• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Question about Broken Sword…

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Is it ok if I play Broken Sword 5 after I finish the first game?

Or will there be plot gaps if I skip 2,3 and 4? Tongue

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Foinikas - 09 September 2014 01:48 PM

Is it ok if I play Broken Sword 5 after I finish the first game?

Or will there be plot gaps if I skip 2,3 and 4? Tongue

Each game has a complete story Foinikas so there won’t be plot gaps!

Total Posts: 6591

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Actually, I wouldn’t recommend to play it in that order simply because the fifth installment was made with first in mind, or in other words - to “replicate” the first part (Paris streets, cafe, witnessing the crime, going to Spanish hacienda and to the middle East…) even though BS5 stands on its own ground as well. You have no reason to skip BS2 - it’s close to the original, with a “lighthearted” twist to it (think of it as BS1 meets Monkey Island). You also have no reason to skip BS3 (well, you have - pushing crates and keyboard controls) because it’s a fantastic game, of high qualities in every key element. As for BS4, it’s your call (mainly if you’re, by then, a BS fan).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5838

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 09 September 2014 03:08 PM

Actually, I wouldn’t recommend to play it in that order simply because the fifth installment was made with first in mind, or in other words - to “replicate” the first part (Paris streets, cafe, witnessing the crime, going to Spanish hacienda and to the middle East…) even though BS5 stands on its own ground as well. You have no reason to skip BS2 - it’s close to the original, with a “lighthearted” twist to it (think of it as BS1 meets Monkey Island). You also have no reason to skip BS3 (well, you have - pushing crates and keyboard controls) because it’s a fantastic game, of high qualities in every key element. As for BS4, it’s your call (mainly if you’re, by then, a BS fan).

My way of thinking diego is that Foinikas after playing BS5 will go back & play those won’t you Foinikas?  Laughing

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Well here’s the thing:

A gazillion years ago,back in the 90s,I had a demo of Broken Sword 2 for PSX.I don’t remember if I finished it back then,adventure games were known to me from PC magazines and friends,I only got a PC in 2001 and started playing adventure games on my own probably around 2008 or so.

Anyway,I got the first two Broken Sword games in that cheap edition for new computers and I got the other 2 games free from the greek PC Master magazine.

Now,I’m playing BS1 seriously(no more long-time breaks from it for months etc.)and since I had started Runaway 1 last summer,BS 5,kind of reminded me of that one.Yes I know BS 5 is brand new and different….but…that’s the reason that I wanna try it so much.

I was thinking…what if I finish BS 1 first and then start BS 5? Are there any…huge gaps in story? I’m sure George and Nico evolve their relationship,I mean…I bet they do,although it wouldn’t surprise me if their relationship stayed idle either,when thinking about Nicole’s relatively…errr…cold…umm…attitude.

But other than that there’s not any groundbreaking plot that will make me go like “Whoa…what happened?What did I miss?” is there?

Arghhhh….I adore the 2D style graphics and all,it’s the “early 2000s” style 3D graphics in adventures that confuse me.

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Foinikas - 09 September 2014 04:51 PM

I was thinking…what if I finish BS 1 first and then start BS 5? Are there any…huge gaps in story? I’m sure George and Nico evolve their relationship,I mean…I bet they do,although it wouldn’t surprise me if their relationship stayed idle either,when thinking about Nicole’s relatively…errr…cold…umm…attitude.

The relationship between George and Nico sort of resets between each game and they also don’t age. It of course doesn’t completely start from scratch each time, and there are also some recurring minor characters and references to previous games, but I would still say that of all the AG series that exists, Broken Sword is the one that would suffer least from being played out of order.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top