• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I need a clarification about the ending of Sherlock Holmes: The silver earring - ATTENTION SPOILERS

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-01-09

PM

As per title - just a bit: the moments shortly after the shot.
In particular:
- why did the accomplice (Jeffries) need to crawl under the tables in the big room right after the shot? I absolutely do not understand why he had to hide…
- the assassin (Lt. Herrington) is said to be intent on keeping the door closed, thus preventing others to reach the corridors. But… that’s just ONE door… what about the others (for example the one where Miss Lavinia was, and what about the 2 leading to the room adjacent to the big room)
- didn’t anyone become aware of the temporary absence of (no matter if fake or not fake) Lt.Herrington in the minutes (yes, Holmes talked about “minutes”) he was not among the crowd? Ok, maybe this one is justified by the confusion and panic caused by the tragic event… but… it’s MINUTES, not SECONDS!

If any of you played the game but doesn’t remember the ending, here’s a video:

(from minute 8.30 onwards)

I’d be very grateful if you understood that bit and share with me your thoughts: it’d make me fully appreciate what would be a very clever murder mystery…

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I watched the video again, and it’s been years since I played this game, so I don’t remember any of the details, unfortunately. I’m afraid I don’t have any answers for you. Crawling under the tables must have had something to do with disguising the fact that there were two people pretending to be just one person. But then the entire plot rested on convincing the serving staff to arrange the tables a certain way and make the tablecloths so long they almost touched the ground. You’d think someone would have noticed a person getting under the table and then re-emerging.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2015-01-09

PM

Thank you very much for your answer.
Yes,one would think the only reason to crawl under the tables would be the one you mention, i.e. to avoid being recognised as two identical characters in the big room.
But I am pretty sure, there was no such moment mentioned or suggested by the ending video. It seems to me that the actor crawls under the tables and reappears near the second side door, pretending to be hit by the crowd, then knocking on that door to let the accomplice know it was him.
The whole scenario is too important for the credibility of the entire plot, yet by the looks of it, it seems it is totally nonsensical…unless someone magically explains it - I hope so.
And yes, no one noticing him going under the tables is probably too far fetched!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Maybe the perpetrators were relying on the invisible gorilla effect.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top