• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DinahPenceLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Demo: Combining a text adventure & FPS

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2012-02-26

PM

Hello!

I originally had an idea for a game that tried to combine the best part of both of these types of games a few years ago. Here’s the old thread : http://archive.adventuregamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30567

I’ve been working on a demo of the concept for the last month. At this stage I have managed to find a high-quality map ready to use, and within that limitation have set about creating a small game within it.

My plan is to attract a team to make the real thing.

Here’s a small video of the gameplay - just the initial part of the level, so there are no spoilers. I hope to release the demo for people to play in another month or so. If you would like to help me beta-test it PM me. Unfortunately it’s only Windows 7 at this stage.

If anyone has any feedback I’d love to hear it!

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

The concept sounded strange to me at first, but it looked pretty cool in the demo.

The idea definitely has some potential.  Good luck!

Joined 2012-02-26

PM

Thanks Mosely!

Hopefully I can attract some more interest once I have the demo completed! I must admit, I thought there would be more interest.

Surely i’m not the only one that wants to play games like this?

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i don’t know if i want a genre out of this but i can see potential for a franchise here.one story which will make this unique and special.we always see suits in movies with AI in and sometimes quirky AI at that and you use them to do pretty much everything.i’d really love to play a game with that premise.the suit can provide lots of functions to aid you in puzzle solving.i say suit but it can be anything…it could be a wrist gadget with an earpiece.hopefully you’ll get someone to show interest in it (y) Smile

Joined 2012-02-26

PM

Here’s a new demo with some updated gameplay based on feedback so far (small spoiler):

If anyone can help me beta-test please let me know!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I do like the concept of this, though how well it would work in a full lenght game is entirely different matter. IT does provide a lot of freedom though and if the parser system itself is good enough it should be vry flexible as well.

Joined 2012-02-26

PM

Here’s a screenshot of a later part of the game.

Image Attachments

ss02.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top