• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Tesla Effect Story Discussion - SPOILERS

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I didn’t mind the deaths in Tesla society. I thought all the potential deaths were fairly easy to avoid.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

There were some times in TLS where I had no idea what the fuck killed me, and since the end of the game didn’t have a lot of decriptive death lines I still have no idea. But with the frequent autosaves it never got particularly annoying.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I also had a death where I at first had absolutely no idea why I died, but then I noticed that the free roaming bees can also kill you…

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Iznogood - 18 May 2014 02:44 AM

I also had a death where I at first had absolutely no idea why I died, but then I noticed that the free roaming bees can also kill you…

Yeah, I figured they’d hurt me because it would be weird to have an animal roaming in a set pattern…then I purposely walked into one and died. Live and learn….or Die and Learn.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Snatcher42 - 17 May 2014 12:31 PM

Here’s what I did: take every left turn you can. You’ll hit a few dead ends, but then just back up and keep going left. I reached the end in about 2 minutes.

I’m not fast enough, got killed again almost immediately. Frown But I have seen the warehouse, thanks to youtube. I have no idea what’s going on with that princess girl, two (!) eggs, the quote in my sig, the thugs, the train.

We don’t know what Donnelly looks like, but yes, it’s the voice of Tex. I don’t like that at all. Tex cannot be someone else who spent many years in one of those cryochamber things with no memory of his previous life. That’s ridiculous.

Tex must always be Tex!

And what’s Big Jim Slade going on about at Coit Tower… Chelsee has a brother? I’m still reeling from the shock that Margaret is Chelsee’s mother, and that the Translator has never met Chelsee. Isn’t he her father??

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I seem to recall Chelsee’s brother coming up in the radio theater.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2014-01-04

PM

I’m guessing Margaret was pregnant when Johansan died, which would account for his never having met her.

Chelsee also mentions her brother at the start of Overseer. (Probably depending on what conversation options you choose there.) I’m guessing he’s her adoptive brother rather than a blood relation.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Andraste - 19 May 2014 06:01 AM

I’m guessing Margaret was pregnant when Johansan died, which would account for his never having met her.

Well, at least I’m glad he wasn’t around yet when Dalton did THIS to his daughter! How come he wants to work with a creep like that.

Chelsee also mentions her brother at the start of Overseer. (Probably depending on what conversation options you choose there.) I’m guessing he’s her adoptive brother rather than a blood relation.

I’m not familiar with the radio theater, but now you’ve mentioned it I do remember the part about her brother and his scary Halloween mask. Smile

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

Frogacuda - 19 May 2014 05:33 AM

I seem to recall Chelsee’s brother coming up in the radio theater.

Yes, I believe his name was Chance? If I am not mistaken, the Episodes ended with Tex visiting his abandoned office while tracking down some item that was linked to Chelsee’s disappearance, but my memory is fuzzy. I wonder if the stuff that happened in the RT episodes are even considered canon anymore.

I wish they cleared up the part that directly followed Overseer’s ending and told us exactly what Tex found out, why he became such a cold-blooded bastard (I still find that hard to believe, I was expecting some mind-control stuff to be revealed up until the end but nope) and perhaps what he was up to during this “dark” period. I hope Conners’ book will cover these and help us make some sense out of the messy bits.

No good deed goes unpunished

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

We are told Tex is in fact J.T. Donnelly and at the warehouse we learn that J.T. Donnelly was a bastard, pushing around princesses (to get his hands on a Faberge egg?) So maybe the developers need to explain how Donnelly turned into softie Tex.  Meh

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-05-20

PM

So for those looking to make that love connection with Ms. Bando, just remember to always blow off the advances of other women. Always inquire about Chelsea.

Do. Not. Delay. Asking. About. Chelsea. Back in Pandora’s Directive there were one or two critical scenes where, if you didn’t pick the correct line, you missed out on her even if you got everything else right. Same here. The first time you get picked up by the police, if you defer on asking about Chelsea you’ve lost your shot. You’ll end up in cuffs at the end, phone calling Chelsea to leave a heart breaking goodbye, and finish in a shootout with Saffyre by your side. Because you don’t act honestly with the cops (according to the game) it sets you on the “To Have and Have Not” road, as opposed to the “I’ll find you somewhere” road.

And I didn’t even make out with Ariel or Taylor. So, even having chosen to play faithful, that one cop conversation will derail your attempt at a good ending with her. I don’t know what happens if you later choose Taylor or Ariel but for that one good ending, you’ve got to talk about Chelsea the moment you get a chance.

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2003-11-21

PM

@Karlok

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind as well and it could be argued that since Donnelly was bad, Tex has a constant tendency of relapsing/ going bad (as he did in a couple of Pandora endings). It’s just that I still refuse to believe that J.T. Donnelly = Tex is canon so I don’t want to base everything else on this fact. Seems like we might have to get used to it, though Meh

No good deed goes unpunished

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

maladroid - 20 May 2014 12:26 PM

@Karlok

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind as well and it could be argued that since Donnelly was bad, Tex has a constant tendency of relapsing/ going bad (as he did in a couple of Pandora endings). It’s just that I still refuse to believe that J.T. Donnelly = Tex is canon so I don’t want to base everything else on this fact. Seems like we might have to get used to it, though Meh

I don’t want to believe it either. IMO, it’s a big mistake on the part of the developers. Like finding out that your spouse has been cheating on you for many years, and that your marriage was based on lies.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Karlok - 20 May 2014 03:50 PM
maladroid - 20 May 2014 12:26 PM

@Karlok

I don’t want to believe it either. IMO, it’s a big mistake on the part of the developers. Like finding out that your spouse has been cheating on you for many years, and that your marriage was based on lies.

Sign me up for the don’t want to believe club. In fact, I hope the next game starts with Rook telling Tex “Remember when you actually thought you were JT Donnelly, dumbnut!” and Tex just agreeing.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Ok, playing this again… At the beginning of Day 7, Ariel in St. Germaine’s room says to Tex that she didn’t know who he was when he interrupted her search of Bauers’ home, but earlier she saw him on the vidphone she said “Tex?” and clearly knew who he was. Then in the very next scene she says she’s been watching him for a while. Is she lying in front of St. Germaine? Why?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top