• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Games that need an Ipad and an Android port

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2014-03-26

PM

Hey guys! Our ipads are crying for adventure games! Just say what games you would like to get on your ipad! (Don’t brick it!)
Here is my wishlist (hoping it will get some attention)

-The curse of Monkey Island
-Escape from Monkey Island
-Grim Fandango
-King Quest 1-7 (or the remakes made by fans)
-The Silver Lining
-Snatcher
-Blade Runner by westwood
-Space Quest 1-6
-Leisure Suit Larry 2-7
-Sam & Max hits the road
-Sam & Max season one
-Maniac Mansion
-Day of tentacle
-Discworld
-Ghost pirates of Vooju Island
-Neverhood
-Policenaut
-Heavy Rain

List by others:
-To the Moon
-Hotel Dusk
-Last Window
-Discworl Noir
-The Black Mirror trilogy
-The Longest Journey
-Gabriel Knight Trilogy
-Gray Matter
-Cognition episode 3 and 4

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

I would really like to see Hotel Dusk & Last Window on Ipad, or Iphone. Truly great games that more people should get a chance to play, and I think would work well on them.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

You can have ScummVM on a jailbroken device (or android) and it runs all the games that scumm supports (like Discworld, Day of the Tentacle, Full throttle etc.)

As for some you listed, it would be really difficult to port them, because of the control scheme. Games like Escape from Monkey Island and Grim Fandango really need some kind of controller to play so the touchscreen makes things really difficult.

Joined 2014-03-26

PM

I heard that some fans did a patch for Grim Fandango that use point and click. And I dont really want to jailbroke my new ipad air…

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Toefur - 26 March 2014 09:07 AM

I would really like to see Hotel Dusk & Last Window on Ipad, or Iphone. Truly great games that more people should get a chance to play, and I think would work well on them.

Yeah, I agree. Hasn’t the company that make them gone under though?

Point & click Grim Fandango? Interesting…never was a fan of the controls in that game.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2014-03-26

PM

Never got around to finish Hotel Dusk but It could be a good Idea since that kind of game would work great on ipad.

Point & click grim fandango article: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/02/24/grim-fandango-finally-a-point-and-click-adventure-game-thanks-to-modder/

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Cool, thanks.

How about these for ipad/tabs

Discworld Noir
To the moon
And some of Daedalic’s games?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 30

Joined 2013-03-30

PM

“Games that need an Ipad and an Android port” 

Grin

xxax - 26 March 2014 09:13 AM

You can have ScummVM on a jailbroken device (or android) and it runs all the games that scumm supports (like Discworld, Day of the Tentacle, Full throttle etc.)

And it works like a charm. I’m replaying Full Throttle these days, and there’s no problem with left-click, right-click, etc.

My NON-ROOTED Xperia (sorry, phone cam quality) :

@ Diorm : thanks for the new and the article’s link !  Wink

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

I prefer to play my games with PC. I think porting them to tablets or phones is a waste of time and effort.

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Joined 2014-03-26

PM

Some years ago, I would have said that you are right, but since my life changed, I’m not always at my home and dont want to sit in front of my computer to play games (since I work 40h a week in front of one). So I bough myself an Ipad because I wanted to play again at my favorite type of games, wich are adventure games, wherever I go.

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2008-09-01

PM

Yeah android doesn’t need to be rooted for scummvm to work. Hell i played Fate of Atlantis on my Samsung S3 and it works remarkably well.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

If you want portable PC gaming - get a netbook. They are VERY portable and I take mine everywhere.

I have an ipad with 28 adventure games on it. The ipad (at least mine) is not exactly starving for adventure games.

I use an ipad because I love playing adventure games with a touch screen interface - it just makes the games so much fun to play.

Now I just finished “Beneath a Steel Sky” on the ipad and LOVED IT.

Another PC game I’d love to see ported over would be “Dreamfall”

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Tad - 26 March 2014 09:58 AM

Yeah, I agree. Hasn’t the company that make them gone under though?

Point & click Grim Fandango? Interesting…never was a fan of the controls in that game.

Yup. I think Nintendo may hold the rights to it, though.

Joined 2014-03-26

PM

Mikekelly - 26 March 2014 07:42 PM

I use an ipad because I love playing adventure games with a touch screen interface - it just makes the games so much fun to play.

Now I just finished “Beneath a Steel Sky” on the ipad and LOVED IT.

I know right? It’s really fun with a touch screen!
I finished Beneath a Steel Sky the other day too (with the strange new ending… just hope they will make that sequel they are talking about after broken Sword)
I finished The Wolf among Us Episode One yesterday and it was really fun too. Guess I’ll play the Ace attorney trilogy now

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

MoonBird - 26 March 2014 12:08 PM

I prefer to play my games with PC. I think porting them to tablets or phones is a waste of time and effort.

I totally disagree!

I found it interesting that in a recent interview with Jane Jensen (it was posted in the GK remake thread IIRC), Jane said she was mostly interested in the tablet market at the moment. The idea is that on the tablet market, they can reach a different audience, an audience who aren’t necessarily “gamers”. As the Ipad is often used as an e-reader, I do agree with her that in the tablet market an audience can be found which is more interested in games focused on storytelling without there being any (or few) action sequences needing to use reflexes.

And finally, I personally prefer playing adventure games on the Ipad. The adventure game genre just works so well with a touch screen!

As for games which should get an IOS and android port:

Discworld Noir (already mentioned above, but I think this one is just so great and currently not so easy to find)
The Black Mirror trilogy (havent played 2 and 3 but would like to)
The Longest Journey (Funcom was actually working on an IOS port in 2011 and in an interview with Ragnar Tornquist in (I think) 2012 I read that he said there was a good working IOS version being made at Funcom, but since then, I heard nothing more about it…)
Gabriel Knight Trilogy (We’ll at least get the GK1 remake on tablets)
Gray Matter
Cognition episode 3 and 4

There are more, of course, but those were all I could think of from the top of my head.

Joined 2014-03-26

PM

I couldn’t agree more. The tablet is more for relaxing in front of some puzzle solving than to play FPS. It’s a way to get a new audience.
Just finihed The Wolf among Us 2 and it was awesome! Now I think I’ll play Walking Dead… yet again!
I supported the Spaceventure on kickstarter. Hope it will help the team buy the space quest serie to make new games!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top