• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Sefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

I love seeing the genre alive and kicking again, what i miss though

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

And that is how the old games gave so much background detail on anything and everything you clicked. Whether a caption box, or a small narrative…there was always something to read or learn on “every” thing you were seeing on screen.

Now some games might do that to some degree still, but I still haven’t found one recently that does it as good as the old P&C games did.

Now I have a ton im still planning to get to, like Heroines Quest for example and maybe they have this aspect in their game.

Im also currently playing Chains of Satinav and I absolutely adore this game, and it has “some” object descriptions, but still not to the degree that I was always used to and enjoyed so much.

But I cant say enough how happy I am to see one of my all time favorite genres really kicking out some games again.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

You should try Edna and harvey The Breakout - lots of interactions

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

There is actually far more great games being released right now than I have time to play.

Some recently released games may wait for quite sometime before I can find the time to play them.

However, I’d rather have too many than too few.

The aggies this year are going to be interesting.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Yep edna and harvey the breakout does that as well (or better) as any game ever has. Theres dozens (hundreds?) of lines for incorrectly combining items.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zane - 30 May 2014 06:51 AM

Yep edna and harvey the breakout does that as well (or better) as any game ever has. Theres dozens (hundreds?) of lines for incorrectly combining items.

Oh yes, hundreds and hundreds. Smile Every single object can be combined with every other object. I went to GOG just now to check how well Tesla Effect was doing and I was shocked that Edna is in the very last position on the best-selling list of adventures. At #169. Rock bottom.  Cry I don’t get it. Why? It’s a great game. The reviews at GOG are positive. Or maybe that bestsellers list should be taken with lots of salt?

Tesla Effect is at #142. Broken Age at #143. Moebius at #156.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And if your head grows until it explodes from attention to details in Edna & Harvey Grin, you can always try The Whispered World, a little bit more “down to Earth” variant.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I got “The Whispered World” for 4 dollars at half-price books and is in my waiting to be played pile.

I’ve heard only good things about it.

Sadly, I got Dracula 4 and 5 cheap and played them - for the price I paid I actually enjoyed myself.

I plan on getting Secret Files 3 cheap too so that enjoy that game also.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

I gotta play whispered world, game looks amazing.

Edna and Harvey, looks great. Is it anything like DoTT? Just has that look to it, reminds me a bit of something from the world of maniac mansion.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Mikekelly - 30 May 2014 06:40 PM

I got “The Whispered World” for 4 dollars at half-price books and is in my waiting to be played pile.

Ok, easily corrected Wink. Whispered World is great if you’re after a cure for insomnia. Graphically it’s definitely lovely, but gameplay and story are rather a yawn   Tongue .

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

DaveyB - 31 May 2014 04:48 AM
Mikekelly - 30 May 2014 06:40 PM

Ok, easily corrected Wink. Whispered World is great if you’re after a cure for insomnia. Graphically it’s definitely lovely, but gameplay and story are rather a yawn   Tongue .

Uh oh, you’ll invoke the Wrath of Diego with that comment Gasp

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Karlok - 30 May 2014 07:21 AM

I went to GOG just now to check how well Tesla Effect was doing and I was shocked that Edna is in the very last position on the best-selling list of adventures. At #169. Rock bottom.  Cry I don’t get it. Why? It’s a great game. The reviews at GOG are positive. Or maybe that bestsellers list should be taken with lots of salt?

I dont know how gog totals that number, is it all time since they started selling each title, or just recently? If its all-time then you can disregard the number. Presumably its because it used to be sold on gog only in a bundle with new eyes. Not long ago it was split up and now counts a separate item. And naturally, the newest items would be at the bottom.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I never thought of that. A logical explanation.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Ok, easily corrected Wink. Whispered World is great if you’re after a cure for insomnia. Graphically it’s definitely lovely, but gameplay and story are rather a yawn

I’ve got some games on the VITA/3DS I paid $$$$ for and I’m playing through them. My PC netbook and ipad mini are on hold until I get all my VITA/3DS games played.

The ipad mini has 34 adventure games I got for $1.99-$6.99 begging to be played and my PC Netbook has 54 adventure games I bought at $1.00 - $7.99 waiting.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top