has also very cute romantic (side)plots if you enjoy them. Nothing embarrassing and terribly underlined, I could play them even while my spouse is watching and he’s more of the traditional “shoot and kill stuff” type of player   Tongue.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2013-08-08

PM

Great! Thanks for the replies. I’m definitely going to check all of these out.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

The Whispered World also meets all your criteria.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh yeah Gray Matter too definitely, the whole theme there is very appealing to women. I’m also currently playing The Whispered World and liking it like all the other Daedalic titles. My personal favourite still is Edna & Harvey - The Breakout though, but it has a very different cartoon style and it’s more of a dark and humorous game instead of “adventures in beautiful locations”.

The Blackwell series is also very good if you don’t mind the retro pixel graphics. The story and characters are just superb.

Advie mentioned Art of Murder which is a bit of a mixed bag. Personally I think the third game of the series The Cards of Destiny is a very good adventure. The first one, while it has an interesting plot is quite weak with its gameplay and I was frustrated a lot while playing it. But if you like to complete series, I can recommend the whole series, at least it keeps getting better instead of having a subpar sequel like Still Life did (which is another game that can be recommended).

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2009-04-25

PM

If she wouldn’t mind a spooky game, she might enjoy The Lost Crown. It’s not a perfect fit for everything, but it fits most of them reasonably well, and is a fun game with great atmosphere that seems to appeal to a wide variety of players. Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top