• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Last finished game

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

FinalFantasy Mobius

Pros

Decent gameplay setup, easy to get addicted to
OST among best of FF series
Fan fav characters are back
Great design of characters and classes
F2P so no loss

Cons

This could have been better full fledged title instead World of FF, not mobile one
Lots of potential wasted

8/10

Titanfall2

Didn’t finish it, cannot….. found boring for what i tried
There are good ninja mechanics for CoD fanbase but like recent CoDs, weapons feel super
dull and lack punch
On the contrary multi is fun but source engine is dated

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Hitman Season 1

Solid job with some great highs as not all eps were top tier
Sapienza was killer all around, beautiful, plenty of content,clever kill plans and lots of exploration
Colorado follows 2nd
last ep in japan was OK.

Eps were on time
Story is better than Tomclancy or jasonbourne recent stuff, full of counter espionage,
some of the best CG work out there.
Ended with cliffhanger

Season 2 on its way

Hitman is back, true successor of Bloodmoney however Jesperkyd iconic feel is missing alot
If the only thing they can improve is to get him back and keep the Sapienza model forward

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Have to try Hitman, going to look for some deals in the next days.

How far did you go in the Titanfall 2 campaign? I should finish it today or tommorrow and there is some awesome stuff in there.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 04 November 2016 08:26 AM

Have to try Hitman, going to look for some deals in the next days.

How far did you go in the Titanfall 2 campaign? I should finish it today or tommorrow and there is some awesome stuff in there.

I was partying with my friend since i am not playing Gears4 or TF2 types at home but his place.
Tried a bit for feel, its good like Tf1, multi is fun and campaign is good but after Doom
i need more in graphical and weapons department.
Futuristic pew pew weapons not clicking with me anymore
But yeah parkour is fun
So i will get back to it in dry season next year, same for IW, not now

IW getting good press for campaign

My retailer has Dis2 , and getting FFXV soon, but my all attention is on TLG for the
moment, i hope he gets brazillian copy not arabic
Hate censored arabic titles though there is nothing to censor in TLG i guess still

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished Titanfall 2 single-player campaign on PC, it’s excellent but a bit short.

Games starts with FMV intro showing a pilot showing off these amazing stunts and you just think it’s one of those things that doesn’t translate into the game but the surprise here it that is does. The movement in the game is incredible. Wall running, double jump, sliding , it’s all very fluid, kind of like Mirror’s Edge but better. Makes the combat fun instead of the usual shoot, cover, regenerate health cycle.
Then the game starts throwing other mechanics,  navigating platforms like a Mario game, another level has a cool time shifting ability and then combining all kinds of these different things with combat.
There’s also the Titan combat that I didn’t think it was very interesting, had a bunch of different loadouts but I mostly kept to same one that I though was more effective. Still it gave for some good setpieces.
Only down side is that I thought it was too short, around 5-6h, it makes it very well paced but I think it should have been longer.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 06 November 2016 05:22 AM

Finished Titanfall 2 single-player campaign on PC, it’s excellent but a bit short.

Games starts with FMV intro showing a pilot showing off these amazing stunts and you just think it’s one of those things that doesn’t translate into the game but the surprise here it that is does. The movement in the game is incredible. Wall running, double jump, sliding , it’s all very fluid, kind of like Mirror’s Edge but better. Makes the combat fun instead of the usual shoot, cover, regenerate health cycle.
Then the game starts throwing other mechanics,  navigating platforms like a Mario game, another level has a cool time shifting ability and then combining all kinds of these different things with combat.
There’s also the Titan combat that I didn’t think it was very interesting, had a bunch of different loadouts but I mostly kept to same one that I though was more effective. Still it gave for some good setpieces.
Only down side is that I thought it was too short, around 5-6h, it makes it very well paced but I think it should have been longer.

Get IW next, best CoD campaign after MW
Ex Ndog talent shined through alot, heck the characters, writing, acting,mocap etc was even better than UC series, its tlou, Wolfenstein levels good.
Breezed through in one sitting(was not even i planned), which shows how good it is not because its 4 to 5hrs, but unlike W3,UC or tlou it had seriously low running length to make characters so memorable. Prepare to care about these characters more than you do for Hollywood blockbusters.

Jonsnow as villain was just there, like MMA Gregor
B.Bloom, who did B.J in Wolfenstein and Varric in Dragonage is A+.
Nora Salter, i think she is from Trueblood fame, doesn’t recall her real name complimented Bloom well, their chemistry and tension grabbed me like some well
directed movie, A grade acting.
Claudiablack, (Morrigan/Chloe/Farscape) was aplomb , i love her voice not to mention all characters had their original faces and did amazing job.
There is Robot companion (Ethan), who shows whats wrong with BT of Titanfail2 campaign and he is as memorable as Glados from Portal2, there are some really touching moments with great music and scenarios.
Can’t speak much about actual gameplay , its just excuse to push through story, space battles are hectic and epic and space setting worked alot better than i expected.

I wouldn’t mind a sequel with more of the same Dev team, if only they had Frostbite engine. They also can flesh out space action more with Acecombat like fighting.

Highly recommended for story and character fans, who want to experience tough tragic
reality of space military warfare.
Nobody is infallible

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2016-11-07

PM

Finally finished Evolved… stopped and started it many times, but in the end it was decent enough. I think the multiplayer is more fun tbh. Don’t wanna play the story mode again.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Watch Dogs

I bought this game back when it was released and have started it 2-3 times but never got that far into it.

Decided to stick with it this time and finished it.

Pros

* Hacking mechanics were fun and added a puzzle element to the fights.
* Gun fights were fun
* The city is pretty detailed and looks great in the early sun and when raining.
* The little bio’s on each NPC as you scan them were funny
* Lots of side missions and games to play however most are not that interesting. Gang Hideouts in particular.

Cons

* Main Character is dull as dishwater
* Story is not that interesting mainly due to the main character being someone you dont really care for.
* Driving and police evades can be a pain in the ass until you realise that just heading for water is the best option.

The game is a solid if unforgettable. The open world is fairly standard, and is occassionaly fun.

3/5

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dishonored 2

So i was hyped for this like anything.
This is ideal example of my non bias, it was my Goty contender and my best of E3
still i regret to admit, it sucked on many levels
I am pissed, like some Hilary follower
I cannot believe what Harvey smith did to story, and i cannot believe COD IW campaign
blows Dis2 story out of water

NPCs are un interesting, best levels were demoed already before launch
Graphics engine sucked, bad trees,low poly character models and texture popins, and some other bugs, i got early copy and was not patched so that department can improve
Still texture work of this void engine is meh, i was like why they didnt use UE4.
I hope that Evilwithin2 doesnt use this engine

Karnaca is a huge letdown, that semi Halflife2 feel is gone, its new area but i can feel HL2 art director work was missing

Levels have this empty feeling, like some amateur level designer who forgot to populate it like Dis1

Dis1 DLC KnifeofDunwall was peak of awesomeness, level design to Daud himself, the story
and twists….here it feels like major step back to hit that ceiling…
They didnt do anything to make me care about them
Plus some old villain as main architect felt forced and repetitive esp when that someone
peaked in performance in KnifeofDunwall

Ending was abrupt and cheap and it felt like they are holding better part for DLC
They fell short to deliver on new enemy types, bosses and other bits.

Gameplay is as awesome as always since the mechanics work but there are no wow elements like partylevel, tallboys encounter for the first time, DLC asassinations, Daud assassination or stealing from him or Hatters etc.
The best level was shown before release and that too ended too soon

Emily is not fun either, not fun as Daud and i would recommend anyone to play
Dishonored 1 and its DLC but not try this first.

pissed/10

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ouch, maybe that’s why they are holding off on reviews…

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 09 November 2016 02:39 PM

Doom was killer though

FFXV is here, but i cant bruteforce it, and dont have time for 40hrs games now
And i reckon FFXV cannot match 10yrs hype

Ueda is last hope for my lust…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 09 November 2016 03:27 PM

Doom was killer though

And Watch_Dogs 2 and Dead Rising 4…........  Neutral  weirdly slow fall season

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 09 November 2016 03:58 PM
nomadsoul - 09 November 2016 03:27 PM

Doom was killer though

And Watch_Dogs 2 and Dead Rising 4…........  Neutral  weirdly slow fall season

Nier2,nioh,grush2,horizon, Forhonor,Yak0 etc
1st quarter is new fall

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished Halo 2.
Fun campaign, started pretty slow with some CoD-like setpieces but when we get to the ring games gets a lot tougher. Again level design was not the most inspired in some places with too much repetition and was getting tiredof fighting waves of brutes.
I liked where the story went with the Covenant back story and revolution. Playing as the Arbitrer
was a good touch but it was too much like the Chief.
That ending, lol, I can see people throwing controllers at the TV at the time of release… “What are you doing here, Chief”- “I’m here to finish the fight!” THE END Smile
Quality of the remake is great, the MI-like ability to jump between the 2 versions is awesome and the CGI cutscenes add a lot.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 10 November 2016 01:38 PM

“What are you doing here, Chief”- “I’m here to fiQuanish the fight!” THE END Smile
CGI cutscenes add a lot.

The final scene with Cortana was good cliffhanger, back then i was like is she changing sides and made a good premise for Halo3
CGI scenes make me think why they still didnt make Hollywood movie

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top