• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Double Fine’s Amnesia Fortnight 2014 - lots of AG pitches

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

did anybody play mnemonic?
it has a nice atmosphere, and the game mechanics didn’t necessarily remind me of another adventure.
There are some unfair puzzles (postcard and key), and the story is kind of obscure, but overall a nice experience.

BTW, little pink buds can also be regarded as an adventure game I guess. I played it a bit, it’s a bit buggy, and haven’t found the major potato scense yet, but it’s very entertaining!

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Mmnemonic was good, my second favourite of the protos, Dear Leader being my favourite one. As it is, Mnemonic would need some serious rethinking on how the UI and the puzzles work and especailly the inventory was cumbersome. The art direction and atmosphere were great though.

Pink Buds is practically impossible to pull off as a real project. There’s way too many pit falls in it for it to be a reasonable project, especially budget wise.

Total Posts: 1892

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I definitely thought Mmnemonic was the best of the prototypes. I really think pen’s game would make for a very interesting experience, but the prototype just isnt in a very playable state. I like the concept of dear leader, but i cant imagine enjoying a game where all you do is click those edict choices. Its really a delicate balance to make a game like that and highlights just how unusual and difficult it was for papers please to pull it off successfully.

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

and what about steed?
I thought it would have a more substantial campaign, as the game now can be finished in 10 minutes or so. The game looks and feels nice though, but content-wise it is pretty limited.

I still have to play dear leader.

Also, i liked the soundtrack from 2012 better Wink

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Personally I thought the Steed team dropped a ball bit. It turned out pretty much a typical action adventure game with a horse instead of a barbarian with an axe. It really didn’t give me any other impact beyond “cute”.

Dear Leader is, IMO, the most ready of the protos with a pretty clear vision. It’s something that could be produced into a full game with a relatively fast schedule, as besides some UI adjustements and so on, it really only needs more content.

In the end I’m not surprised if DF tries to go with all three, Steed, Mmnemonic and Dear Leader. Out of the three Steed and Mmenomic propably need the biggest budget, so I’d guess both of them are project that would be offered to publishers. Dear Leader strikes me more of an internal project, as it really doesn’t need huge budget to be done right. And it would propably make a wicked tablet game. Pink Buds is just so risky idea that I don’t see anyone funding it.

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

eurogamer had a nice write-up
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-12-exploring-double-fines-amnesia-fortnight-2014

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

and some lengthy bits from kotaku:
http://tay.kotaku.com/tag/amnesia-fortnight-2014

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

The prototype that grabbed me the most, and that I see having the most potential turned into a full-fledged game, gotta be Mnemonic. Interesting concept, great atmosphere and I could see it providing some great puzzles.

I also liked Dear Leader - amazing art direction - but I’m not sure the concept would be interesting enough for an entire game.

Not a big fan of Steed or LPBB. Steed seemed like the game idea with the most potential, but the actual execution leaves much to be desired.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Steed was the one the felt most like a vertical slice from a real, modern game, so in that regard it seemed like the best one, but it’s hard to visualize the full game being all that interesting, especially in terms of the nuts and bolts like combat.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top