• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefirzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Semifinal 1 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Thank you Caliburn, but to be honest I expected something like this may happen in the late stages of the tournament. Unfortunately I made a mistake counting that absolutely everyone lurking these forums will be honorable and won’t resort to fishing or similar mischiefs and didn’t state the rule explicitly, but as AdorableMogwai said, for a lot of things rules don’t need to be expressly spelled out because it’s a common sense.
Now everything is very clear and I hope we can get over this.

In this kind of tournaments, where relatively few people participate, sudden influx of organized, “foreign” fanbase completely destroys and obliterates everything in matter of minutes, and some effort was still invested into all this. Frown

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Day of the Tentacle is the best adventure game of all time

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Bogi - 08 February 2015 03:07 PM

Thank you Caliburn, but to be honest I expected something like this may happen in the late stages of the tournament. Unfortunately I made a mistake counting that absolutely everyone lurking these forums will be honorable and won’t resort to fishing or similar mischiefs and didn’t state the rule explicitly, but as AdorableMogwai said, for a lot of things rules don’t need to be expressly spelled out because it’s a common sense.
Now everything is very clear and I hope we can get over this.

In this kind of tournaments, where relatively few people participate, sudden influx of organized, “foreign” fanbase completely destroys and obliterates everything in matter of minutes, and some effort was still invested into all this. Frown

What’s a tournament without a little controversy Bogi?  Tongue

I do agree with the thinking and attitude of yourself and Caliburn and, although Lucien21 has pretty much made sure DotT will now go through (he’s no idea what the best game of all time is!  Smile ), it wouldn’t have stood a chance if the Tex Murphy fan base had gotten involved BECAUSE of the tournament and not because they were already members here. There is a pretty large and devoted Tex following which is based within two forums and easy to inform and update. This is one of the reasons (not specifically about Tex) I offered up my compromise solution some time back.
Sad as I am to see Tex go, barring any late miracles, I’m not going to stamp my feet and have a hissy fit. I might even get to try DotT which I’ve never played.
And, although no doubt congratulations will come your way at the end of the tournament, I’m going to post mine here as I think you (and Caliburn) have done an excellent job and provided us all with a lot of fun Thumbs Up

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Jabod - 08 February 2015 03:46 PM

it wouldn’t have stood a chance if the Tex Murphy fan base had gotten involved BECAUSE of the tournament and not because they were already members here.

Any if someone told 1900 members of Sierra Gamers and 600 members of Sierra Chest to support GK? What’s the point, to determine which game has the biggest fan base worldwide?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

diego - 08 February 2015 03:51 PM
Jabod - 08 February 2015 03:46 PM

[it wouldn’t have stood a chance if the Tex Murphy fan base had gotten involved BECAUSE of the tournament and not because they were already members here.

Any if someone told 1900 members of Sierra Gamers and 600 members of Sierra Chest to support GK? What’s the point, to determine which game has the biggest fan base worldwide?

Not at all Diego. I was just making what I thought was a valid point (which looks like it was incorrect - I’m happy to live and learn Smile ). You do add to my overall reasoning though if you take the whole of my original post into account.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Thank you Jabod much appreciated! Wink

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Voting for this match has ended.

Semifinal 1

'Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive         23 
Day of the Tentacle                        24