• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Best Tablet for AG

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2014-05-22

PM

I think that tablets are great devices for AG (very fast to move around, point and click)

I have an IPad and so far so good for AG. I have played MI and MI2 SE and started with Walking Dead and The Wolf among us.
I also tried with ScummVM and games like Curse of Monkey Island that runs superb but I miss some newer games.

It seems that the new Surface 3 (or even 2) could be the perfect tablet for AG since it runs a Windows so you can practically run almost all “big” AGs.

It would be great to be able to play adventures like Grim Fandango, the Longest Journey, Still Life and Sherlock Holmes (maybe LA Noire is too much).

Have you tried the Surface tablet? What are your experiences with AG in tablets?

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

aerojavo - 02 June 2014 07:49 PM

I think that tablets are great devices for AG (very fast to move around, point and click)

I have an IPad and so far so good for AG. I have played MI and MI2 SE and started with Walking Dead and The Wolf among us.
I also tried with ScummVM and games like Curse of Monkey Island that runs superb but I miss some newer games.

It seems that the new Surface 3 (or even 2) could be the perfect tablet for AG since it runs a Windows so you can practically run almost all “big” AGs.

It would be great to be able to play adventures like Grim Fandango, the Longest Journey, Still Life and Sherlock Holmes (maybe LA Noire is too much).

Have you tried the Surface tablet? What are your experiences with AG in tablets?

I have a Surface Pro, the first one. The only downside is battery life (though this is really only a problem with the first 1, not the 2 or 3), other than that I think it is by far THE best tablet for adventure gaming - you get access to basically EVERYTHING - including say old games on GOG.

I love the fact that I can do everything on it, and play whatever game I want on it. Android or iPad you are limited to what games get ported to them; but Surface Pro will have access to the best library of adventure games.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Windows tablets have some drawbacks:

1) Most Windows software is not touch orientated - this can be a problem with touch windows units.

2) To solve this I use a PC Netbook - same size as a tablet - but still has a small keyboard. Most stores sell small laptops and almost anything will work on them.

3) The ipad mini I have and adore. It has the amazing retina display which is striking. I also have 128 GB storage.

THis unit uses touch controls in ALL of it’s games which for some adventures really helps. I have 36 adventure games on my ipad with hundreds more waiting to be played.

So - make your choices - I chose ipad and netbook and could not be happier.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2014-05-22

PM

Yes, iPad is great. I just wish that it has all the same AGs than PC (impossible).

For me tablets are the perfect devices for AGs. You can run all your AGs right away, move it to another place to think more(?) and you don’t need a keyboard often.

I have a notebook and it is not the same. It generally bulky, noisy, big, etc. Maybe a netbook/ultrabook could do the trick.

@Toefur How do you play your windows AG in the Surface? Can you emulate the mouse with the touch interface or you need to use the keyboard/trackpad?

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

I’ve been looking for a tablet like that recently, and I’m gonna settle on Razer Edge Pro. Yeah, sure, it’s a little pricey, but I’m really looking forward to games like The Vanishing of Ethan Carter or the new Sherlock Holmes game, so the hardware does wonders to me.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top