• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Resonance

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Anybody else playing Resonance? I’m currenty in a maze… sigh… but otherwise this is a fantastic game.

EDIT: I would like to be able to turn off the music, but I don’t think that’s possible without turning off all sound. Frown

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Just got it today. It’s gone from being what I thought was too easy to pretty hard. I’m stuck at the lab trying to find that damn wrench Angry

And ... did you say maze?  Gasp

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Fien - 22 June 2012 12:30 PM

Anybody else playing Resonance? I’m currenty in a maze… sigh… but otherwise this is a fantastic game.

EDIT: I would like to be able to turn off the music, but I don’t think that’s possible without turning off all sound. Frown

I’m going to dip my toe in now in the hope that we can make peace Fien - if not nevermind!

Yep! I’m playing Resonance - I was completely hooked within the first 10 mins of the demo so was waiting patiently for hours on release to get my GOG download of the full game. I’m a little further on from the maze now but it really isn’t that bad as mazes go! I agree - it’s a fantastic game.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2009-04-27

PM

Finally, someone opened a thread about Resonance. Thank you Fien!!

Been testing this game for the last month or so. My head is so full after all these playthroughs and I’m biting my nails here to be able to discuss it with people.
FINISH IT ALREADY!!! Tongue Wink

Nooo, take your time and enjoy.

Quick tip for the MAZE:

If moving the chraracter by mouse click becomes tedious, you can use the keyboard arrows. Much smoother during the maze sequence.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Oscar - 22 June 2012 12:59 PM

Just got it today. It’s gone from being what I thought was too easy to pretty hard. I’m stuck at the lab trying to find that damn wrench Angry

And ... did you say maze?  Gasp

I don’t know whether it’s a completely novel idea but being able to click on items (especially those you are stuck on) to transfer them to the STM facility (next to inventory) to use as topics of conversation is interesting, as is being able to use images from the LTM!    Smile

Joined 2009-04-27

PM

As chrissie says…

Plus you can actually just drag & drop STM topics directly from the scene on another character. This way you can initiate conversations & make NPCs do something without having to store those topics in the STM inventory first.

It’s a shortcut that’s quite handy at times.

And pretty much every reviewer complaining about how cumbersome the interface is seems to have missed that one. Simply by not reading the “How To Play” option in the main menu. In Resonance that short tutorial is not just for kicks. Yum

Joined 2009-04-27

PM

Hehehe, excruciating but optional! Tongue
Personally, I loved it! Seriously, that’s what I call a real intellectual challenge

It’s very hard but still fair, as ‘right click’ on it’s various hotspots gave all the necessary cues to solve it.

edit: Darn, chrissie just made me realize that I missread pazu’s post. I was actually refering to Juno Labs wiring puzzle, he was not! Arrrgh! Sorry!

The bridge puzzle’s not optional. But giving it some thought it’s not difficult. Not in any league with the Juno Labs panel at least Tongue.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Another excruciating puzzle! How does it compare to the wiring one in Juno Labs in terms of difficulty?

Total Posts: 57

Joined 2012-01-24

PM

I think the wiring puzzle in JUNO labs is by far the most difficult in the game. Still nothing that can’t be solved with thought and careful observation. For me, after the initial frustration, it actually ended up being quite fun.

The bridge puzzle is much easier, perhaps because it comes much later in the game and you have had a chance to become accustomed to its puzzle mechanics.

By the way did anyone notice the wonderful hint system? It was very well integrated in the game as conversations between characters. I used it very sparingly because I didn’t want to dump down the difficulty of the game, but those few times I was pleasantly surprised by it, because it didn’t spoil the puzzles, but simply gave me a nudge in the right direction (which is what a good hint system should do in my opinion - direct spoilers belong in walkthroughs).

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Okay, I give up. WHERE IS THE WRENCH? It was in the closet and now it’s gone. Saul says it’s there but he used it to smash the window but it’s nowhere to be seen. I expect the answer to be randomly dragging something onto something else but I’ve been doing that for hours and come up with nothing.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

I just watched Giant Bomb’s Quick Look as I’m unable to download the game at the moment. It looks really impressive—super high production values for an indie adventure, great attention to detail with some interesting gameplay and puzzles.

After reading the Adventure Gamers review and various impressions, I think I had higher hopes for the writing (and voice acting, though that’s less of a concern of mine). I was expecting a noticeable jump in quality over the frequently compared Gemini Rue, but I didn’t see it. The writing occasionally seems to veer into cliched territory, which the Giant Bomb guys were quick to point out, especially the lines between the detective and his partner.

Still, I’m looking forward to experiencing it for myself as a whole.

Total Posts: 40

Joined 2011-12-15

PM

Oscar - 22 June 2012 09:31 PM

Okay, I give up. WHERE IS THE WRENCH? It was in the closet and now it’s gone. Saul says it’s there but he used it to smash the window but it’s nowhere to be seen. I expect the answer to be randomly dragging something onto something else but I’ve been doing that for hours and come up with nothing.

That took me a while too. You have to ask Saul the correct thing.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oscar - 22 June 2012 09:31 PM

Confront Saul with his own story of how he used the wrench to smash the window, by clicking the long-term memory of his escape through the windom on him.

That door puzzle at the lab was too hard for me. I gave up after 30 minutes or so. Thank God for the alternative solution. Smile I may go back and give it another try later though.

I don’t understand what people have against the voiceacting. I think it’s great.

EDIT: Yeah, let’s be friends, Chrissie! Don’t mind me, I’m the self-appointed forum bitch. Ask Zobraks, SweetD, Diego, Kuru… hell, just ask anybody.  Shifty Eyed

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Fien - 22 June 2012 10:26 PM

That door puzzle at the lab was too hard for me. I gave up after 30 minutes or so. Thank God for the alternative solution. Smile I may go back and give it another try later though.

Glad to see I’m not the only one who didn’t get that one. I’ll try to get back to it, but I really didn’t understand what the “rules” were.

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

orient - 22 June 2012 09:45 PM

I just watched Giant Bomb’s Quick Look as I’m unable to download the game at the moment.

Out of curiosity I went and had a quick look at Giant Bomb’s Quick Look. How you think you can judge the game’s writing and voiceacting with those two guys having a dialogue and commenting on everything is totally beyond me! Why would you spoil your own fun like that anyway…

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Fien - 22 June 2012 10:56 PM

Out of curiosity I went and had a quick look at Giant Bomb’s Quick Look. How you think you can judge the game’s writing and voiceacting with those two guys having a dialogue and commenting on everything is totally beyond me! Why would you spoil your own fun like that anyway…

I would’ve rather downloaded the demo but I don’t have access at the moment, and as much as I love Wadjet, this isn’t a game I wanted to buy without seeing it first. But the video did convince me—I’m going to buy it.

While the Giant Bomb guys do talk over the top of some of the dialogue, you can still hear most of it and read all the writing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top