• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 30 December 2017 05:11 PM

Some Devs top 10

https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/rami-ismails-top-10-games-of…/1100-5677/

https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/yoko-taros-top-10-games-of-2017/1100-5656/

Yoko Taro naming Animal Crossing Pocket Camp best game? lol
Sweary65 also liked it
https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/swery65s-top-10-games-of-2017/1100-5654/

Other developers

Erik Wolpaw is worth for the fun writing (please come back to games…)
https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/erik-wolpaws-top-10-games-of-2017/1100-5658/

Phil Fish likes Echo
https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/phil-fishs-2017-game-of-the-year/1100-5696/
edit

nomadsoul - 30 December 2017 05:11 PM

New Daytona? wilco dream lives

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409250

Ever since Nagoshi became head with new vision , some great decisions
FoTNS, Vakyria4, Bayo3, new Yak with new hero, Daytona , Vanquish PC etc
Resoffate remaster and revival please with Vanquish2

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 30 December 2017 07:49 PM

Sweary65 also liked it

Taro has been making animal crossing posts like anything in his own weird way
His perspective of AC is as crazy as himself, so pretty understandable

Swery mentioned Hob Thumbs Up
And wtf is Tokyo Tattoo girls, looks like you found a game for your Vita Wink 
Swery’s , never change

Wolf guy also knows wats up

Prey,evilwithin2 and nier(mentioning Ikaruga)

https://www.giantbomb.com/articles/jens-matthies-top-10-games-of-2017/1100-5655/

Edit

Days gone 2018 confirmed then, gow, spidey, daysgone and detroit all this year
MS should hurry with some proper AAA games
Ninty will be fine if they drop MP4, Bayo3, Smashbros remaster/sequel and NMH

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/sony-confirms-days-gone-way-sooner-think/

Although there is no release month at the moment, Yoshida has stated the game is currently playable from start to finish in its current state, and all that is left is the fine tuning and polishing the overall quality of the game. This may catch some off guard as many were speculating that the game wouldn’t see release until 2019. We know now that isn’t the case, and it is good to see that development is progressing rather smoothly, and will likely come out sooner rather than later.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Now the lists for most anticipated games of 2018 showing up

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-01-02-the-50-most-exciting-games-of-2018

A lot of that stuff will probably not be 2018 (Psychonauts 2, Last of Us 2, Metroid Prime 4, Kingdom Hearts 3, etc) so it doesn’t seem like next year will be as good as 2017. A lot of stuff to announce with a tendency to shorter period between announcement and release.

Of the confirmed I’m looking forward to God of War now, not much else, maybe Vampyr. RDR2 should be good be but I already have already too much open-world backlog and Rockstar is mostly about online now.

nomadsoul - 31 December 2017 04:23 PM

MS should hurry with some proper AAA games

Probably not many exclusives, they are betting on PUBG and stuff like that.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 02 January 2018 08:42 AM

so it doesn’t seem like next year will be as good as 2017

Wut , here is the lowdown of games around same ballpark and more to compensate

Yak6 - yak0, kiwami
Nier - Granblue and Bayo3 will be better in gameplay atleast
Horizon - gow
Inj2,Tek6 - Dball, SC6
P5 - Combined powers of Catherine,Nino2, Valk4, code vein etc Smile
Nioh - MHW
knack2 - dreams
A way out - Hellblade
Finch - Detroit
lost legacy - New TR

3rdparty
Fc5 - ASO
Dronpa3 - 428
Rdr2- Zelda Smile
2 Beth games with announce drop, one probably Doom2
Sotc remake - Okami hd
Guacamelee2 - Mario
More icing than 2017

Biomutant
Rune beta coming soon, so hopefully 2018
Darksiders3 and Metro my 2 fav series
Spidey will move alot of ps4 units
DaysGone gonna be sleeper hit

Not counting MP4, NMH, Ori2,FoTNS(US), which could land this year, probably more i am missing
Like we could also have our mightyno9 with Bloodstained hope not Tongue

And above all if Fromsoftware will drop SDTwice
Cry

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

There are also smaller games like:
Concrete Genie, Fe, The Gardens Between, Return of the Obra Dinn (if it finally comes out), Wattam (game from Katamari Damaci creator), Wargames (Sam Barlow’s follow up to Her Story), Griftlands (Klei’s awesome looking game):

and let’s not forget this beauty:

Yeah I am with nomad, if half of these land in 2018, there won’t be hours in the day to finish all of them. Backlog keeps growing Frown

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Part of lack of excitement is due to lack of time to play most of it, still a lot of the big hitters are still on the backlog.
Can’t be excited for DQ11 if have not played P5, same for Yakuza and nothing seems as cool as Nier.
But still doubt will see a string of very well reviewed and original games like this year. Indie will probably have soem good stuff like always now, just hope there’s something like Hellblade.

Nomad, don’t think Bayo3 will come out this year or GranBlue in the west (this year at least). And I hope Dreams is better than Knack Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 02 January 2018 07:44 PM

Nomad, don’t think Bayo3 will come out this year or GranBlue in the west (this year at least). And I hope Dreams is better than Knack Smile

Dude

Yu is teasing Shenmue3 rel this year too, with remakes as well

Platinum rel atleast one game in west per year, so hoping, i am sure ninty will push Bayo3, if there wont be bayo,mp4,nmh then switch will look ugly bad this year
They must have some hidden cards
MP missed wiiu gen so might be far along, bayo3 probably started immediately after bayo2

If dreams fail, concrete genie will definitely be better

There wont be a legit game to top Prey or Echo though, it would need far too much out of the box approach for later

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Going to wait on the rumoured January Nintendo Direct to see what’s up for this year, they had such a big 2017 that they might not have much besides Kirby, Yoshi and some WiiU ports.
Indies are making bank on the Switch so at least I expect a lot of them there at least. Big 3rd party I have no idea, Ubi at least after the success of Mario/Rabbids and Bethesda if Skyrim/Doom had decent sales.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Yes Doom closing in 100k, thats huge, if ltd would be 300k thats a good profit from downport

New psn sales are up, finally grabbed Battlechasers for 20

New Nino2 vid, combat is huge step up from Nino1
Gonna wait on this, March has yak6, wayout and gow near by…wallet getting killed

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 03 January 2018 11:26 PM

Yes Doom closing in 100k, thats huge, if ltd would be 300k thats a good profit from downport

New psn sales are up, finally grabbed Battlechasers for 20

New Nino2 vid, combat is huge step up from Nino1
Gonna wait on this, March has yak6, wayout and gow near by…wallet getting killed

Battle system seems like a big departure from the original. Not sure if I am sold yet, based on what Eurogamer were saying:

Here are four games you might have expected to see on this list, but we have reason to doubt their quality:

Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom is a sequel to one of our favourite JRPGs, but that game’s distinctive charm and rewarding battle system both seem absent

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m not sure I understand qhat is going on in that NiNoKuni2 demo but the game looks incredible.

SoccerDude28 - 03 January 2018 11:58 PM

Here are four games you might have expected to see on this list, but we have reason to doubt their quality:

Ni no Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom is a sequel to one of our favourite JRPGs, but that game’s distinctive charm and rewarding battle system both seem absent

I hadn’t noticed that part of the article but this made me laugh

Detroit: Become Human is a typical mix of pulp and self-seriousness from David Cage, but a recent showing suggests he has strayed too far into hot water

The war on David Cage continues over there after the interview… Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Too bad Nino2 isnt switch xclusive starring link and kirby
And equally bad that Detroit doesnt have gay black lead

polygon, kotaku and eurogamer are full on Anita tier leftist propaganda and when you check their gameplay vids playing games, its apparent why they hate what they hate

In other news, indian guy left ndog for CD(Avengers)

Shaun Escayg, the creative director of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, has left Naughty Dog after seven years, the developer announced.

“Seven years ago I joined the talented team at Naughty Dog on a project still in its infancy, The Last Of Us,” Escayg said in a tweet. “Well, the rest is history. Left Behind, Uncharted 4 were fleeting and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy pushed my creative growth even further—I will miss all my dogs.”

In an Instagram post, Escayg shared an image of The Avengers logo with the text “To new adventures—bring it 2018!,” suggesting he is moving to Crystal Dynamics to work on their upcoming The Avengers project

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Epic af, lots of content , thats how you make launch tempting

Edit

Nice range of moveset

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Have to admit, it looks and sounds good, team has talent enough to continue MGS series, just hire writer

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Nvidia Big Format Gaming Display.

65” monitor 4K HDR

The BFGD

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top