• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CelesteGB

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Zero Escape 3 Now Official! 

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Are you loving third person camera angles too

Yea, these are a little strange, but overall the game has a creepy atmosphere to it that this adds too.

I just got the first ending - looking forward to getting more of them.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

12h in, still a lot to uncover. It’s like I’m on a full speed rollercoaster with no idea what is going on but still enjoying the ride a lot

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 03 July 2016 10:21 AM

12h in, still a lot to uncover. It’s like I’m on a full speed rollercoaster with no idea what is going on but still enjoying the ride a lot

Finished with all endings…

Dont click spoilers untill you are finished

Zero

Is

you,Delta

Is a genius work by kotaro

And the reason why i asked about camera, which is another genius decision as part of narrative like second screen was was akane
in past game

Another hint Smile

How big of a puzzle solver expert are you?
Spot in the cover art

You cant

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I want a Zero Escape 4 that’s just Akane dissecting famous time travel movies. Grin

(Also, they’ve officially confirmed that we’re getting updated versions of 999 and VLR, probably for PC.)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 04 July 2016 08:17 AM

(Also, they’ve officially confirmed that we’re getting updated versions of 999 and VLR, probably for PC.)

999 with flowchart and not butchered like the iOS version? Will double dip

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 04 July 2016 09:38 AM

999 with flowchart

^ This. Would buy again if that’s the case.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 04 July 2016 08:17 AM

I want a Zero Escape 4 that’s just Akane dissecting famous time travel movies. Grin

I’ll never look at Back to the Future the same way, just a bunch of murders Tongue

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ending D-2 now… What

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 04 July 2016 01:51 PM

Ending D-2 now… What

I can’t wait to replay VLR to [spoiler]really enjoy all those times Sigma hit on Phi.[/spoiler]

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Aaaand done.

Gripping game, disappointing ending. Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad I played it, I couldn’t put it down (I seriously considered cancelling my plans for the week-end so that I could keep playing), but the last few hours were frustrating.

A few impressions, in no particular order:

1) Huge pacing problems. 999 and VLR were good at alternating story and escape sequences. ZTD, on the other hand, shoves all the escape sequences early on (without much story progression in between since the characters’ memories keep getting erased), and then the last 4 or 5 hours are basically one huge cutscene.

2) Uneven puzzle design. Some rooms were really fun (the study, the pod room…), but others felt very short and slight. Probably related to the lack of budget.

3) Carlos, you’re bland. Please go and die in a ditch. Also: that was in my head every time you were on screen. Every. Single. Time.

4) Speaking of bland characters, worst Zero in the series. Delta was an awful villain. Boring old guy who just kept pontificating for hours while not providing any significant information. By the end of the game, it’s still not clear what the hell his master plan was. VLR had built up Brother as this awesome figure, and seeing him in the flesh was very disappointing. I hope Carlos shot him just to shut him up.

5) Mira and Eric, on the other hand, were delightfully fucked up. However, the game kinda forgot about them in the end, because they didn’t really factor into anything…

6) ... Which leads me to my biggest frustration: The fucking snail story! Half of the game’s characters are connected to it (Mira was the killer, Eric’s mother was the victim, Akane’s father was wrongly found guilty of the murder, original!Sean died because the surgeon was killed in that car accident), and the game made an obvious connection between the six victims and the fact that you needed six deaths to open the X-door. And then… nothing. That plotline was completely dropped in order to focus on Sigma’s creepy, incestuous little family instead. WTF? (Was I the only one who spent most of the game thinking Eric was going to somehow become Brother—since his brother died as a direct consequence of the snail-murder—, until the game pulled the silly time-travelling babies out of nowhere?)

7) I get that Junpei was sad that Akane ditched him in the middle of nowhere at the end of game 1, but did he have to turn into such a douche? Seriously… Yay Mira for chopping him into little pieces. (Another plotline that the game mostly forgot about halfway through…)

Cool Sigma was weird. I mean, the guy’s 60-something, he’s spent 45 years preparing for this, and he acts like a petulant teenager half of the time. I mean, why is he so desperate to escape, rather than collect information that he could use in other timelines??? Good thing he was hot, or I would have been annoyed with him.

9) Luna and Phi were the two best characters in VLR, and I feel like the whole creepy shelter-babies storyline sullied them in some way. Now that’s all I’ll be able to think of when I replay VLR.

10) The stupid paradox with Phi’s brooch didn’t feature nearly enough electric guitar.

Anyway, mostly enjoyed the game, but the uninteractive ending and lack of resolution for a few significant plotlines were disappointing. Good, but not a worthy follow-up to VLR.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Gripping game, disappointing ending.

Thanks for sharing, I’m not there yet and won’t be for awhile.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also finished it.
Liked it but suffers a bit from 3rd part syndrome that has to tie a lot and add the budget constraints that makes the game shorter than VLR it ends not being as good as the other 2 games.
Still, it managed to have some big surprises, namely the D2 ending… The Zero reveal was Kojima/Psyvho Mantis level of crazyness. Not totally convinced but it was surprising.

Kurufinwe - 04 July 2016 04:55 PM

Aaaand done.

A few impressions, in no particular order:

1) Huge pacing problems. 999 and VLR were good at alternating story and escape sequences. ZTD, on the other hand, shoves all the escape sequences early on (without much story progression in between since the characters’ memories keep getting erased), and then the last 4 or 5 hours are basically one huge cutscene.

2) Uneven puzzle design. Some rooms were really fun (the study, the pod room…), but others felt very short and slight. Probably related to the lack of budget.

Tottaly agree, took me some time to warm up because of all the escape rooms that featured repetition of Layton-like puzzles. My favorite was probably the trasporter room having to decode the language.

3) Carlos, you’re bland. Please go and die in a ditch. Also: that was in my head every time you were on screen. Every. Single. Time.

He was the good guy to counter Junpei sudden fall to emoness. Most annoying character for me was the annoying laugh Eric, just kept shooting people for no reason. Don’t know why we didn’t have any reaction in any storyline with Mira alive for him founding out she was a serial killer that killed his mother… Disappointing

4) Speaking of bland characters, worst Zero in the series. Delta was an awful villain. Boring old guy who just kept pontificating for hours while not providing any significant information. By the end of the game, it’s still not clear what the hell his master plan was. VLR had built up Brother as this awesome figure, and seeing him in the flesh was very disappointing. I hope Carlos shot him just to shut him up.

I “liked” him, he was a 124 year-old guy that has the ability to read thoughts and control people. He was born in the future. He creates a virus that kills 6 billion to save a part of humanity. I think he had some interesting stuff going on Smile The endgame was to create the final reality were they were all sure of their powers and motivated to save humanity. Although I don’t think the author was interely satisfied with it and created that just to have a ending since Delta even says it in a sarcastic “here is your good ending”. Also it cracked me up in one ending he kills everybody and just turns to Diana to say “Mommy”

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

There are some new files that show up after the last ending. Tells some of what happens

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

So did you spot something on coverart and zero time dilemma?

Ending was amazing, people who arent getting it bashing it.

It all started from that snail

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

The bullet hole in the cover?

I’ve seen some screenshots that showed the shadow of the wheelchair throughout the game, also read about other clues like nobody ever calling Sean by the name or Q.

Can’t find it now but I’ve read a post on reddit with a great overview about the snail and all it’s implications in the 3 games. Great stuff

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top