• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

That win10 handheld sounds uber cool, all them indies on the go.
Thats Thimbleweed, ori and Hyperlight on mobile.
Why this never became a thing in past?

Ratchet is getting all the love, looks stellar, Wat Insomniac ate suddenly?
Letitdie resurfaces and looks good, playable at pax.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

It begins

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1209490

400 plus 450 vr plus games plus….

My arguments against pc gaming getting backfired, dunno the stance behind new consoles upgrading
4k tvs can wait.
But wat about expenses.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

The next generation of consoles needs to seriously think about bringing a unified platform. If i buy something on the psn i want to be able to play it on the ps4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. I do not want to rebuy it at inflated prices. And i do not want to own a console where most of the games worth playing could be owned on a different platform for a much better deal. If i buy a game on android 6.0, i know i will get support for it on 7.0 without rebuying. Consoles need to follow this if they expect me to buy them Tongue

But with the 4.5, as has been with things like: the dsi, and new 3ds, or the n64 expansion…. it will probably see very limited developer support for exclusive content. (or i guess no exclusive games at all). Regardless of what anybody says around launch.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The weird thing is that so much has been said/leaked about the PS4.5/4K/Neo without Sony actually saying anything. Could they be leaking on purpose to see the reactions?
I’m going to wait until e3 to see what really is about but seems to be mostly about better perfomance for demanding VR and no exclusive games will be launched for it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sony seems to be soft switching into Steam machine stuff.
PSN will be all purpose single steam account.
If this will work we wont see ps5 as Shuhei hinted.
Price points are issue here and i wonder how old models would stackup, for old and new customers alike.
Its good for opinion leaders, VR and 4k sales, but have to see consumer reaction as a whole.
At this rate we could see VR 1.5 sooner on 4k.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sony steam machine confirmed, Persona5 coming to pc.
With few xclusives i think there is hardly PS4 titles to switch from pc.
Things tranformed pretty quickly or ps4 units selling more than pc units making sony carefree.
Or Sony just want console space dominance.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

the pc announcement for p5 was a hoax apparently.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The PS4.5 is retarded. The main advantage of consoles is having one hardware that is uniform to develop for. Now, devs need to worry about supporting 4K and the regular SKU. Also if games later on look better on normal HDTVs on PS4.5 than they do on PS4, they would have screwed up the early adopters, basically Sony’s biggest fans. It’s Sony trying to shove 4K down consumers throats like they did with 3D tvs although no one is biting. HDTVs already look amazing(I mean just look at Ratchet and Clank running on the PS4) without needing to pay another 2K+ for yet another TV. I already have an upgradeable console. It’s called a PC.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 23 April 2016 09:05 PM

The PS4.5 is retarded. The main advantage of consoles is having one hardware that is uniform to develop for. Now, devs need to worry about supporting 4K and the regular SKU. Also if games later on look better on normal HDTVs on PS4.5 than they do on PS4, they would have screwed up the early adopters, basically Sony’s biggest fans. It’s Sony trying to shove 4K down consumers throats like they did with 3D tvs although no one is biting. HDTVs already look amazing(I mean just look at Ratchet and Clank running on the PS4) without needing to pay another 2K+ for yet another TV. I already have an upgradeable console. It’s called a PC.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1211033

Still Devs will have double work from now, with different patches, optiimizations and watnot for different skus.
Gow, Dtroit and others will look stellar on one model , pushing hardcore to sell old model.
Some online games will be better on new one too, eventually hurting old users,
so they had to switch too.
Its a soft secret switch, if not today , tomorrow.
I am eager to see how old models will die out.
Uptill now bloodborne ,ratchet ,order, uc4 are just 4 xclusives that stood out on ps4 vanilla.
Other promises are yet to come and will look better on new promised model.

I mean deepdown is now promised for ps4k, same for gow.
Re7 to GT all will be better on ps4k.
Noway gamers like wilco will miss Destiny2 on ps4k at 60fps. Wink

New era of comparison videos.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Anyone preordering overwatch on ps4, please share extra key for open beta that you will get along with digital preorder.

Thanks.
Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Nioh Demo up on uk store.
Onimusha Ninjagaiden Darksouls hybrid, more difficult than Dsouls.
More deep , stance based melee combat, true samurai stuff.
Team ninja and hayashi shits on itagaki from great height with this and doax3.
After disappointing Ds3, i found my next love.
Try it , demo will expire on may5th.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

What we really need is cloud gaming where your console is essentially a streaming device. All your games, saves and mods would exist in some data centre. That would eliminate the need to upgrade consoles in the first place and games could also be set to the highest possible visual settings - there would be no limitations other than your Internet connection.

Until that time, we’re stuck with these really impractical business models that are unfortunately successful.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 24 April 2016 01:12 PM

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1211033

Still Devs will have double work from now, with different patches, optiimizations and watnot for different skus.
Gow, Dtroit and others will look stellar on one model , pushing hardcore to sell old model.
Some online games will be better on new one too, eventually hurting old users,
so they had to switch too.
Its a soft secret switch, if not today , tomorrow.
I am eager to see how old models will die out.
Uptill now bloodborne ,ratchet ,order, uc4 are just 4 xclusives that stood out on ps4 vanilla.
Other promises are yet to come and will look better on new promised model.

I mean deepdown is now promised for ps4k, same for gow.
Re7 to GT all will be better on ps4k.
Noway gamers like wilco will miss Destiny2 on ps4k at 60fps. Wink

New era of comparison videos.

I think the problem is that this is really unnecessary. No developer has come forward and complained how the PS4 is lacking in power. Ratchet and Clank looks almost like a Pixar movie, and I just finished Far Cry Primal and it looks amazing. This is the first iteration on this hardware for a lot of devs. Can you imagine what naughty dog will do with the hardware in a few years? We all know that devs can squeeze in much better performance towards the end of the console cycle (Though Uncharted 4 already looks great). All they are doing with this is pissing off consumers, and annoying devs, and chipping away at the goodwill they had in this generation that made them the leader.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top