• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Switch launch is dud in UK

Also in UK Horizon outsold Zelda, best new IP launch ever Thumbs Up

UK knows wats up

250k - PS4
165k - PS3
150k - XB1
113k - 3DS
105k - Wii
80k - Switch
70k - 360
40k - Wii U

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

It’s double what the Wii U was so that’s encouraging. It’s also sold out in most places so maybe there wasn’t much more than 80k available. Amazon, GAME, Argos, Nintendo all out of stock. You can’t buy something that isn’t there.

Also comparing Zelda sales to PS4 is kinda lopsided. As stated 80k sales of hardware means even a 1:1 take up has Zelda at 80k sales. PS4 has approx 6 million units in the UK so more possibility for Horizon to sell more.

So not necessarily a Dud just yet.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lucien21 - 06 March 2017 02:46 PM

It’s double what the Wii U was so that’s encouraging. It’s also sold out in most places so maybe there wasn’t much more than 80k available. Amazon, GAME, Argos, Nintendo all out of stock. You can’t buy something that isn’t there.

Also comparing Zelda sales to PS4 is kinda lopsided. As stated 80k sales of hardware means even a 1:1 take up has Zelda at 80k sales. PS4 has approx 6 million units in the UK so more possibility for Horizon to sell more.

It just feels Nintendo always does this to show that there is lots of demand. Every Nintendo console launch seems to sell out, so you’d think they would learn and manufacture more, but I think it is on purpose.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 07 March 2017 01:15 AM

It just feels Nintendo always does this to show that there is lots of demand. Every Nintendo console launch seems to sell out, so you’d think they would learn and manufacture more, but I think it is on purpose.

Its more than dud

Grin

Wilco hold on to your wiiu

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Best console launch ever in France, best Nintendo launch in Germany, Japan also did good. Kind of surprising considering we are in March and without lots of games.
Hopefully those the multiple problems reports will be corrected by the end of year- if Mario does come out and depending of E3 might be the time I’m interested in getting one.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nier Automata reviews - 90 metacritic. At this point its just depressing watching all these game Neutral pre-ordered the limited version with the Tshirt

Ghost Recon: Wildlands also reviewing well but not many reviews yet

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 07 March 2017 10:18 AM

Best console launch ever in France, best Nintendo launch in Germany, Japan also did good. Kind of surprising considering we are in March and without lots of games.
Hopefully those the multiple problems reports will be corrected by the end of year- if Mario does come out and depending of E3 might be the time I’m interested in getting one.

That Zelda bait, my hunch is it will be total dud till some boos after Mario in fall then dead again just like Wiiu occasional spikes, unless its the only portable to carry on in future then 3ds segment will hop onto it too

And thats without AntiAliasing . seriously how its current gen console, at this rate all 3rd parties game will be super giped, and i hope BGE2 is not Switch xclusive

98 MC doesnt count framerate nowadays

Its Ps3 skyrim all over again

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

nomadsoul - 07 March 2017 07:51 AM
SoccerDude28 - 07 March 2017 01:15 AM

Its more than dud

Grin

Wilco hold on to your wiiu

Like every other console launch. They all have problems from the Red ring of Death to PS4’s Blue light issue.

Being a Early Adopter is full of risk and issues.

Hence it’s one of the reasons I’m holding back even though I desperatly want to play Zelda.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Its actually funny how they dragged last gen release to use it as a bait for Switch
If Zelda was rel on Wiiu year back , where would switch be right now

Genius bait imho

Btw Redring prolonged after launch and Switch problems are not just main hardware related
Joycons to dock all are cheap plastic work, Nintendo use most cheap stuff in their hardware, always cost cutting
Also highest offender of conflict minerals

Personally i am hoping for Ninty loss for that reason only…hope they loose with switch

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 08 March 2017 03:26 AM

Its actually funny how they dragged last gen release to use it as a bait for Switch
If Zelda was rel on Wiiu year back , where would switch be right now

Genius bait imho

It worked for the Gamecube/Wii so why not doing it again? As day 1 Wii owner that never got a Gamecube I was happy to get a good launch game. As WiiU owner it sucks having to wait more time for the release of a new console. At least they don’t cancel the previous gen version.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 08 March 2017 04:14 AM

It worked for the Gamecube/Wii so why not doing it again? As day 1 Wii owner that never got a Gamecube I was happy to get a good launch game. As WiiU owner it sucks having to wait more time for the release of a new console. At least they don’t cancel the previous gen version.

Wrong on that one, GC had Windwaker which still looks better than Botw ironically
Wiiu had no Zelda and nor Metroid, nuthin…

I was GC, Wii and Wiiu owner and taking whole console cycle to rel major titles like Zelda and Metroid as a bait is obnoxious practice

Now its even worse that we are getting one zelda and no metroid from 2 zeldas and 2 metroids we used to get in past

I think its total Ninty fanboy effect here, people who can give a pass on these practices, cheap product, 500$ console with necessary accessories for such a cheap plastic , under powered than xb1…running wiiu game on 20fps at times and just one title till fall…and shitty library of indies , paywall online

If you gonna burn money for as cheap looking game as zelda after even Order or first lineup of ps4 titles(i.e not being sensitive to graphics), one might as well pass up some slight texture difference of wiiu and get wiiu version on sale, for 200$

As docked Switch version framerate wise already dips to 20 fps where it should have been 60fps
Which means Nintendo is gonna make remaster on switch successor which they did with their all past titles since they always had vacuum in library

Its funny how ninty gets a pass on graphics and tech as a defacto and same aspects become a priority in other games on ps4 or xb1

TLG looks like ps3, yeah but zelda can look like GC but gets a pass…
Which is just bonkers and hypocritical for all Ninty lovers out there

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Not re7,nier or horizon but this Smile

http://i.imgur.com/1vDj5nX.png

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Poor mans horizon , utter crap combat and engine

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

man wat shitshow nintendo is

seriously

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

nomadsoul - 08 March 2017 04:31 AM

TLG looks like ps3, yeah but zelda can look like GC but gets a pass…
Which is just bonkers and hypocritical for all Ninty lovers out there

Twilight Princess wasn’t subject to a 10 year development process and released in the middle of next gen’s product life cycle. Add to that Zelda has a huge established fanbase and Wii’s selling point wasn’t graphic prowess.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top