• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The most ridiculous puzzle you’ve ever witnessed

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 26 November 2017 06:18 PM

My guess is that “Ploink” is the sound of a metal shovel blade hitting a human skull. In this case, I think the poster had your skull in mind when creating the sound effect.

Ploink or plonk is another one of those old Usenet terms that nobody here seems familiar with. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plonk_(Usenet)

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I read the article, but prefer my interpretation. That said, Kill-as-in-kill the messenger by deletion - Plonk, is not that different from Kill-as-in-shovel blade to head Ploink. And Ploink does have that nice metalic sound to it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

The most ridiculous “puzzle” I ever encountered was in The Fifth Disciple
where you had to chop off your own head.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 26 November 2017 07:34 PM

I read the article, but prefer my interpretation. That said, Kill-as-in-kill the messenger by deletion - Plonk, is not that different from Kill-as-in-shovel blade to head Ploink. And Ploink does have that nice metalic sound to it.

You can have all the Ploink fantasies you want, as long as you leave me out of it.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you jump in and then say leave me Nah nah naaah.. Fuuuuu!

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Karlok is the type of gal that comes to smirk at you after you slip and fall on ice. when accused of something comes with well crafted arguments, explanations and links to other threads so you can understand the full context.
I guess this will teach me to keep my mouth shut.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

in Gabriel Knight 1 - there was a puzzle involving a mime in a park - worst puzzle I have ever solved.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Abnaxus - 01 December 2017 06:34 PM
Karlok - 26 November 2017 04:48 PM
Advie - 26 November 2017 04:39 PM

yeah (i am not using spoilers everyone must read this).

Ploink!

Karlok is the type of gal that comes to smirk at you after you slip and fall on ice.

Excuse me?

Advie posts spoilers without spoiler tags, even says he REFUSES to use spoiler tags. My response was to announce I will stop reading him (= ploink), because he doesn’t respect the rule that we don’t spoil other people’s fun. And I don’t want to have my potential fun spoiled. Like I have said so many times before here. Then one of the mods put spoiler tags on Advie’s spoilers. Then I explained the term “ploink” to somebody else and told him to leave me out of his incorrect interpretation of my use of the term “ploink”. Then you accuse me of “smirking”.

Smirking at what? Please do tell me.

BTW, that pic from Bad Mojo means “Please use spoiler tags”, as explained in another thread about emoticons. https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/10235/#141765

Also see https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/10063/

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Abnaxus - 01 December 2017 06:34 PM

Karlok is the type of gal that comes to smirk at you after you slip and fall on ice. when accused of something comes with well crafted arguments, explanations and links to other threads so you can understand the full context.

Yes, facts are important to me. I thought you might have gotten the order of the events wrong and might have concluded that I posted after one of the mods had added spoiler tags. Unfortunately likes and dislikes at AG are usually much more important than facts. I wasn’t smirking, I made it clear I was annoyed that for the umpteenth time this year someone posted spoilers. I know, my denial won’t convince you of anything. That’s okay, I don’t mind. Do join the We Hate Karlok Club, it’s already a pretty big one.

I guess this will teach me to keep my mouth shut.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Karlok - 02 December 2017 09:56 AM

Do join the We Hate Karlok Club, it’s already a pretty big one.

Also feel free to join the Karlok Fan club. We get together a few times a year.  Thumbs Up

Image Attachments

franziska.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

LOL! Nice whip.  Cool

I’m sure my mission in my next life will be to be as kind, warm, loving, supportive, empathic, sympathetic as humanly possible. Still have to finish this life first…

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Henke - 02 December 2017 05:47 PM
Karlok - 02 December 2017 09:56 AM

Do join the We Hate Karlok Club, it’s already a pretty big one.

Also feel free to join the Karlok Fan club. We get together a few times a year.  Thumbs Up

...and to enter you must make a joke about Advie Tongue .

Truth be told guys, I really like you both and all the veterans of this forum, Advie because is the most passionate and Karlok because she is funny and sarcastic.

But enough off topic: The most stupid puzzle I encountered is that from Deponia were you have to lower the in game volume to hear a knocking on a door.  Pan

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I still think the monkey as a monkey wrench Monkey Island 2 (?) is the most ridiculous. I never in a million years would have gotten that. but, it was clever and the game was awesome so I can forgive that.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

There have been badly designed puzzles I’ve hated (more than one of these were in Syberia 2, for instance). There have been puzzles which were actually broken (The puzzle in Keepsake with the riddles - I don’t know of anyone else who solved it without using a walkthrough).

But the stupidest, most ridiculous?
In Grim Fandango there is a puzzle that needs you to use one inventory object on another. It’s fairly obvious what you need to do.

But the interface doesn’t allow you to use one inventory object on another.

SO YOU HAVE TO FIND THE RIGHT PLACE TO PUT ONE OF THEM DOWN FIRST.

Gah.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Phlebas - 04 December 2017 05:39 AM

But the stupidest, most ridiculous?
In Grim Fandango there is a puzzle that needs you to use one inventory object on another. It’s fairly obvious what you need to do.

But the interface doesn’t allow you to use one inventory object on another.

SO YOU HAVE TO FIND THE RIGHT PLACE TO PUT ONE OF THEM DOWN FIRST.

Gah.

i totally have forgotten about this, but i remember feeling like the dev gwas iving me the finger saying i won’t change my interface! you are the one one who needs to change and forget about every other adventure game you have had played before… and then an evil laugh follows!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top